• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Would All New People On Ob Please Introduce...

candlelight

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Don't let those bad apples spoil it for you, OFIBP.  There are "bad apples" all over the world in every Christian denomination.  Such is life.

Very true, very true.  Just kind of a shock when you haven't been somewhere for a while, you come back and from the surface, looks like there's been a changing of the guard, or at least, a letting down of it, but anyway.  WOW, what a run-on sentence!

• Members

Very true, very true.  Just kind of a shock when you haven't been somewhere for a while, you come back and from the surface, looks like there's been a changing of the guard, or at least, a letting down of it, but anyway.  WOW, what a run-on sentence!

Hang on!  It's bound to get better.

• Members

I do not mean this as a criticism against anyone specifically, but when I read threads and posts about who supports who and who thinks who is a hypocrite I wonder if these people are being followed (or revered) a little too closely.  

Suggestion. Change "little" to "lot"

• Members

Hang on!  It's bound to get better.

OFIBP and I first came to OB about the same time. As he has stated there has been a change. Question is: what has occurred that "It's bound to get better"?

• Moderators

OFIBP and I first came to OB about the same time. As he has stated there has been a change. Question is: what has occurred that "It's bound to get better"?

Don't ask. Please.

• Members

Don't ask. Please.

Totally understand. Talk about stirring a beehive up. Seriously though; it is heart breaking to see what has occurred, especially since we are all such Godly people.

• Members

Chippewa Lake Baptist. More and more involved there so not leaving for Cleveland, thus I can listen to Bro Folger online or MP3. One can never listen to too much good, solid preaching.

Yes, great to hear Bro Folger. Of course, with a name like Folger, how could he be anything but good? :coffee2:

• Members

Don't ask. Please.

I meant that in a positive way, Salyan.  I didn't mean anything bad by it.

• Members

I think 'from the surface' is the significant term there. What we've seen going on recently is one undeniably big spat between about three or four forum members, carried on over three or four threads. But there are hundreds of members and dozens of threads active at any one time, so it's hardly representive of the forum overall. There's been no change of guard: the forum is still run by Matt and together with the mods he and they run the site the same way they've always run it. The membership is the same too: a bunch of people, coming and going, for the most part fellowshipping, given to arguing now and then. By God's grace the fellowshipping happens a lot more than the arguing, and that's not true for all forums.

• Members

Some of the arguments I've seen are silly. Some that I have seen are worthy. Some of them I've been the dummy :) But for the most part, the arguments I have seen on here are NOTHING compared to some of the vitriol I have seen on other forums...BAPTIST forums. 

I have had my share of disagreements with others on here. I have had some sharp disagreements with John81, JerryNumbers, Ukelelemike, Heartstrings, but  as a viscous watchdog that bites back, I would defend those brothers in a heartbeat against any outsider that enters this forum with an agenda against King James Only Bible believing fundamental Baptists. There's quite a bit of good iron sharpening here (Prov 27:17) even though sometimes it can get a little out of hand.

"And the contention was so sharp between them, that they departed asunder one from the other: and so Barnabas took Mark, and sailed unto Cyprus" Acts 15:39 and then later Paul said, "Only Luke is with me. Take Mark, and bring him with thee: for he is profitable to me for the ministry." 1 Tim 4:11

• Members

I think 'from the surface' is the significant term there. What we've seen going on recently is one undeniably big spat between about three or four forum members, carried on over three or four threads. But there are hundreds of members and dozens of threads active at any one time, so it's hardly representive of the forum overall. There's been no change of guard: the forum is still run by Matt and together with the mods he and they run the site the same way they've always run it. The membership is the same too: a bunch of people, coming and going, for the most part fellowshipping, given to arguing now and then. By God's grace the fellowshipping happens a lot more than the arguing, and that's not true for all forums.

You have a point and yes, from the surface is a key phrase in my post.  However, said arguments/posters are in the lime light when I've been looking in the past few days.  I'm sure if I'd dig a little deeper, I'd find more fellowshipping, but used to be, I wouldn't have had to dig to find it.  Maybe, when I have more time to devote up here, whenever that is, I'll start the excavation.

Archived