• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Would All New People On Ob Please Introduce...

candlelight

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've been here for a while, but I do want to introduce someone who didn't bother to put his information on his profile:

John B. Carpenter, Pastor of Covenant Reformed (Calvinist) Baptist Church in Providence, NC. Avid supporter of James White, anti-King James Bible who joined this forum for the express purpose of responding to my articles on James White and Ergun Caner.

• Members

I've been here for a while, but I do want to introduce someone who didn't bother to put his information on his profile:

John B. Carpenter, Pastor of Covenant Reformed (Calvinist) Baptist Church in Providence, NC. Avid supporter of James White, anti-King James Bible who joined this forum for the express purpose of responding to my articles on James White and Ergun Caner.

I noticed that he referenced White's name an awful lot...seemed like it bordered on having an agenda.

• Members

I noticed that he referenced White's name an awful lot...seemed like it bordered on having an agenda.

Likely from seeing one of my tweets to JD Hall or James White, came to my website to respond (which he posted the same article to my site) and then seen my link to Online Baptist and decided to come here and post it. I have no problem with the content about Ergun Caner because I agree with it, and have so posted such in one article on our website. But just as I had a problem with Jack Schaap, I haven't rant and raved about it for 4 years. Some Baptists still do occasionally, but not like this. It is clear that the Calvinists are using it to their advantage to persuade the remaining Non Calvinists in the Southern Baptist Convention to capitulate. Why any Reformed churches would care less about what goes on a Non Calvinist and frankly ANTI Calvinist college is obvious. 

It's OK to have an agenda, I certainly do, but for God's sake be honest about it, and don't use ad baculum as your methodology.

• Members

Oh , and just in case there are any newcomers confused about my agenda in getting involved:

1. Caner makes everyone look bad, so there's is at least somewhat of a legitimate complaint there. Problem is the Calvinists are taking advantage of it and using it as a double-edged sword to vilify Non Calvinists, which leads to....

2. Stop these ego driven hypocrites from spreading their anti-King James Bible and their God is the author of sin doctrines which includes not only the debates I have with them directly about Calvinism, but in also showing how hypocritical, manipulative, and vicious they can be in attacking a brother in error. JD Hall of Reformation Montana even went so far as to call Caner an unbeliever and unregenerated as well as one of Caner's supporters, Pastor Timothy Rogers. Ironically, Hall hasn't mustered up the nerve to declare that Norman Geisler isn't saved because he knows that even though Geisler is opposed to Calvinism, he is still respected as an apologist among Calvinists and Non Calvinists alike. Since Geisler has supported Caner, if Hall were consistent in his accusations, then he should just go out on his broken limb and call Norman Geisler, John Ankenberg, EE Towns all unregenerate children of the devil. Not one single Calvinist on White's or Hall's side has asked Hall to repent of HIS actions.

3. Frankly, as an independent Baptist, I could care less what goes on in the SCB or Reformed churches, but only to the extent that it effects Bible believing soul winners when their prospective potential converts use the actions of other Christians against us which is why I'm calling out BOTH sides of the Caner issue. Caner for setting a bad example, and the anti-Canerites for maintaining their "right" to punch Christians in the face for not doing it there way.

• Members

That was my reason for opening up this thread, Dr. Ach.

Besides, there is another poster, who is negatively ranting about Dr. David Cloud.  I would like to know his story, as well.

There are mixed sentiments on this forum about Cloud. I am an avid supporter of Cloud, but my advice on that subject in this forum is to leave it alone :) It's been hashed over ad nauseum,

• Members

I do not mean this as a criticism against anyone specifically, but when I read threads and posts about who supports who and who thinks who is a hypocrite I wonder if these people are being followed (or revered) a little too closely.  

• Members

I do not mean this as a criticism against anyone specifically, but when I read threads and posts about who supports who and who thinks who is a hypocrite I wonder if these people are being followed (or revered) a little too closely.  

If this is in regards to David Cloud, Arbo?   I don't revere the man.  I am simply saying that he doesn't believe in Lordship Salvation, nor does he promote it.  That's all...

• Members

Hello!  Just thought I would drop in and introduce myself here.  I joined Online Baptist a few years ago, but have not been active for a couple of years.  I just re-joined recently.  

God bless you all and have a blessed 2014!  And for the readers in the United States, I hope you are all staying warm up in those northern States!  

• Members

I didn't say I worshiped Cloud, just said I am an avid supporter which is perfectly in line with Paul's sentiment to mark well behaved believers as examples. Philippians 3:17. I support any person as closely as they follow Christ, and even then, I am diligent enough to compare everything (and I mean LITERALLY everything) they say with Scripture (and by Scripture I mean the King James Bible, something that supporters of White can't say).

And, if you have been here long enough, in virtually anything I write, you will rarely ever see me use or rely on a commentary to support any of my views. If a commentator has something good to say, I may incorporate it into an article, but if I am convinced of what a Biblical passage says, I need no other arguments.

• Members

If this is in regards to David Cloud, Arbo?   I don't revere the man.  I am simply saying that he doesn't believe in Lordship Salvation, nor does he promote it.  That's all...

It was meant as a general observation and aimed at nobody specifically.  Do not take offense.  

Archived