• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

candlelight

Would All New People On Ob Please Introduce...

yourselves, and tell us a little bit about yourself?  It will help me, and others, know where you are coming from.  Thanks in advance.

Howdy y'all, my name is Josh Owens and my family and I live in Beaver Dam, KY, no matter what my Profile says.  I'm not a newby, but I might as well be, because it's been a while since I've been really active up here!

Howdy y'all, my name is Josh Owens and my family and I live in Beaver Dam, KY, no matter what my Profile says.  I'm not a newby, but I might as well be, because it's been a while since I've been really active up here!

Hi OFIB Preacher.  :wave:   Welcome back to OB.  I came a few months ago, myself. 

Edited by candlelight

I am originally from the Chicago area, then moved to "the south" for a few years where I found my first IFB church. I now live in NE Ohio. My former OB name was CubFan. You helped me somewhat during my quest to move to NE Ohio. When I'm working I'm listening to classical music or messages by Bro. Folger.

Edited by 1John2:15-17

I am originally from the Chicago area, then moved to "the south" for a few years where I found my first IFB church. I now live in NE Ohio. My former OB name was CubFan.

Hi CubFan.  :wave:   I saw you a couple of weeks, ago, on OB.  Good to "see" you again. 

Hi OFIB Preacher.  :wave:   Welcome back to OB.  I came a few months ago, myself. 

Well, what ya know 'bout that, my Profile's got it correct after all!  Oh and by the way Candlelight, my wife was born in OH.  We can't help where we were born though.

Well, what ya know 'bout that, my Profile's got it correct after all!  Oh and by the way Candlelight, my wife was born in OH.  We can't help where we were born though.

;) OFIB Preacher.  Yeah, I know.  No one can help where they are born.  ;)  Although, didn't you know how great Cleveland, OH is?

Yeah, I only "see" you now and then.  Are you still going to CBC?

Chippewa Lake Baptist. More and more involved there so not leaving for Cleveland, thus I can listen to Bro Folger online or MP3. One can never listen to too much good, solid preaching.

Chippewa Lake Baptist. More and more involved there so not leaving for Cleveland, thus I can listen to Bro Folger online or MP3. One can never listen to too much good, solid preaching.

Oh, Chippewa Lake is a great church.  Bro. Folger is awesome at CBC!

Oh, Chippewa Lake is a great church. Bro. Folger is awesome at CBC!

When we first moved here we were renting a condo about 5 minutes from Chippewa Lake (but that was not the reason we went there, but it was very convenient). Been to Cleveland Baptist a couple of times, met Bro Folger at a Men's Conference down in Mansfield. Love his preaching. Where we live now is right in between CBC and CLBC, but been going to CLBC for 2 years and continue to get more involved. Many friendships there, and much smaller than CBC. Edited by 1John2:15-17

When we first moved here we were renting a condo about 5 minutes from Chippewa Lake (but that was not the reason we went there, but it was very convenient). Been to Cleveland Baptist a couple of times, met Bro Folger at a Men's Conference down in Mansfield. Love his preaching. Where we live now is right in between CBC and CLBC, but been going to CLBC for 2 years and continue to get more involved. Many friendships there, and much smaller than CBC.

That's the thing with CBC.  Great preaching, but it is so big.  I always feel like I am swamped by so many people in that church.  I love my small church.  ;)

I've been here for a while, but I do want to introduce someone who didn't bother to put his information on his profile:

John B. Carpenter, Pastor of Covenant Reformed (Calvinist) Baptist Church in Providence, NC. Avid supporter of James White, anti-King James Bible who joined this forum for the express purpose of responding to my articles on James White and Ergun Caner.

I've been here for a while, but I do want to introduce someone who didn't bother to put his information on his profile:

John B. Carpenter, Pastor of Covenant Reformed (Calvinist) Baptist Church in Providence, NC. Avid supporter of James White, anti-King James Bible who joined this forum for the express purpose of responding to my articles on James White and Ergun Caner.

I noticed that he referenced White's name an awful lot...seemed like it bordered on having an agenda.

I noticed that he referenced White's name an awful lot...seemed like it bordered on having an agenda.

Likely from seeing one of my tweets to JD Hall or James White, came to my website to respond (which he posted the same article to my site) and then seen my link to Online Baptist and decided to come here and post it. I have no problem with the content about Ergun Caner because I agree with it, and have so posted such in one article on our website. But just as I had a problem with Jack Schaap, I haven't rant and raved about it for 4 years. Some Baptists still do occasionally, but not like this. It is clear that the Calvinists are using it to their advantage to persuade the remaining Non Calvinists in the Southern Baptist Convention to capitulate. Why any Reformed churches would care less about what goes on a Non Calvinist and frankly ANTI Calvinist college is obvious. 

It's OK to have an agenda, I certainly do, but for God's sake be honest about it, and don't use ad baculum as your methodology.

Oh , and just in case there are any newcomers confused about my agenda in getting involved:

1. Caner makes everyone look bad, so there's is at least somewhat of a legitimate complaint there. Problem is the Calvinists are taking advantage of it and using it as a double-edged sword to vilify Non Calvinists, which leads to....

2. Stop these ego driven hypocrites from spreading their anti-King James Bible and their God is the author of sin doctrines which includes not only the debates I have with them directly about Calvinism, but in also showing how hypocritical, manipulative, and vicious they can be in attacking a brother in error. JD Hall of Reformation Montana even went so far as to call Caner an unbeliever and unregenerated as well as one of Caner's supporters, Pastor Timothy Rogers. Ironically, Hall hasn't mustered up the nerve to declare that Norman Geisler isn't saved because he knows that even though Geisler is opposed to Calvinism, he is still respected as an apologist among Calvinists and Non Calvinists alike. Since Geisler has supported Caner, if Hall were consistent in his accusations, then he should just go out on his broken limb and call Norman Geisler, John Ankenberg, EE Towns all unregenerate children of the devil. Not one single Calvinist on White's or Hall's side has asked Hall to repent of HIS actions.

3. Frankly, as an independent Baptist, I could care less what goes on in the SCB or Reformed churches, but only to the extent that it effects Bible believing soul winners when their prospective potential converts use the actions of other Christians against us which is why I'm calling out BOTH sides of the Caner issue. Caner for setting a bad example, and the anti-Canerites for maintaining their "right" to punch Christians in the face for not doing it there way.

That was my reason for opening up this thread, Dr. Ach.

Besides, there is another poster, who is negatively ranting about Dr. David Cloud.  I would like to know his story, as well.

There are mixed sentiments on this forum about Cloud. I am an avid supporter of Cloud, but my advice on that subject in this forum is to leave it alone :) It's been hashed over ad nauseum,