• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Ads On Chrome

Invicta

• Members

Since yeaterday morning I have been getting noisy adverts when I run Chrome.  The pop up in the bottom right hand corner suddenly.  Does anyone know how I can get rid of them?

On the subject of Ads, I get a lot more ads on online baptist since Christmas as well as an adchoices bar at the top

• Members

I tried downloading AdBlock for Chrome and got the message from my computer that it was malicious softwar

e.  Downloaded  DoNotTrackMe but the ads still come.  They are now appearing on IE.

• Members

Downloaded  DoNotTrackMe but the ads still come.  They are now appearing on IE.

That's strange, because DNTM works so well for me. I don't see any ads whatsoever, but I do see the ads on my computer at work, so I know what you're talking about.

I wonder...

1. Can you see the DNTM icon?
  2. If you can see it, is it showing a small green box with a number inside of it? Mine is showing a 2 in the green box at the moment.

If there isn't a green box with a number, then DNTM isn't turned on, and that's why you're still seeing ads.

• Members

I tried downloading AdBlock for Chrome and got the message from my computer that it was malicious softwar

e.  Downloaded  DoNotTrackMe but the ads still come.  They are now appearing on IE.

Invicta,

I may have given you the link to the App instead of the Extension.  I've never used the App, so that might be something a little different and why it wasn't working.  I added the DNTM extension here at work, and it took the ads away.  Here's a new link to the DNTM extension...sorry about that.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search-extensions/donottrackme?hl=en-US

Archived