• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

For Ukulelemike...

Standing Firm In Christ

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Thanks-this is actually the shorter version of this. Very good animation for an amateur animator. Also poorly edited to show Superman slapping Hulk around, who seems unable to do anything. In the original, Hulk gets in plenty of hits, as well.

By the way, they are currently working on a Superman vs Batman movie, as a precursor to a Justice League movie, trying to keep up with Marvel comics and their success with the Avengers movie/s

• Moderators

A few weeks ago I overheard some guys talking about superheroes, comics, and these sorts of movies and when I looked to see who it was, there were four guys, all over 40, really animated and excited about all this.

As a guy over 40 who still kind of likes some of the comics, I can explain. Simply, there has been no ability by the studios to bring these characters we grew up reading, to life as they can now. Its fun to see our favorite characters from when we were young, come to life on the screen. who'da thought we'd have a realistic Hulk-I mean, Lou Ferrigno did a great job, but really, he was a guy in green paint. Or Captain America, Spiderman-special effects are at a point where we get to see these characters really seem real. It touches that kid part that we never fully lost.

Now, I don't go overboard. I don't even see the movies at the theater, but wait till they are on DVD. And I don't go right out for them-haven't seen the new Superman yet, and didn't like the latest Batman series except the first one. But, well, its like a kid's dream come true. Yes, they are silly and camn be a waste of time. But they are a bit of fun.

• Members

I wasn't taking a jab at those who have a taste for this, I just found it amusing how excited these guys were and this thread gave me an opportunity to share that.

I'm waiting for them to make some real superhero movies, like Space Ghost, or The Herculoids! :eye: :eye:

Come to think of it, I'm surprised they haven't made a Jonny Quest movie.

• Members

I'm a big kid. Maybe that's why the kids on my bus like me so much. I'm not married nor have kids so I have that luxury.  I'm excited about the new Godzilla movie coming out. I know when to be serious and when to have a little fun in fantasyland. 

Let the chiding begin.

• Members

I wasn't taking a jab at those who have a taste for this, I just found it amusing how excited these guys were and this thread gave me an opportunity to share that.

I'm waiting for them to make some real superhero movies, like Space Ghost, or The Herculoids! :eye: :eye:

Come to think of it, I'm surprised they haven't made a Jonny Quest movie.

Yeah, you shouldn't take jabs. Especially when you have Yosemite Sam as your avatar. ;)

Archived