• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Time For Another Hangout

Pastor Matt

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

I

Is this an actual physical hangout or do you mean on here. Either way you cannot go wrong with talking about who God is. The creator of everything precious that we strive so hard to attain didn't die for gold. He paved his streets with it. He died for you and for me. That makes human beings the absolute most treasured thing in the universe. We're bought with a price.....let's talk about the cost and the purchaser.

Like Salyan mentioned, they are video hangouts that we can have up to 9 involved. The nice part about it is that it is also broadcast live for anyone to watch.

• Members

Do you have gmail? And a computer camera? If so, it'll work for you.

I have gmail but no camera plus my computer is veeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyy slow. maybe I can watch like SFIC or BroMatt is talking about.

• Members

John 2 - Jesus drove the moneychangers out of the Temple with a scourge

Matthew 23 - Jesus rebukes the scribes and Pharisees seven times

Jesus not only showed Mercy and Grace in His Earthly ministry,, but also Judgment.

Jesus clearly had standards.  He identified sin as sin.  He didn't candy-coat it.

• Members

John 2 - Jesus drove the moneychangers out of the Temple with a scourge

Matthew 23 - Jesus rebukes the scribes and Pharisees seven times
Jesus not only showed Mercy and Grace in His Earthly ministry,, but also Judgment.

Who did Jesus judge, people that were drawn to Him? Or the "religious" sect more concerned with appearances and keeping the Law?

• Moderators

Here's a suggested topic:
What was Jesus more concerned with, mercy and grace, or, standards and never compromising?

How about both?

Why do people (this is a general rant, not directed just at you. :)) always seem to want to put God into one or another box? They insist that he either loves or He judges. He either displayed mercy or He condemned sin. Why can't they see that He does both?

"Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty..." Ex. 34:7a

He is the same yesterday, today and forever.

• Members

How about both?
Why do people (this is a general rant, not directed just at you. :)) always seem to want to put God into one or another box? They insist that he either loves or He judges. He either displayed mercy or He condemned sin. Why can't they see that He does both?
"Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty..." Ex. 34:7a
He is the same yesterday, today and forever.

You are right, it seems to me some people are more concerned with God's judgement rather than seeing grace administered, which was shown to them;

36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38 This is the first and great commandment.

39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Archived