• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Time For Another Hangout

Pastor Matt

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think I misunderstood this thread.  I don't do Skype nor do any of the sophisticated applications with technology.

A hangout would be great, but I don't have the technology at my fingertips to do something like this.

Yeah, I think sticking to a light topic would be great. 

I ran out of "likes" for the day, but :nuts: BroK and Arbo.

• Members

You seem to run out quite often. :nuts:

Good to see you are not gone after all.

I do, Arbo.  I really like the "like' button.  LOL

Thanks!  SFIC's wife LindaR suggested the block button.  BroMatt told me how to set it up.  It is a beautiful thing.  :)

• Members

Here's a suggested topic:
What was Jesus more concerned with, mercy and grace, or, standards and never compromising?

John 2 - Jesus drove the moneychangers out of the Temple with a scourge

Matthew 23 - Jesus rebukes the scribes and Pharisees seven times

Jesus not only showed Mercy and Grace in His Earthly ministry,, but also Judgment.

Jesus clearly had standards.  He identified sin as sin.  He didn't candy-coat it.

How about? John Chapter 8:1-11

John 8:1-11

1Jesus went unto the mount of Olives.

2And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them.

3And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,

4They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.

5Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?

6This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.

7So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

8And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.

9And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.

10When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?

11She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

Archived