• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Great Controversy - The Battle Over Your Worship, Who Do You Worship?

AWHN

• Members

The Seventh-day Adventist should never have married outside of the faith, as it is not in God's will {may be demonstrated from Scripture upon request}, and it causes very serious problems, and a drawing away from the faith.

Dear sister, I have studied the Scripture amd my prayer is unto God and it was He Himself who delivered me from where and what I was, and has led me step by step.

I thank you for the offer, but I must stay with Scripture, rather than a doctrine of the IFB.  You are free to ask any questions of me, if you desire to hear firsthand what a Seventh-day Adventist believes.

AWHN, I know full well what the SDA believes.  My cousin's husband grew up SDA and hated it.  The doctrine of the IFB is Biblical doctrine, according to the King James Version of the Bible, which was given to the English speaking people's of the world.  I am speaking pure Bible not man made traditions that you find in religions of the SDA, which you are one.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't need to - it is plain in what is said - they met on the first day in a preoganised meeting and Paul preached.

It really is quite simple - the SDA from my understanding would condemn them for such a meeting.

You have a misunderstanding about the Seventh-day Adventist position.  See Acts 2:46.

• Members

Yet, you do with your false doctrine of "sinless perfection", SFIC.

Have you forgotten IFB 101 on Eternal Security of the believer?  Pure Word of God. 

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life." ~ John 5:24

"My sheep hear my voice, and I hear them, and they follow me:  28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any any man pluck them out of my hand." ~ John 10:27-28

"Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect?  It is God that justifieth.  34 Who is he that condemeth?  It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.  35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?  shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword (war). 36  AS IT IS WRITTEN, FOR THY SAKE WE ARE KILLED ALL THE DAY LONG; WE ARE ACCOUNTED AS SHEEP FOR THE SLAUGHTER.  37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.  38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, not life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come.  39 Nor height, nor death, nor any other creature shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." ~ Romans 8:33-39

"And if by grace, then it is no more works otherwise grace is no more grace, But if it be of works then is it no more grace:  Otherwise work is no more work." ~ Romans 11:6

"In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation:  in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed (confirmed) with that holy Spirit of promise." ~ Ephesians 1:13

"And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption." ~ Ephesians 4:30

"For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves:  it is the gift of God:  Not of works, lest any man should boast (that no man should glory.)" ~ Ephesians 2:8-9

Not to mention the whole Book of Hebrews talks about faith not works when it is talking about the Hebrews from the O.T. that got saved. 

Stop bearing false witness Candlelight.

Proverbs 18:13 He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him.

• Members

Sure, one example of many, John 14:15, then see Exodus 20:6. What specific commandments are being referred to?

Funny, I don't see that NT verse mention the Sabbath.
Nor does it specifically mention the Ten Commandments.
You do realise that the Commandments include a lot more than just the Ten don't you?
Do you keep ALL of the commandments and laws included in the Book of Leviticus for instance?
Do you make the many different blood sacrifices? Do you make the meal offerings at the appropriate times?

You can not make John 14:apply to ONLY the ten......

• Members

I don't need to - it is plain in what is said - they met on the first day in a preoganised meeting and Paul preached.

It really is quite simple - the SDA from my understanding would condemn them for such a meeting.

Acts 2:46, Christians [even as the Jews did] may meet any day of the week {and I do, even with others, at church and in homes, and other settings}, and numerous other texts.  That is not in contradiction to Exodus 20:8-11.  What is in violation of Exodus 20:8-11 is the tossing away, changing, altering, &c of the commandment to do as God commands therein in regards to the 7th Day, His Sabbath, even as it is called the Sabbath of the Lord thy God.

• Members

Stop bearing false witness Candlelight.

Proverbs 18:13 He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him.

Would you please both mind ceasing from tearing each other, and either remove from this thread and take it eslewhere privately if you desire, or better to please cease?  Please again consider the OP.

• Members

Funny, I don't see that NT verse mention the Sabbath.
Nor does it specifically mention the Ten Commandments.
You do realise that the Commandments include a lot more than just the Ten don't you?
Do you keep ALL of the commandments and laws included in the Book of Leviticus for instance?
Do you make the many different blood sacrifices? Do you make the meal offerings at the appropriate times?

You can not make John 14:apply to ONLY the ten......

It was not an attempt to say that John 14:15 "only" applied to the Ten, as it applies to "all" of God's commandments, the Ten Commandments encompassing them, as they are spiritual.

• Members

Acts 2:46, Christians [even as the Jews did] may meet any day of the week {and I do, even with others, at church and in homes, and other settings}, and numerous other texts.  That is not in contradiction to Exodus 20:8-11.  What is in violation of Exodus 20:8-11 is the tossing away, changing, altering, &c of the commandment to do as God commands therein in regards to the 7th Day, His Sabbath, even as it is called the Sabbath of the Lord thy God.

Why was the Sabbath given?

• Members

So then - answer plainly - if a church does not meet on Saturday, are they a true church?
Are they condemned by God for not meeting on Saturday?
Is meeting regularly on Sunday the Mark of the beast as Ellen White is quoted as saying above?

And please - these are straightforward questions that require a yes or no answer.
Explain further if you wish AFTER answering yes or no to each.

• Members

Why was the Sabbath given?

That is a very good question, and as the Sabbath is coming, I am retiring from the forums for then, and I hope to come back and speak with you all even more.

Truth of the Lord Jesus Christ be with you.

• Members

Would you please both mind ceasing from tearing each other, and either remove from this thread and take it eslewhere privately if you desire, or better to please cease?  Please again consider the OP.

You really have no authority to tell me to remove myself from this thread or any thread on this board.

• Members

I do not teach sinless perfection, candlelight. Stop falsely accusing. 

You certainly do, when you tell people that if a person has a sip of alcohol, they are condemned to hell.  That is works, SFIC.  You are adding additional requirements to salvation.  When Christ said, "It Is Finished" on the Cross of Calvary... that is grace.  Grace is unmerited favor.  We don't deserve grace.  We come to Christ by faith and faith alone.  Although, we are saved, we are saved sinners.  You talk of "sinless perfection" in many of your posts.  It is wrong.  The Bible proves your inconsistencies in some of your posts on Online Baptist.  Particularly your posts on alcohol. 

I repeat... What about Proverbs 31:6-7?

"Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, and wine unto those that be of heavy hearts." ~ Proverbs 31:6

"Let him drink, and forget his poverty, and remember his misery no more." ~ Proverbs 31:7

Are these Christians in hell, b/c you have added works to what Jesus Christ finished on the Cross of Calvary?  You add works when you talk about people being in hell, b/c you say that "one sip" can cause a person to get drunk.  Which, by the way, I am inclined to agree with you on that.  I have taken many courses on chemical dependency and what alcohol and drugs do to the brain.  However, these saved Christians are not in hell.  That is adding works to salvation which is a damnable heresy.

Archived