• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Great Controversy - The Battle Over Your Worship, Who Do You Worship?

AWHN

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Agree. 

I'm surprised and a little disappointed that these types are allowed to promote their religion on this site.

Hi brother,

I am always willing to open my KJV Bible with any to study on any topic, but please let us do so in another thread.  May we return to the OP?  Have you considered the questions therein?

I am most thankful that there are those that allow a voice as mine to raise questions from the Scriptures.

• Members

Act 20:7 And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight.

The disciples met at an organised preaching meeting on the first day of the week.
The normal SDA teaching of ONLY saturday worship would cast the Apostles and bible disciples far from them.......

• Members

Ellen White Review and Herald, July 13, 1897 wrote: “WHEN YOU OBEY THE DECREE THAT COMMANDS YOU TO CEASE FROM LABOR ON SUNDAY AND WORSHIP GOD, . . . YOU CONSENT TO RECEIVE THE MARK OF THE BEAST.

Ceasing from work and worshiping God on Sunday after the Sunday law was enacted WAS THE MAIN PROBLEM, and WAS THE MARK OF THE BEAST according to Adventist thinking during the entire 19th century according to the Adventist Pioneers and by Ellen White herself.

Just so we are clear about Ellen White’s interpretation we need to look at some other things that were written during this period of Adventist history.

Uriah Smith, The Marvel of Nations, pp. 170, 183. wrote: “Sunday-keeping must be the mark of the beast.” … “The reception of his mark must be something that involves the greatest offense that can be committed against God.”

Advent Review, Vol. I, No. 2, August, 1850 . wrote: “The Sunday Sabbath is purely a child of the Papacy. It is the mark of the beast.

Ellen White, Great Controversy, p. 281. wrote: “The change of the Sabbath is the sign or mark of the authority of the Romish church.” … “The keeping of the counterfeit Sabbath is the reception of the mark.”

Ellen White, Testimonies, vol. 8, p. 117. wrote: “The sign, or seal, of God is revealed in the observance of the seventh-day Sabbath, the Lord’s memorial of creation. . . . The mark of the beast is the opposite of this–the observance of the first day of the week.”

Ellen White, Evangelism, p. 234. wrote: “The mark of the beast is the papal sabbath.”

Ellen White, Letter 31, 1898. wrote: “What Is the Mark of the Beast?–John was called to behold a people distinct from those who worship the beast and his image by keeping the first day of the week. The observance of this day is the mark of the beast.”

Ellen White, Seventh-day Adventist Bible Commentary, vol. 7, p. 980. wrote: “When the test comes, it will be clearly shown what the mark of the beast is. It is the keeping of Sunday.”

- See more at: http://loudcry.org/sda/archives/393#sthash.unBGgT0I.dpuf

• Members

Yes they do.  I'll find the source.  I also had a confrontation with a couple of SDAs about 10 years ago and that's what they said and also told me I would be going to hell for worshipping on Sunday.

[link removed]

Do you realize brother/sister LindaR, that that website is in error on many points, including the one about Michael?  They start out by quoting Canright, not a very wise thing to do.

• Members

One cannot mix the Law and Grace, which the SDA attempt to do. 

And, of course, they judge the saved to be lost because the saved worship on Sunday (which the SDA sees as "the Mark of the Beast."
The SDA is a cult.

Yet, you do with your false doctrine of "sinless perfection", SFIC.

Have you forgotten IFB 101 on Eternal Security of the believer?  Pure Word of God. 

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life." ~ John 5:24

"My sheep hear my voice, and I hear them, and they follow me:  28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any any man pluck them out of my hand." ~ John 10:27-28

"Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect?  It is God that justifieth.  34 Who is he that condemeth?  It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.  35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?  shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword (war). 36  AS IT IS WRITTEN, FOR THY SAKE WE ARE KILLED ALL THE DAY LONG; WE ARE ACCOUNTED AS SHEEP FOR THE SLAUGHTER.  37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.  38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, not life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come.  39 Nor height, nor death, nor any other creature shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." ~ Romans 8:33-39

"And if by grace, then it is no more works otherwise grace is no more grace, But if it be of works then is it no more grace:  Otherwise work is no more work." ~ Romans 11:6

"In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation:  in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed (confirmed) with that holy Spirit of promise." ~ Ephesians 1:13

"And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption." ~ Ephesians 4:30

"For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves:  it is the gift of God:  Not of works, lest any man should boast (that no man should glory.)" ~ Ephesians 2:8-9

Not to mention the whole Book of Hebrews talks about faith not works when it is talking about the Hebrews from the O.T. that got saved. 

• Members

Act 20:7 And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight.

The disciples met at an organised preaching meeting on the first day of the week.
The normal SDA teaching of ONLY saturday worship would cast the Apostles and bible disciples far from them.......

Can you read the greek of that text to me?  or the English context?

• Members

Could you show a New Testament passage that commands the Sabbath to be upheld please?

Sure, one example of many, John 14:15, then see Exodus 20:6.  What specific commandments are being referred to?

• Members

Yet, you do with your false doctrine of "sinless perfection", SFIC.

Have you forgotten IFB 101 on Eternal Security of the believer?  Pure Word of God. 

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life." ~ John 5:24

"My sheep hear my voice, and I hear them, and they follow me:  28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any any man pluck them out of my hand." ~ John 10:27-28

"Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect?  It is God that justifieth.  34 Who is he that condemeth?  It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.  35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?  shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword (war). 36  AS IT IS WRITTEN, FOR THY SAKE WE ARE KILLED ALL THE DAY LONG; WE ARE ACCOUNTED AS SHEEP FOR THE SLAUGHTER.  37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.  38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, not life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come.  39 Nor height, nor death, nor any other creature shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." ~ Romans 8:33-39

"And if by grace, then it is no more works otherwise grace is no more grace, But if it be of works then is it no more grace:  Otherwise work is now more work." ~ Romans 11:6

"In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation:  in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed (confirmed) with that holy Spirit of promise." ~ Ephesians 1:13

"And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption." ~ Ephesians 4:30

"For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves:  it is the gift of God:  Not of works, lest any man should boast (that no man should glory.)" ~ Ephesians 2:8-9

Not to mention the whole Book of Hebrews talks about faith not works when it is talking about the Hebrews from the O.T. that got saved. 

I do not teach sinless perfection, candlelight. Stop falsely accusing. 

• Members

Can you read the greek of that text to me? or the English context?

I don't need to - it is plain in what is said - they met on the first day in a preoganised meeting and Paul preached.

It really is quite simple - the SDA from my understanding would condemn them for such a meeting.

• Members

Ellen White Review and Herald, July 13, 1897 wrote: “WHEN YOU OBEY THE DECREE THAT COMMANDS YOU TO CEASE FROM LABOR ON SUNDAY AND WORSHIP GOD, . . . YOU CONSENT TO RECEIVE THE MARK OF THE BEAST.

Ceasing from work and worshiping God on Sunday after the Sunday law was enacted WAS THE MAIN PROBLEM, and WAS THE MARK OF THE BEAST according to Adventist thinking during the entire 19th century according to the Adventist Pioneers and by Ellen White herself.

Just so we are clear about Ellen White’s interpretation we need to look at some other things that were written during this period of Adventist history.

Uriah Smith, The Marvel of Nations, pp. 170, 183. wrote: “Sunday-keeping must be the mark of the beast.” … “The reception of his mark must be something that involves the greatest offense that can be committed against God.”

Advent Review, Vol. I, No. 2, August, 1850 . wrote: “The Sunday Sabbath is purely a child of the Papacy. It is the mark of the beast.

Ellen White, Great Controversy, p. 281. wrote: “The change of the Sabbath is the sign or mark of the authority of the Romish church.” … “The keeping of the counterfeit Sabbath is the reception of the mark.”

Ellen White, Testimonies, vol. 8, p. 117. wrote: “The sign, or seal, of God is revealed in the observance of the seventh-day Sabbath, the Lord’s memorial of creation. . . . The mark of the beast is the opposite of this–the observance of the first day of the week.”

Ellen White, Evangelism, p. 234. wrote: “The mark of the beast is the papal sabbath.”

Ellen White, Letter 31, 1898. wrote: “What Is the Mark of the Beast?–John was called to behold a people distinct from those who worship the beast and his image by keeping the first day of the week. The observance of this day is the mark of the beast.”

Ellen White, Seventh-day Adventist Bible Commentary, vol. 7, p. 980. wrote: “When the test comes, it will be clearly shown what the mark of the beast is. It is the keeping of Sunday.”

- See more at: http://loudcry.org/sda/archives/393#sthash.unBGgT0I.dpuf

Brother,

Do you notice the words "decree" and "when the test comes"?

Archived