• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Great Controversy - The Battle Over Your Worship, Who Do You Worship?

AWHN

• Members

Is God's Law, His Ten Commandments, Holy, Just and Good?

Are they Eternal, standing fast, even for ever and ever, done in Truth and Uprightness?

Are we, as faithful followers of Christ Jesus, even as children of God, born again by the Holy Spirit, to obey His Comamndments?

Did Christ Jesus fulfill the text of Isaiah 42:21, in that it was prophesied that "...for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable."?

Is it written of God, that "...at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus."?

Can God be both Just in Upholding His Law and the Justifier of the Transgressor of His Law, and so can He be the One who is "Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty ..."?

How did He do it?

The Great Controversy:

http://www.connectingwithjesus.org/media/GC.pdf

The TEN COMMANDMENTS codified in Two Tables Of Sapphire Stone at Mt. Sinai:

[01] I [am] the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. [Exodus 20:2] Thou shalt have no other gods before me. [Exodus 20:3]

[02]  Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness [of any  thing] that [is] in heaven above, or that [is] in the earth beneath, or  that [is] in the water under the earth: [Exodus 20:4]  Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD  thy God [am] a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon  the children unto the third and fourth [generation] of them that hate  me; [Exodus 20:5] And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments. [Exodus 20:6]

[03]  Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD  will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain. [Exodus 20:7]

[04] Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. [Exodus 20:8] Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: [Exodus 20:9]  But the se

venth day [is] the sabbath of the LORD thy God: [in it] thou  shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy  manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that  [is] within thy gates: [Exodus 20:10] For  [in] six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in  them [is], and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the  sabbath day, and hallowed it. [Exodus 20:11]

[05] Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee. [Exodus 20:12]

[06] Thou shalt not kill. [Exodus 20:13]

[07] Thou shalt not commit adultery. [Exodus 20:14]

[08] Thou shalt not steal. [Exodus 20:15]

[09] Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour. [Exodus 20:16]

[10]  Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy  neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox,  nor his ass, nor any thing that [is] thy neighbour's. [Exodus 20:17]

THE MORAL CHARACTER OF GOD AND HIS LAW:

http://www.bible-sabbath.com/Sabbath-Sunday/CanPersecutionAriseInAmerica.pdf

[01.]
God is JUST - [Romans 3:26]
His law is JUST - [Romans 7:12]

[02.]
God is TRUE - [John 3:33]
His law is TRUE - [Nehemiah 9:13]

[03.]
God is PURE - [1 John 3:3]
His law is PURE - [Psalms 19:7,8]

[04.]
God is LIGHT - [1 John 1:5]
His law is LIGHT - [Proverbs 6:23]

[05.]
God is FAITHFUL - [1 Corinthians 1:9]
His law is FAITHFUL - [Psalms 119:86]

[06.]
God is GOOD - [Nahum 1:7]
His law is GOOD - [Romans 7:12,16]

[07.]
God is SPIRITUAL - [John 4:24]
His law is SPIRITUAL - [Romans 7:14]

[08.]
God is HOLY - [isaiah 6:3; 1 Peter 1:15]
His law is HOLY - [Exodus 20:8; Romans 7:12]

[09.]
God is TRUTH - [John 14:6]
His law is TRUTH - [Psalms 119:142,151]

[10.]
God is LIFE - [John 14:6]
His law is LIFE - [Matthew 19:17]

[11.]
God is RIGHTEOUSNESS - [Jeremiah 23:6]
His law is RIGHTEOUSNESS - [Psalms 119:172]

[12.]
God is PERFECT - [Matthew 5:48]
His law is PERFECT - [James 1:25]

[13.]
God is ETERNAL - [John 8:35]
His law is ETERNAL - [Psalms 111:7,8]

[14.]
God is PEACE - [isaiah 9:6]
His law is PEACE - [Psalms 119:165]

[15.]
God is THE WAY - [John 14:6]
His law is THE WAY - [Psalms 119:30-32]

[16.]
God is SURE - [2 Timothy 2:19]
His law is SURE - [Psalms 19:7, 111:7,8]

[17.]
God is UNCHANGING - [Malachi 3:6]
His law is UNCHANGING - [Psalms 111:7,8]

[18.]
God is SWEET - [Psalms 34:8]
His law is SWEET - [Psalms 19:10, 119:103]

[19.]
God is WISE - [Psalms 111:10]
His law is WISE - [Psalms 19:7]

[20.]
God is OUR MEDITATION - [Psalms 63:6]
His law is OUR MEDITATION - [Psalms 1:2]

[21.]
God is JUDGE - [Psalms 50:6]
His law is JUDGE - [James 2:12]

[22.]
God is ENLIGHTENMENT - [Psalms 18:27]
His law is ENLIGHTENMENT - [Psalms 19:8]

[23.]
God is LOVE - [1 John 4:7,8]
His law is LOVE - [Romans 13:8-10]

[24.]
God is CLEAN - [Psalms 19:9]
His law is CLEAN - [Ezekiel 22:26]

[25.]
God is BLESSED - [Psalms 28:6]
His law is BLESSED - [Exodus 20:11]

[26.]
God is DELIGHT - [Psalms 37:4]
His law is DELIGHT - [Psalms 1:2]

[27.]
God is WONDERFUL - [isaiah 9:6]
His law is WONDERFUL - [Psalms 119:18]

[28.]
God is LIBERTY - [isaiah 61:1]
His law is LIBERTY - [James 1:25; Psalms 119:45]

[29.]
God is COMFORT - [Psalms 23:4]
His law is COMFORT - [Psalms 119:50]

[30.]
God is OUR SONG - [Revelation 15:3]
His law is OUR SONG - [Psalms 119:54]

[31.]
God is MERCIFUL - [Exodus 34:5]
His law is MERCIFUL - [Psalms 119:58]

[32.]
God is KNOWLEDGE - [isaiah 11:2]
His law is KNOWLEDGE - [Psalms 119:66]

[33.]
God is HOPE - [Psalms 130:7]
His law is HOPE - [Psalms 119:74]

[34.]
God is LIFE - [Psalms 36:9]
His law is LIFE - [Proverbs 3:1,2]

[35.]
God is SOUND - [Proverbs 8:13,14]
His law is SOUND - [Psalms 119:80]

[36.]
God is UNDERSTANDING - [Psalms 147:5]
His law is UNDERSTANDING - [Psalms 119:99]

[37.]
God is HAPPINESS - [Psalms 146:5]
His law is HAPPINESS - [Proverbs 29:18]

[38.]
God is JOY - [Psalms 16:11]
His law is JOY - [Psalms 119:162]

What if we reject God's world-wide call to repent [Revelation 14:6-12]?  What if we reject coming back into harmony with His will [Psalms 40:8]?

Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? [Romans 6:16]

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

SDA Cultic trash.

Hi brother "Standing Firm in Christ",

Did you desire to talk about this subject, and have you considered the questions?  I have no animosity to you or anyone here, and all are free to speak what they will.  :)

I will gladly speak with you or all about any Biblical subject.  Just make a thread and invite me.

What do you think of the Seventh-day Baptists in regards to this subject?

• Members

Even though I knew what was coming, I went ahead and watched a little of each video.  Revelation 14:12 was used to prove that you have to keep the commandments of God and have faith to be saved (this isn't just a SDA doctrine by the way).

Let's see what Revelation 14:12 says...

Revelation 14:12
Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

patience - means "endurance"...it says nothing about salvation.  This verse is saying that only those who don't receive the mark of the beast will have the endurance to do so.  So who are "those" who won't take the mark?

Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

There are two specific groups of people referred to as saints in the Bible...this is very important for the remainder of the verse too.  The first group of people referred to as saints in the Bible are...

Psalms 148:14
He also exalteth the horn of his people, the praise of all his saints; even of the children of Israel, a people near unto him. Praise ye the LORD.

...the children of Israel.

The second group of people referred to as saints are...

1 Corinthians 1:2
Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:

...those who have put their faith in Jesus Christ for salvation.

There is one group of saints...the devout Jews.  

One thing that I noticed in one of the videos...when they were showing Revelation 14:12, they kept leaving the comma out of the verse that comes right after God.  By doing so, they are joining two clauses and making it one clause.  That comma is there for a reason...it's separating the two groups of people...

There is the other group of saints...those who have put their faith in Jesus.

So, Revelation 14:12 is telling us that there are two specific groups of people who will be able to endure not taking the mark of the beast. They are the saints of God...devout Jews and those who have put their faith in Jesus Christ.

• Members

Oh, you are such a kind hearted Christian, SFIC.  :thumbdown:

It is an early reaction, and I understand, and hold no unforgiveness toward my brother, and desire even he to participate if he will still do so.

Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing. 1 Peter 3:9

I have received much worse, from many, within Christianity, and non, and even death threats/sentences, but as it is written:

But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets: Acts 24:14

I have not always been Seventh-day Adventist, but perhaps we may discuss that in another place, another time?  Have any considered the questions presented already?  Let us remain, if possible, upon the topic.

• Members

I call it as it is. 

Brother, how do you feel toward the Seventh-day Baptist brethren?  or others that see the 4th Commandment and desire to obey God?  They see that the Law of God, the Ten Commandments, are Holy, Just and Good, and desire to obey God, even in Christ Jesus.

Or is there another reason, why you feel the way you do about the Seventh-day Adventist, and if you do, would you mind please beginning another thread to speak about it, as I do not mind studying together in the Bible.  Though I have not much time today, as the Sabbath of the Lord thy God approaches, and I usually retire from the Forums before then.

• Members

It is an early reaction, and I understand, and hold no unforgiveness toward my brother, and desire even he to participate if he will still do so.

Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing. 1 Peter 3:9

I have received much worse, from many, within Christianity, and non, and even death threats/sentences, but as it is written:

But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets: Acts 24:14

I have not always been Seventh-day Adventist, but perhaps we may discuss that in another place, another time?  Have any considered the questions presented already?  Let us remain, if possible, upon the topic.

One of my first cousins married an SDA.  They left the SDA for a Baptist church, later in their marriage, AWHN.  Their oldest son was a Baptist also, and married a Baptist woman.  Please study the doctrine of the IFB church.  You will like it.

• Members

Those who attempt the Law are cursed, AWHN

Galatians 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

The fact is, you cannot keep the Law no matter how much you try to, no matter how much you may claim you can.  I am sure there is more than one of the 613 Laws that you are guilty of. 

The Law was not made for the righteous, but for the unrighteous.  When you attempt to keep the Law, you identify yourself as "unrighteous."

1 Timothy 1:8-10 But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully; Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

The saved are not bound to the Law.  They are not to follow the Law.  For the saved to go to the house of the Law, they would be committing spiritual adultery. 

Romans 7:1-4 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth? For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband. So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man. Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

Why go to the house of the Law and commit spiritual adultery?

• Members

One cannot mix the Law and Grace, which the SDA attempt to do. 

And, of course, they judge the saved to be lost because the saved worship on Sunday (which the SDA sees as "the Mark of the Beast."
The SDA is a cult.

What shall we make of the following text?

What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. Romans 6:15

How shall we define what sin is?

Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. 1 John 3:4

What did Jesus say?

If ye love me, keep my commandments. John 14:15

Where else is this found?

And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments. Exodus 20:6

Did God give us commandment in regards to the 7th Day the Sabbath of the Lord thy God in Exodus 20:8-11?

Archived