• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Obamacare? Lots'a Luck!

ThePilgrim

• Members

Because you have a $5,500 deductible, and until you pay that $5,500 out of your pocket you get nothing from the so-called "insurance" except the monthly bill that automatically comes out of your checking account.

And if you don't have that $5,500 unless you're literally dying right here, right now the doctor or hospital will not see you -- until you prove you can pay him first.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2532869/They-no-idea-insurance-active-not-At-Virginia-hospitals-Obamacare-confusion-reigns-frustrated-patients-walk-out.html

God bless,

Larry

• Members

Some lessons on health insurance.  The deductible is determined by which plan you buy.  The more you pay each month the less the deductible.  The younger you are and the better health you are in, the poorer investment health insurace is.  The less income you have, the less you can afford to buy insurance, the larger the deductible, the less beneficial the insurance is to you.  Some will say, well life isn't fair . . . . well neither are insurance companies.  For that matter neither is the government.  If you want fair call on God.  That's enough for one rant. 

God bless,

Larry

• Members

'I had chest pains last night, and they took me in the emergency room,' Mary said. 'They told me they were going to admit me, but when I told them I hadn't heard from my insurance company since I signed up, they changed their tune.'

She told MailOnline that a nurse advised her that her bill would go up by at least $3,000 if she were admitted for a day, and her doctor told her the decision was up to her.

Wow, that was shocking. They let a woman with chest pains go home!!!

• Members

Deductibles are normal for insurance.  Deductibles in and of themselves are nothing new to Obamacare, although they are probably new to the people who thought Obamacare was going to be "free".

I think so far what has happened is that people have signed up right before Christmas, and they haven't received their cards yet.  Hopefully they will receive their cards soon.

We have lost our insurance that our church provided (because it wasn't under "Obamacare guidelines") and are ending up having to sign up under Obamacare.  So far they've lost our application twice, and my husband had to give it to them a third time.  Hopefully things will smooth out soon, but I do not have high hopes.  We shall see.

• Members

You got that right - if you have, say a 500/mo policy with a $5500 deductible, you will play $11500/yr for healthcare. I don't know about you, but so far I NEVER have that expense nearly as high. I haven't messed with Obamacare yet because I don't want to go to their site. Only Medicaid people are signed up for it where I live, they get the subsidy they think I'm going to pay for. Wrong. 

Archived