• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Way Of Life - Dressing Down To Go To Church: An Audience With The King Of Kings

RSS Robot

• Members

I love that you referenced the Tabernacle (law) when discussing approaching God and His church today (grace) it is an attitude of approach in one's heart.   Today we can still learn much from the OT.

Galatians 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

​Christ was the fulfillment of the law. We can praise God for that!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Galatians 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Yes the OT law shows us how bad we are and that we can never measure up, nobody can keep the law, But for the grace of God go I because He paid the penalty for the debt of my sins (past,present and future).  He loved me when I was ugly and buried in sin.  He loved you too.  

That focus makes living for Him an act of love and obedience for what HE has done.  That makes me want to give my best for Him.  The first of all He gives to me I want to give first back to Him.

• Members

Yes the OT law shows us how bad we are and that we can never measure up, nobody can keep the law, But for the grace of God go I because He paid the penalty for the debt of my sins (past,present and future).  He loved me when I was ugly and buried in sin.  He loved you too.  

That focus makes living for Him an act of love and obedience for what HE has done.  That makes me want to give my best for Him.  The first of all He gives to me I want to give first back to Him.

That is our " reasonable service" Paul is talking about in Romans!

• Moderators

That is our " reasonable service" Paul is talking about in Romans!

exactly-its reasonable we give our best in every way, spiritually, physically, emotionally...even in dress. The dress is not the end-all, be-all of Christianty-just one more things we can do well for the Lord as we give of our reasonable service-the living sacrifice of ourselves in every way.

• Members

Are you pointing out this you speak of is improper dress?  If so, then yes there is a more proper way to dress to attend church?  But what you have said is how people are dressing in the streets?  

No, what I am saying is fundamental Muslims cover up, They think America is the great Satan along with israel and are ready to kill us because they think we as a "Christian nation" represent lewdness and licentiousness- because our TV and movies and common culture dresses like whores. They think that is a representative of Christianity, which is why they think we are infidels. And when we have Christians dressing down and  worshiping the current culture, this isn't telling them that we are different. This gives them no reason to want to listen to a Christian. Especially an American one, and believe me, they are here in the US and they are watching. They have taken over some cities. Like they have taken over Paris and other parts of Europe. This is a religious battle, and we aren't fighting flesh and blood.

• Members

I believe this passage applies to the Jews under the Law of Moses. Grace (the love of God by the death of his Son) is what brings us to Christ.

Archived