• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Desktop Wallpaper

John81

• Members

Where do I find Desktop to click on?

Yes, this is Windows 7 unless it updated itself to 8 without me realizing it. It did update to IE 11 on its own and now I can't use the Quote button here or copy/paste on OB.

Your desktop is the main screen you see when your windows is first fully booted up.

• Members

Oh, well now, I really feel DUH!

I know where the Desktop is but I thought I was supposed to be looking for a Desktop button! Told you I'm at the simple-minded level when it comes to these new fangled contraptions.

Thank you!

• Members

an alternate method of getting where you need to go would be...

Click Start  (the round four-colored flag in lower left of your screen
Then choose Control Panel
Then choose Appearance and Personalization
Then  choose Personalization
Then choose Desktop Background on that window.

I like to call this way of getting there "the scenic route."

• Members

As to "where to get more wallpaper", you can get it pretty much anywhere. 

See a picture on the internet that you like?  Right click on it and choose "Save picture as" 

Choose a location you want it to be saved to, then open it in Microsoft's Paint program (found in Accessories)

Once the picture is opened, choose "File" and then "Set as Desktop Background"

• Members

You could choose Bing as your home page and it will give you a different wallpaper picture nearly every day.

To access desktop from most any window in win 7 click on the little grey square to the right of the date and time on the taskbar.  

• Members

You could choose Bing as your home page and it will give you a different wallpaper picture nearly every day.

To access desktop from most any window in win 7 click on the little grey square to the right of the date and time on the taskbar.  

I should have said Bing desktiop.

Archived