• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Welcome To The South Facts

OLD fashioned preacher

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

We also speak scripturally........

Rom 8:18

For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

Gen 22:5

And Abraham said unto his young men, Abide ye here with the ass; and I and the lad will go yonder and worship, and come again to you.

:biggrin:

• Moderators

I live in an odd area. We are in California, though the most conservative part, in the NE. Our town was built around an Army depot in WW2, and a lot of people came from the south to work here, so it has a somewhat southern flavor to it. On one side of the valley we have Skedaddle Mnt, the other side, Saddleback, (no, not the Rick Warren one). One ares of our town is called Oakie Flats. We often give directions areoun that area using the "Big Ugly Rock" as a major landmark, (we're mostly sand, so a big rock is rare. Its actually an old coral formation from when this entire valley was the northern tip of Lake Lahontan, an ancient inland sea, prOBably a remnant of the eaters receeding from the flood). While there was, in the old days, a large black community, and the whites and blacks worked together, ate together, kids played together, and they all fellowshipped together as equals, even before the civil rights movement.

Sadly, we have gone from a town of 5,000 to maybe 800 today, with the military leaving. The depot is still open but all civilians, like me, working there. We are a shadow of what we once were.

• Members

We also speak scripturally........

:thumb:

Acts 4:10
Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.

• Members

All I know is that there is no way Paul could have been from Texas.

Philippians 4:11 (KJV

11  Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.   

No Texan's is ever content to be in any other state.

• Members

It's too bad there was too much southern in Samson.  Case in point:  

Judges 14:17-18 (KJV)
17  And she wept before him the seven days, while their feast lasted: and it came to pass on the seventh day, that he told her, because she lay sore upon him: and she told the riddle to the children of her people.
18  And the men of the city said unto him on the seventh day before the sun went down, What is sweeter than honey? and what is stronger than a lion? And he said unto them, If ye had not plowed with my heifer, ye had not found out my riddle. 

A thus began the derogatory term for a woman as being called a "cow".  Bet you ladies didn't know that that was thousands of years old.   

• Moderators

All I know is that there is no way Paul could have been from Texas.

Philippians 4:11 (KJV

11  Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.   

No Texan's is ever content to be in any other state.

Just remember that if Alaska was divided in half, Texas would no longer be the 2nd largest state --- but the THIRD largest      :bleh:

• Moderators

It's too bad there was too much southern in Samson.  Case in point:  

Judges 14:17-18 (KJV)
17  And she wept before him the seven days, while their feast lasted: and it came to pass on the seventh day, that he told her, because she lay sore upon him: and she told the riddle to the children of her people.
18  And the men of the city said unto him on the seventh day before the sun went down, What is sweeter than honey? and what is stronger than a lion? And he said unto them, If ye had not plowed with my heifer, ye had not found out my riddle. 

A thus began the derogatory term for a woman as being called a "cow".  Bet you ladies didn't know that that was thousands of years old.   

Not so --- she's ain't a cow until she's calved.    Now, why didn't that make it better?????

• Members

Don't forget NASCAR was born in the south.

It used to stand for Non Atheletic Sport Centered Around Rednecks before Toyota entered in.

That's just wrong. I should get a whoopin' for that.

How many of you have ever been Snipe Hunting?

That's how I used to break up with girlfriends.....take 'em snipe huntin'.

Don't confuse them snipe with the state bird of NC.....the mosquito.

Smile...God loves you   :D

Archived