• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Why ?

• Members

Is all that melted Arctic ice (due to global warming (?)) falling on US as snow ? It's mild & wet here - floods.

It's more accurate to talk about "climate change."  Man's activities have produced massive changes in our planet - destruction of the ozone layer by fluorocarbons, a massive increase in the carbon dioxide in the atmosphere by burning fossil fuels, destruction of the rain forests, over fishing, intensive agriculture, use of pesticides .....

I'm hoping to play tennis tomorrow - outdoor, all-weather courts.

Minnesota USA was -56 degrees today.

When the one sign I see is Israel gathered I know the other signs are coming soon.

The Day of the Lord is very near when Israel gathers

Zephaniah 1:14-2:3

14 The great day of the LORD is near, it is near, and hasteth greatly, even the voice of the day of the LORD: the mighty man shall cry there bitterly.

15 That day is a day of wrath, a day of trouble and distress, a day of wasteness and desolation, a day of darkness and gloominess, a day of clouds and thick darkness,

16 A day of the trumpet and alarm against the fenced cities, and against the high towers.

17 And I will bring distress upon men, that they shall walk like blind men, because they have sinned against the LORD: and their blood shall be poured out as dust, and their flesh as the dung.

18 Neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them in the day of the LORD's wrath; but the whole land shall be devoured by the fire of his jealousy: for he shall make even a speedy riddance of all them that dwell in the land.

1 Gather yourselves together, yea, gather together, O nation not desired;

2 Before the decree bring forth, before the day pass as the chaff, before the fierce anger of the LORD come upon you, before the day of the LORD's anger come upon you.

3 Seek ye the LORD, all ye meek of the earth, which have wrought his judgment; seek righteousness, seek meekness: it may be ye shall be hid in the day of the LORD's anger.

Matthew 24:7-8

7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. 8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

Luke 21:

10 Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom:

11 And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.

Sings in the Heavens

I suggest that it would be wise to store some supplies for hard times.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why do you insist on rejecting "global warming" because of local weather? Think instead of "climate change."

The polar icecap is melting & falling on you as snow, & us as rain, while the Australians have good reason to believe in global warming.

• Members

Covenantar, why do you believe the liberal lies like climate change and that Israel is the big, bad cruel nation to the poor, innocent Palenstian people?

Don't believe the TV or radio, or what man says,  believe in the Bible, and the God of the Bible.

• Members

Climate change is a matter of cycles that naturally occur. There is nothing going on now that hasn't occurred before.

We also know from Scripture that man won't destroy the earth.

That may be true BUT climate changes have caused massive problems in the past, & are causing problems today. Species "adapt" by the weak dying & the strong surviving.

There are two very significant man-influenced changes - carbon dioxide has increased greatly, & the ozone yayer is greatly diminished.

Man has the power to make the earth almost uninhabitable.

Dare we rely on the "rainbow covenant?" I spoke on this to the children last Sunday. God has promised that seasons will continue, & the earth will not be destroyed by another flood. However, while the rainbow reminds of the covenant, it should also remind that the earth was destroyed by a flood because of man's sin & it continues by the grace of God. Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 

Our only safe "ark" is the Lord Jesus Christ - in him, & him alone we are secure.

BUT - "we" are stewards of God's creation, & we sin by exploiting it wastefully, & by ignoring the climate change warnings.

• Members

Wow! Now you're promoting evolution and to children. You're part of the problem, not the solution. Man does NOT have control over what happens to the planet, GOD does.

You're a Calvinist too aren't you? One bad doctrine just mudslides into a whole pool of lies and theories.

• Members

Wow! Now you're promoting evolution and to children. You're part of the problem, not the solution. Man does NOT have control over what happens to the planet, GOD does.

You're a Calvinist too aren't you? One bad doctrine just mudslides into a whole pool of lies and theories.

We do adapt to our environment - that is NOT evolution in the Darwinian sense.

• Members

Covenanter, why do you believe the liberal lies like climate change and that Israel is the big, bad cruel nation to the poor, innocent Palenstian people?

Don't believe the TV or radio, or what man says,  believe in the Bible, and the God of the Bible.

I do not believe "liberal lies" - I have believed & taught Biblical inerrancy & authority; young earth creationism; & the Gospel of salvation by repentance & faith in Christ alone; for over 50 years. I've explained my belief about Israel on another thread.

Climate change is accepted as true - whether man contributes or is a "natural" phenomenon. It has nothing to do with liberal lies. God is the sovereign God of creation, providence (caring for his creation) & redemption.

While you folk are complaining about the reverse of global warming, we had a lot of snow last winter & none this winter - & I think one 1 or 2 frosts. Perfect conditions for tennis this evening - floodlit on astraturf courts - 1/6, 6/2.

• Members

Two points - I think Covenanter used a poor choice of words re "adaptation".
Survival of the fittest is not evolution, but an observable scientific fact, which is one of mechanisms associated with evolution theory.
But it is observable.

Secondly, whether climate change is caused by man is in no way proven scientifically.
Think about this - when in secular school as an unsaved teen, I was taught that there have been several ice ages and temperate ages and tropical ages throughout the millions of years (which I now don't believe, but it is what I was taught).
These same scientist are now saying that the temp changes we are seeing are caused by man.
But their own (wrong) science says that it has happened before, and when they say man did not exist and could therefore not have caused it.

The point I am making is that there is no way of knowing whether this is man caused or natural process.

And there are scientists and researchers who still dispute the temp readings by the way.

• Moderators

Why do you insist on rejecting "global warming" because of local weather? Think instead of "climate change."

The polar icecap is melting & falling on you as snow, & us as rain, while the Australians have good reason to believe in global warming.

And yet the Antarctic is growing by leaps and bounds.  And, at one time, there was no polar ice cap-it was a tropical zone, full of trees and animals.

Don't misunderstand, please, I fully believe that man is to be good stewards of the planet-it was the first job given to man. However, I don't believe that by driving and such we are destroying the planet, and that any change is just a general change that occurs from time to time-the records found in history and the trees and such show that change. It has been warmer and cooler. As you said, the seasons will continue while the earth stands and the earth will stand until the Lord destroys it at the time of the great White Throne Judgment. Yes, we should be good stewards, not wasteful, not polluters, but consider the efforts that have been made-we now have more forest land than when the pilgrims landed, through planting and replanting efforts. And that mostly by lumber companies, because they understand that they will have nothing to cut, if they cut it all down.

Currently in our area there is a fight going on: our local conservative representative, Congressman McClintock, wants to cut down all the dead trees in Yosemite that burned last year, sell the wood and use the money from the sale to replant the entire area. Who could be against that, a new forest? Easy: the environmentalists! They say it will destroy the habitat of some woodpeckers-apparently they can only live in dead trees! But of course, we know their lies from the spotted owls., which we were told could only live in old-growth, despite being found nesting in K-mart signs!  people are trying to be good stewards-unfortunately the environmentalists seem to be the most against it.  

I always hear that we should not consider local weather as a sign of whether or not there is climate change happening, yet it was local weather phenomenon that was cited as being 'future' evidence, like, no more snow anywhere! Yet, we have had more snow this year in the US, I believe, than normal, and in places we don't generally see it, like Egypt. An arctic that was devoid of snow and ice by this year! But still snow and ice. And, in the summer of the Antarctic, the snow and ice trapped two icebreakers!  More rain than ever in Tibet and England. And that's saying something for England where it rains a lot.

Now, we have been warmer and drier here where I live this winter than any I have known since I have lived here-Spring temperatures! And now we've gotten a lot more rain recently bringing us closer to our norm, with more on the horizon, just warmer, less snow. BUt thats okay, we live in the desert so we expect some dry times.

My point is, it has been drier and wetter, warmer and colder, through history. We are on a 6,000 year old planet byut we are trying to judge the weather according to the last 100 or so years. That's a pretty small example to use. I trust the Lord-He will bring us through. If my people which are called by my name...

• Members

The Day of the Lord 1 Thessalonians 5

1But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.

2For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

3For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

5Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

6Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

7For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.

8But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

9For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

10Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.

11Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.

Matthew 24:7-8

Famines are coming.

Archived