• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Why ?

• Members

Why ?

The government says global warming will destroy us because burning fuels such as oil, gas and coal puts carbon dioxide into the air.

The climate has been changing in cycles for years. About the years 1000-1100AD the Vikings lived on “Greenland” because it was green with grass and trees. It has changed to a much colder climate.

The sun goes through cycles of changing magnetic fields and sun-spots. Author John Casey calls the time of greatly reduced sun-spot activity a “solar hibernation”. Men have been studying the sun and the climate and recorded information for years. John Casey and others have noticed a pattern of climate cooling when the sun-spots have decreased. They have also noticed that there has been increased volcanic activity and earthquakes when the magnetic field of the sun and the sun-spots have reduced or stopped. If these patterns continue, we have entered a strong cooling period and a time of increased volcanic activity and earthquakes. In the past these times were called little ice ages. Many people died from the cold and many people starved. We have over 7,000,000,000 people on earth now.

What shall happen.

Matthew 24:3-8

3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why ?

The government says global warming will destroy us because burning fuels such as oil, gas and coal puts carbon dioxide into the air.

The climate has been changing in cycles for years. About the years 1000-1100AD the Vikings lived on “Greenland” because it was green with grass and trees. It has changed to a much colder climate.

The sun goes through cycles of changing magnetic fields and sun-spots. Author John Casey calls the time of greatly reduced sun-spot activity a “solar hibernation”. Men have been studying the sun and the climate and recorded information for years. John Casey and others have noticed a pattern of climate cooling when the sun-spots have decreased. They have also noticed that there has been increased volcanic activity and earthquakes when the magnetic field of the sun and the sun-spots have reduced or stopped. If these patterns continue, we have entered a strong cooling period and a time of increased volcanic activity and earthquakes. In the past these times were called little ice ages. Many people died from the cold and many people starved. We have over 7,000,000,000 people on earth now.

What shall happen.

3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

John Coleman, one of the founders of the weather channel KUSI 51 in San Diego, CA has declared Al Gore's "global warming" as one of the biggest scams in history.  It is nothing but a hoax to make Gore wealthy.  John Coleman and other meteorologists are in the process of suing Al Gore for this scam.

http://www.whale.to/b/coleman81.html

Al Gore, on the other hand majored in government at Harvard College.  He did not do well in science classes in college, and avoided taking math courses.

Who is more qualified on this topic?  You can decide based on credentials and pure honesty.

As for scripture?  God is in charge.  However, I also like to go along with this simple scripture from  Proverbs 8:12... "I wisdom dwell with prudence, and find out knowledge of witty inventions."

Man will probably be partly responsible for his own demise.  I believe that nuclear weapons play a key role here.  Other than that, God is in charge of everything, and He will see to it that His wrath is poured out on planet earth, during the Great Tribulation.

• Members

God has already established the end. Nothing we do will bring it about sooner than He has decreed or cause it not to occur according to His timing.

Jesus told us, and gave us parables to remind us, that our calling is to be busy about the Father's business until Christ returns. We are warned not to be caught off guard busy with other things, but to stay focused upon the task given us.

If above average heat afflicted America all of 2014, or well below normal temperatures blanket the land, or if nuclear war devastated the country, God's will shall be done and our calling is the same as is our glorious ultimate destination.

• Members

John Coleman, one of the founders of the weather channel KUSI 51 in San Diego, CA has declared Al Gore's "global warming" as one of the biggest scams in history.  It is nothing but a hoax to make Gore wealthy.  John Coleman and other meteorologists are in the process of suing Al Gore for this scam.

Al Gore, on the other hand majored in government at Harvard College.  He did not do well in science classes in college, and avoided taking math courses.

Who is more qualified on this topic?  You can decide based on credentials and pure honesty.

As for scripture?  God is in charge.  However, I also like to go along with this simple scripture from  Proverbs 8:12... "I wisdom dwell with prudence, and find out knowledge of witty inventions."

Man will probably be partly responsible for his own demise.  I believe that nuclear weapons play a key role here.  Other than that, God is in charge of everything, and He will see to it that His wrath is poured out on planet earth, during the Great Tribulation.

Fire in the Sky

God will cause man to fight a nuclear war, which will destroy and thin the atmosphere and let more meteors impact the earth.

Jeremiah 25:15-17,
15 For thus saith the LORD God of Israel unto me; Take the wine cup of this fury at my hand, and cause all the nations, to whom I send thee, to drink it.

16 And they shall drink, and be moved, and be mad, because of the sword that I will send among them.

17 Then took I the cup at the LORD's hand, and made all the nations to drink, unto whom the LORD had sent me:

18 To wit, Jerusalem, and the cities of Judah, and the kings thereof, and the princes thereof, to make them a desolation, an astonishment, an hissing, and a curse; as it is this day;

29 For, lo, I begin to bring evil on the city which is called by my name, and should ye be utterly unpunished? Ye shall not be unpunished: for I will call for a sword upon all the inhabitants of the earth, saith the LORD of hosts.

30 Therefore prophesy thou against them all these words, and say unto them, The LORD shall roar from on high, and utter his voice from his holy habitation; he shall mightily roar upon his habitation; he shall give a shout, as they that tread the grapes, against all the inhabitants of the earth.

(((God cause man to fight man by nuclear war)))

31A noise shall come even to the ends of the earth; for the LORD hath a controversy with the nations, he will plead with all flesh; he will give them that are wicked to the sword, saith the LORD.

32 Thus saith the LORD of hosts, Behold, evil shall go forth from nation to nation, and a great whirlwind shall be raised up from the coasts of the earth.

33 And the slain of the LORD shall be at that day from one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth: they shall not be lamented, neither gathered, nor buried; they shall be dung upon the ground.

2 Peter 3:10–15 KJV
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

Revelation 6:12–14 KJV
12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

Isaiah 34:1–8 KJV
34 Come near, ye nations, to hear; and hearken, ye people: let the earth
hear, and all that is therein; the world, and all things that come forth of it.
2 For the indignation of the Lord is upon all nations, and his fury upon all their armies: he hath utterly destroyed them, he hath delivered them to the slaughter.
3 Their slain also shall be cast out, and their stink shall come up out of their carcases, and the mountains shall be melted with their blood.
4 And all the host of heaven shall be dissolved, and the heavens shall be rolled together as a scroll: and all their host shall fall down, as the leaf falleth off from the vine, and as a falling fig from the fig tree.

Another Old Testament prophet, Isaiah, also foresaw the nuclear war and he prophesied that the heavens will burn and roll up as a scroll. Apparently, all of the airplanes and nuclear missiles will fall from the sky during the war when the atmosphere burns. This judgment will be on all nations.

Isaiah 51:5–11 KJV
5 My righteousness is near; my salvation is gone forth, and mine arms shall judge the people; the isles shall wait upon me, and on mine arm shall they trust.
6 Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look upon the earth beneath: for the heavens shall vanish away like smoke, and the earth shall wax old like a garment, and they that dwell therein shall die in like manner: but my salvation shall be for ever, and my righteousness shall not be abolished.

Isaiah 25:1–7 KJV
4 For thou hast been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shadow from the heat, when the blast of the terrible ones is as a storm against the wall.
5 Thou shalt bring down the noise of strangers, as the heat in a dry place; even the heat with the shadow of a cloud: the branch of the terrible ones shall be brought low.
6 And in this mountain shall the Lord of hosts make unto all people a feast of fat things, a feast of wines on the lees, of fat things full of marrow, of wines on the lees well refined.
7 And he will destroy in this mountain the face of the covering cast over all people, and the vail that is spread over all nations.

In Isaiah 30:25–26, it says that the sun will become seven times stronger in the day of great slaughter. The day of great slaughter happens when the nuclear war takes place and the ozone layer is burned up as a scroll. Malachi 4:1 says that the earth will burn as an oven. In looking to the encyclopedia to see what parts of the atmosphere can burn, you will discover that the ozone is a triple oxygen molecule.
The ozone layer and the hydrogen layer are next to each other in the atmosphere above the earth. The chemical reaction when they burn is as follows:
Heat + oxygen + hydrogen = H2O (water) + greater heat
The ozone and hydrogen layers will be set on fire over Israel by an atomic blast, and then they will burn like the Hindenburg blimp. When the ozone and hydrogen burn, it will form hot water vapor that will condense into water droplets that will then become rain, which will form great hailstones that will fall to the earth along with torrential rain. When the atmosphere burns, the heavens will roll up as a scroll all the way around the earth, over every nation.

• Members

God has already established the end. Nothing we do will bring it about sooner than He has decreed or cause it not to occur according to His timing.

Jesus told us, and gave us parables to remind us, that our calling is to be busy about the Father's business until Christ returns. We are warned not to be caught off guard busy with other things, but to stay focused upon the task given us.

If above average heat afflicted America all of 2014, or well below normal temperatures blanket the land, or if nuclear war devastated the country, God's will shall be done and our calling is the same as is our glorious ultimate destination.

John,

Part of working for God is taking care of our families. If the climate is going to get dangerously colder we need to prepare for it.

• Members

That's what they said in the 60s and 70s until they decided we were going to get too hot. Then we were told to prepare for that. Now they are swinging back to the cold theory. As Solomon said, there is nothing new under the sun.

Scripture tells us the best way to take care of our families is to help them be born again in Christ and then disciple them and work together to advance His kingdom.

God is more than able to protect and provide for His people during times of heat or cold, lack or plenty, day or night, just as His Word promises and just as He has shown Himself faithful to do for thousands of years.

• Members

Amen, Eric.  That is why I said what is highlighted above, " I believe that nuclear weapons play a key role here. Other than that, God is in charge of everything, and He will see to it that His wrath is poured out on planet earth, during the Great Tribulation."

Be ever thankful that believers won't be here for these horrific events in world history.  All I can do is get the message of salvation out to the lost, in hopes that they call upon the only one that can save them from their sins, The Lord Jesus Christ.

My husband and I are also preparing ourselves for what might come before the Rapture occurs.  He is a survivalist and he is also leaving behind information for those who will have to endure the Great Tribulation.  I collect Bibles and and obviously those will be left for those who didn't get saved before the Rapture of the saints.

Thank you for the scriptures, brother!

• Members

Genesis 8:22
While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.

No Nicolatians,

That verse is true for the earth. However there is no seed time at the North and South poles.

• Members

Why ?

What shall happen.

Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:06 PM

Eric: But the signs are not for the appearing or rapture. The significance of the signs are that since the day of the Lord is coming soon the appearing of Christ must be even sooner. For me that is exciting like waiting for Christmas for children.

"Appearing", "rapture", "day of the Lord", "Christmas" ... are there different signs for the various events on your calendar? And what action do you take when you see a specific sign, other than continuing to serve the Lord? Many people have got excited, even written books & made films which have got others excited - a bit like Narnia - always winter, but never Christmas. But, Jesus actually warned that all the events now interpreted as "signs" were NOT! They were wars, "natural" events (some of which  arise as a result of war), persecutions directed against the Apostles & Gospel preachers & believers generally. These have been happen since Jesus gave the warning. 

Mat. 24:And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world? And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. All these are the beginning of sorrows.

Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name’s sake. 10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. 11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. 12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. 13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Sadly many we would accept as true believers (preaching the Gospel of salvation by grace) are deceiving their hearers by claiming every "sign" to be a sign of Jesus' imminent coming, rather than his longsuffering. (2 Peter 3.)

And of course the end IS coming at a time we CANNOT predict. Jesus said so. But he did give warning signs concerning the END of Jerusalem & the temple destruction. The believers heeded those signs & fled the doomed city.

Where will YOU flee - you think see the signs? 

The ONLY safe place in fleeing to Jesus, the Ark of salvation. (1 Peter 3) And continue to preach the Gospel of the kingdom. And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

• Members

Is all that melted Arctic ice (due to global warming (?)) falling on US as snow ? It's mild & wet here - floods.

It's more accurate to talk about "climate change."  Man's activities have produced massive changes in our planet - destruction of the ozone layer by fluorocarbons, a massive increase in the carbon dioxide in the atmosphere by burning fossil fuels, destruction of the rain forests, over fishing, intensive agriculture, use of pesticides .....

I'm hoping to play tennis tomorrow - outdoor, all-weather courts.

Archived