• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

If the rapture happens...

• Members

I agree with you about infants but what about children? Many older children would be mature enough to have the understanding to choose or reject salvation during the tribulation.

It's interesting that verses dealing with the rapture and return of those raptured never mentions children, or anyone other than the saints.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
I agree with you about infants but what about children? Many older children would be mature enough to have the understanding to choose or reject salvation during the tribulation.

It's interesting that verses dealing with the rapture and return of those raptured never mentions children, or anyone other than the saints.

Right...which is why the verse about making the children "holy" interests me.

I would guess that only the children who do not understand salvation (without the law, no sin is imputed) would qualify as far as being raptured. Once they are of the "age of accountability" they make the decision for themselves. That's just going on Scriptural principle...

• Members

What about the children who will reach the age of accountability during the tribulation? Why would they be raptured?

Also, Scripture is clear we can't save anyone else so I'm not so sure about the idea of unsaved children of Christian parents being okay for the rapture.

• Members
What about the children who will reach the age of accountability during the tribulation? Why would they be raptured?

Also, Scripture is clear we can't save anyone else so I'm not so sure about the idea of unsaved children of Christian parents being okay for the rapture.

I think the children who reach that age will have the same opportunity as everyone else to be saved...and then wait for death because the rapture is past.

I don't mean they would be "saved" but I mean babies die "unsaved" all the time and go to heaven....so I just think that if at least one parent is saved, it is possible that any children under the age of accountability would possibly (I hope!) be raptured along with them.

• Members
What happens to the babies who go to heaven?

Now that...I don't know! :lol

I had a pastor one time who believes they grow up in the millenium and that is when they make their choice for or against Christ.

I have a hard time with the idea of orphans running around everywhere...but he says its the only way there can be so many millions of people. Of course I'm sure after a thousand years, there will naturally be alot of people, anyway.

I dunno.

I have a hard time with the idea of orphans running around everywhere...but he says its the only way there can be so many millions of people. Of course I'm sure after a thousand years, there will naturally be alot of people, anyway.

This is exactly why it concerns me, too. I have never been able to get a "clear-cut" scripture on this. Actually, I am concerned. :smile I know it is my human frailty, but...this is something that I would like to find some kind of answer in scriptures about. Sorry...but, in this particular period of time, it makes me want to know. Would God allow children to wander about like the Israelites on earth without saved parents? I mean...after the Rapture, the Holy Spirit will be taken out...so? Hmmm? I dunno, either.

• Members

This is exactly why it concerns me, too. I have never been able to get a "clear-cut" scripture on this. Actually, I am concerned. :smile I know it is my human frailty, but...this is something that I would like to find some kind of answer in scriptures about. Sorry...but, in this particular period of time, it makes me want to know. Would God allow children to wander about like the Israelites on earth without saved parents? I mean...after the Rapture, the Holy Spirit will be taken out...so? Hmmm? I dunno, either.

Yeah I don't think so....I really think that at LEAST the kids of at least one saved parent would be raptured. I don't know that all kids from lost parents would be raptured, because technically they still have a chance to get saved on earth. But if all the saved parents are raptured, the kids would be left orphans, and I don't see God doing that...I hope not, anyway.

Yeah I don't think so....I really think that at LEAST the kids of at least one saved parent would be raptured. I don't know that all kids from lost parents would be raptured, because technically they still have a chance to get saved on earth. But if all the saved parents are raptured, the kids would be left orphans, and I don't see God doing that...I hope not, anyway.

God talks about protecting children all through out the scriptures. He starts in the womb. We know that He is merciful and just...so, my belief (and it is just opinion) is that He would not want them orphaned on earth w/o the Holy Spirit. That would mean that they would be raised by a non-Christian when their saved parent (s) have gone up in the Rapture? I doesn't register in my finite mind. :smile

• 1 month later...
  • Members

How does this figure into the discussion? Matt 24:19 And woe unto them that are 'with child', and to them that 'give suck' in those days!

We know that "those days" in Matt 24 vs 13 - 36 are tribulation verses. Does this verse suggest that some will indeed carry infants into the trib? Others will be therein born from pre-trib pregnancies? Does "even a child is known by his ways" figure into the discussion? Does Acts 16:31 ".....and thy house" figure in?

I find comfort in thinking I have the answer (at least one that satisfies my ponderings) but what saith the general discussion board members to this thought?

I find comfort in thinking I have the answer (at least one that satisfies my ponderings) but what saith the general discussion board members to this thought?

Yes...I would like to know what the rest of the board members think about this "thought" as well, PastorHarrison. :thumb

How does this figure into the discussion? Matt 24:19 And woe unto them that are 'with child', and to them that 'give suck' in those days!

We know that "those days" in Matt 24 vs 13 - 36 are tribulation verses. Does this verse suggest that some will indeed carry infants into the trib? Others will be therein born from pre-trib pregnancies? Does "even a child is known by his ways" figure into the discussion? Does Acts 16:31 ".....and thy house" figure in?

Now this is something worth discussing. :amen: I would like to get a discussion going on this, too.

• Members

That verse is referencing something that happens in the last part of the Tribulation - the abomination of desolation, when the AC sets himself up as God in the Jewish temple. People are to flee then and it will be very difficult for those who are pregnant or caring for small children. Why? Pregnant women and small children can't run very fast.

IOW, this isn't about right after the rapture. It is about a few years later.

That verse is referencing something that happens in the last part of the Tribulation - the abomination of desolation, when the AC sets himself up as God in the Jewish temple. People are to flee then and it will be very difficult for those who are pregnant or caring for small children. Why? Pregnant women and small children can't run very fast.

IOW, this isn't about right after the rapture. It is about a few years later.

Thanks, Bakers for the clarification. :bible: That is simple for me to understand...anyway. :smile

I didn't figure that little question would fly long before someone shot it down with a good response .... :)

Well..."that little question" did it for me. :thumb :amen: