• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members

Audio Readings from the book "My Time in Heaven" by Richard Sigmund.
Richard Sigmund claimed to have been taken to heaven many years back.  There, Richard saw many strange things that contradict the Word of God. 

He claimed to have talked to Jesus, who told him that the Church would be raptured and Richard would not go by the way of the grave.  Must've not been in heaven.  Richard dies and was buried in October 2010.  He deceived many of the simple with smooth words and fair speeches.  In the end, he was proven to be a false prophet.

Part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyNBrMGGVhI

Part 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShrEa0Oj1pQ

• Members

A few years ago two books by two different young boys claiming to have gone to heaven were all the rage. Otherwise seemingly solid Christians, even some pastors, were all reading the books, telling others to read them and talking of how great they were.

My question was very simple, how could any of these folks recommend these books and say they were great when they contained things that contradicted Scripture?

If one claims the experiences these boys claim to have had, and what they claim to have seen and heard are true, then one must also say some aspects of Scripture must be false because their claims don't agree with Scripture.

There have been several other books along these lines, and countless folks who have claimed to had near death experiences where they were on their way to heaven but came back.

Then there is that guy who wrote the book claiming to have been in hell, but was then given another chance, and sent back to warn others. I started to read that book and found it to be so clearly unbiblical from very near the beginning that I couldn't even bring myself to read anymore.

What a shame so many seek out these sensational stories and seem to cling to them more than they do the actual Word of God.

• Members

Yes, there are some who believe emotional feelings and things that bring about some emotionalism are more real and meaningful than other things.

This is one of the reasons some folks can go to church and sing and feel great but never truly worship the Lord, while some others standing there who might not be showing signs of engagement as they sing are really worshiping the Lord in their hearts.

It's often telling when one asks someone about the church service they just left and the first thing they say is how much fun they had or how they really got caught up in worship as they sang.

It's the same thing with those who look more forward to emotional testimonies (often more of the 'poor me' or 'I was such a bad person I did this, and this, and this...' sort) rather than the preaching of the Word or even simple, from the heart testimonies without all the bells and whistles.

• Members

I come across this false teaching, when witnessing to Roman Catholics on Facebook.  The Charismatics come along and put a spin on things.  I tell them that only the saved have gone to Heaven and the lost have gone to Hell.  No one in the history of the world has gone to Heaven and Hell, but the Lord Jesus Christ.  Unfortunately, Charismatics get caught up in this non Biblical doctrine.  Many thrive on it.

• Members

There seem to be a lot of Charismatic Catholics these days too.

I noticed another website where Catholics, Jews and Charismatics have basically taken the place over. It never was very active, but it used to have decent Christian postings sometimes, but now it's all about Catholic this and that, the really crazy side of Charismatic stuff, and some Jews that seem to be all over the map. Sad.

• Members

There seem to be a lot of Charismatic Catholics these days too.

I noticed another website where Catholics, Jews and Charismatics have basically taken the place over. It never was very active, but it used to have decent Christian postings sometimes, but now it's all about Catholic this and that, the really crazy side of Charismatic stuff, and some Jews that seem to be all over the map. Sad.

Yes, there are John.  The "Roman Catholic Charismatic Movement" came about in the 1970's.  Sadly, many people are following it, as you mentioned above.  There really is no reasoning with them, either.  Their minds are made up.  Very sad, indeed.

Archived