• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Fight Back

ThePilgrim

• Members

We don't have to use our fists or guns.  They aren't our best weapons anyway.  When they don't like what we say, we can say it anyway.  It is best to say what you think and let the chips fall where they may.  Those that hate us aren't our friends so why kow tow to them.  Of course this will cut down on the number of people who call themselves your friend. . . . but then maybe some of them aren't really your friend in the first place.

http://www.absoluterights.com/no-more-backing-down/

God bless,

Larry

• Members

Speak the truth in love and let the Spirit do His work.

Amen to that! Quoting scripture is God speaking and working through us.  

Ephesians 4:15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: 

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 

• Members

Even if you speak in love, the hearer may not hear the love within you, & they may do to you, what they did to Jesus, for they hate God's way until saved.

They think, if you loved me you would want me to do what ever it is that makes me happy.

And we prove our love of Christ by obeying Him.

• Members

Even if you speak in love, the hearer may not hear the love within you, & they may do to you, what they did to Jesus, for they hate God's way until saved.

They think, if you loved me you would want me to do what ever it is that makes me happy.

And we prove our love of Christ by obeying Him.

Also, a baskslidden person, or someone trying to compromise the Word of God, is going to resist what you say to them, while quoting scripture.  This happens, all the time.  I get the gospel out to the lost, and someone comes along to argue with it.  I merely tell them, that it is God's Word not mine.  I ask them to take it up with the Lord Jesus Christ.  This usually stops the conversation.

Archived