• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Hello

Jeffrey

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

difference between IFB and reformed is?

IFB churches tend to be more legalistic than reformed,(ex: dress,music) and tend to put extra Biblical rules on the congregation. More of what you are doing for Christ rather than what Christ has done for you, believe me, there is a difference. Very politically driven rather than Gospel/Grace driven.

• Members

Yeah, I noticed that too. Although the screen name, pic and "Reformed Baptist" don't quite seem to square with each other.

No, they don't seem right OFP.  Had I not been saved later in life, I would not have picked up on this screen name.  ;)  The name took me back a bit to my 20's.  "Something is rotten in Denmark", though.

• Members

Church, Bible study, and prayer meeting. Those that are called for Salvation, are already chosen? 

2 Peter 3:9

9The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

• Members

My name is Jeffrey. New to this site. Live in the Chicagoland area, though I was raised in Cape Cod. The Lord saved me while attending SBC church, then jumped to a IFB church. After 20 years in that, I switched to a reformed Baptist church a few years ago. Look forward to thought provoking discussions and no I will not argue. Even though I am your quintessential East Coaster ;)

Jeffrey,

Anyone who loves Jesus and likes the Pats is my brother.

• Members

No, they don't seem right OFP.  Had I not been saved later in life, I would not have picked up on this screen name.  ;)  The name took me back a bit to my 20's.  "Something is rotten in Denmark", though.

its just a name. I wasn't really a big Doors fan growing up(more into alternative/metal). It was just a cool sounding name. I once named my pet dog "Mojo" when I was a boy and named my pet snake(boa) Mojo Rison when I was in my 20's.I guess I'm older now so I threw in "Mr" Mojo Rison.

Part of what I was discussing, IFB people would not understand the screen name and question my motives, more reformed people would get the joke.;)

Admittedly yes... though a bit begrudgingly since Ferguson retired.

So, Packers/Bears this weekend.  Let me offer my condolences now.  :nuts:

I grew up in Massachusetts; I'm a Patriots fan :clapping:

Jeffrey,

Anyone who loves Jesus and likes the Pats is my brother.

Amen, you cant be saved and like the Jets, :amen: ? :D

• Members

its just a name. I wasn't really a big Doors fan growing up(more into alternative/metal). It was just a cool sounding name. I once named my pet dog "Mojo" when I was a boy and named my pet snake(boa) Mojo Rison when I was in my 20's.I guess I'm older now so I threw in "Mr" Mojo Rison.

Part of what I was discussing, IFB people would not understand the screen name and question my motives, more reformed people would get the joke. ;)

I grew up in Massachusetts; I'm a Patriots fan :clapping:

Amen, you cant be saved and like the Jets, :amen: ? :D

Okay.  Thanks for clariying, MJR.  :)

• Members

Okay.  Thanks for clariying, MJR.  :)

I should have prefaced it by saying that all IFB ministries are not the same. All minstries are not the same for that matter!, but I draw from the three that I was involved in during my twenty years I was involved. I am not attacking any one group in any way.

• Members

My name is Jeffrey. New to this site. Live in the Chicagoland area, though I was raised in Cape Cod. The Lord saved me while attending SBC church, then jumped to a IFB church. After 20 years in that, I switched to a reformed Baptist church a few years ago. Look forward to thought provoking discussions and no I will not argue. Even though I am your quintessential East Coaster ;)

Welcome to the forum.

Interesting username. Is it a anagram?

Archived