• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

Jeffrey

Hello

My name is Jeffrey. New to this site. Live in the Chicagoland area, though I was raised in Cape Cod. The Lord saved me while attending SBC church, then jumped to a IFB church. After 20 years in that, I switched to a reformed Baptist church a few years ago. Look forward to thought provoking discussions and no I will not argue. Even though I am your quintessential East Coaster ;)

I'm willing to forgive your east coasterness :icon_smile:

Welcome to Online Baptist, it's good to have you join us. :wave:

Thanks John, I know we can some across as brash at times. I guess you have to live in it to understand.
I have to amend something I wrote, I do love to argue over 1 issue; football!! I'm a total football junkie !! I do admit/confess I have followed some Patriot games during Sunday night sermons before, I blame it on technology :D

My name is Jeffrey. New to this site. Live in the Chicagoland area, though I was raised in Cape Cod. The Lord saved me while attending SBC church, then jumped to a IFB church. After 20 years in that, I switched to a reformed Baptist church a few years ago. Look forward to thought provoking discussions and no I will not argue. Even though I am your quintessential East Coaster ;)

Welcome!  :-)

Welcome to Online Baptist. Living in Ct, I am a fellow Pats fan. Go Pats.

Howdy, 2 years in Rhode Island was enough for this Southern boy to confirm his bias against New Englanders   :bleh:

Thanks John, I know we can some across as brash at times. I guess you have to live in it to understand.
I have to amend something I wrote, I do love to argue over 1 issue; football!! I'm a total football junkie !! I do admit/confess I have followed some Patriot games during Sunday night sermons before, I blame it on technology :D

American "football" is inferior to true football (soccer).

Let the arguing begin...:D

I spent 2 years in Connecticut while in the Coast Guard in the mid-1980s...saw every New England state except Maine while I was there.  It's beautiful country, and it gave me a love for Grinders!

Welcome to the forum!

Nardelli's is the best.  http://www.nardellis.com/

difference between IFB and reformed is?

IFB churches tend to be more legalistic than reformed,(ex: dress,music) and tend to put extra Biblical rules on the congregation. More of what you are doing for Christ rather than what Christ has done for you, believe me, there is a difference. Very politically driven rather than Gospel/Grace driven.

Edited by Mr. Mojo Rison

Yeah, I noticed that too. Although the screen name, pic and "Reformed Baptist" don't quite seem to square with each other.

No, they don't seem right OFP.  Had I not been saved later in life, I would not have picked up on this screen name.  ;)  The name took me back a bit to my 20's.  "Something is rotten in Denmark", though.

Edited by candlelight

Church, Bible study, and prayer meeting. Those that are called for Salvation, are already chosen? 

2 Peter 3:9

9The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Jeffrey,

Anyone who loves Jesus and likes the Pats is my brother.