• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Girl Dies After Pharmacist Refuses To Give Epipen Without Prescription

JerryNumbers

• Members

On new year's eve I slipped in  the garden and fell damaging my ribs. By yesterday evening I was in so much pain I called the out of hours doctor.  She said as it was Saturday evening they were very busy, I would have to wait for an appointment till about 11.30pm and travel to Canterbury, or I could wait for a doctor to visit me and that would be in 4 to 6 hours, or she could write me a prescription and text it to the nearest pharmacy that would be open, six miles away. As I was not in any condition to drive, I opted fro a home visit, they said it would be 6 to 8 hours, 2.00am to 4.00am.  The doctor arrived and left by 11.30 apologising for being late as they had sent her to the wrong town.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was hit by a car in 94, breaking two ribs and a collarbone.  I would not let the paramedics at the scene take me to the hospital, as at the time they were there, I felt fine.  I did not realize I had the internal injuries.

Needless to say, three hours later, I was in excruciating pain and had my sister take me to the emergency room where I found ut how bad it was.

I am sure your pain is as bad as mine was.  I've been there.  Praying for a quick healing for you.

• Moderators

On new year's eve I slipped in the garden and fell damaging my ribs. By yesterday evening I was in so much pain I called the out of hours doctor. She said as it was Saturday evening they were very busy, I would have to wait for an appointment till about 11.30pm and travel to Canterbury, or I could wait for a doctor to visit me and that would be in 4 to 6 hours, or she could write me a prescription and text it to the nearest pharmacy that would be open, six miles away. As I was not in any condition to drive, I opted fro a home visit, they said it would be 6 to 8 hours, 2.00am to 4.00am. The doctor arrived and left by 11.30 apologising for being late as they had sent her to the wrong town.

You can get home visits?! Wow...

• Members

I liked the "civilization" we had when I was younger as opposed to now. We had a local doctor who made house calls, and who also saw patients in his home after hours. Our little town even had our own hospital.

The government trying to further "civilize" us made it impossible to keep a hospital here and when our local doctor died there were no others who wanted to come to a small rural town.

We do have a clinic, ran by a nurse practitioner, who is the granddaughter of the doctor who used to serve here.

Of course, before "civilization" was forced upon us, we also had several gas stations, cafe's, local businesses, etc.

• Members

When we were young, we did not have appointments, you just went to the Dr and waited your turn. Now we have appointments, and you have to ring at 8.00 and join a telephone queue, to be sure of getting an appointment and then you don't always manage it.  They only have a limited number or appointments that you can book in advance.  If it is urgent, you can bypass the system by dialing, I think 9, or if not so urgent you can ask for a telephone appointment when the Dr rings you back when he has a few minutes.

• Members

The following is from the information sheet from our surgery, dated Nov 2009.   

Appointments

Consultations with a doctor are by appointment. Our appointment
system leaves a large number of appointments free to be booked on
the day a patient calls. However, we have tried to adapt our appointment

system to meet all our patients needs. Therefore, there are
some appo
intments that can be booked up to two weeks in advance.
Hopefully this new system will help with the delay in trying to book an
appointment at 8.00am
. For all appointments please telephone 0844
477 2566 and select option 1. Please ask at reception for a copy of
surgery times.

MISSED APPOINTMENTS

If you miss your appointment, someone else will not be able to see a
doctor or nurse. Please ring in and cancel if you are unable to keep
your appointment for any reason

TELEPHONE ADVICE

Sometimes you may prefer to consult your doctor or nurse
by telephone. To arrange a telephone consultation, 'phone
for an appointment in the usual way and ask to speak to
the doctor or nurse on the telephone
. You will be asked
for a telephone number for the doctor or nurse to contact you/

for your consultation.

HOME VISITS

can be offered for those whose medical condition is so severe that
they cannot be expected to attend surgery or where mobility is
severely reduced. In all other circumstances we would encourage you

to attend the surgery. If you think a home visit may be required

please contact the surgery before 10.30 am.

• Members

Hope you're doing better, invicta.

Thanks for asking, LuAnne.

Actually I am not so good today.  I didn't get much sleep last night, but I did make our morning service, but not the evening.  

Archived