• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Any Born Again Jews Here?

The Glory Land

• Members

Just checking, if there is none, then why not, and how can they be the chosen ones, if they are not born again like we are. I would have been a very proud Puerto Rican posting here, if Jesus came to us frist, and if we were the chosen ones. Can you see what I am trying to say here? Thanks for trying.  Merry Christmas, from a Jew, I mean a Puerto Rican. 

:)

• Members

Just checking, if there is none, then why not, and how can they be the chosen ones, if they are not born again like we are. I would have been a very proud Puerto Rican posting here, if Jesus came to us frist, and if we were the chosen ones. Can you see what I am trying to say here? Thanks for trying.  Merry Christmas, from a Jew, I mean a Puerto Rican. 

I am an ethnic Jew and I am also a born again Christian. 

• Members

Romans 11:25-27 is the fulfillment of the New Covenant for the nation of Israel (Jeremiah 31:31-34).

Jeremiah 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
Jeremiah 31:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
Jeremiah 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
Jeremiah 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Temporarily the nation Israel has been set aside in the purposes of God. Today He is creating a special body of saved people composed both of Jews and Gentiles (Acts 15:14-16; Ephesians 3). After this present work is accomplished, God will again resume His purposes with the nation Israel and will fulfill all the Old Testament promises and prophecies concerning them (Romans 11:25-27).

Romans 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
Romans 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
Romans 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

• Members

I was bar-mitzvahed so I guess I count as an 'ethnic' born again jew (my mothers parents saw to that) ... even though my mother and father were atheist/agnostic as I was growing up.

My brother was bar-mitzvahed, but I was not bat-mitzvahed, but I was confirmed in 9th grade.  My parents were liberal (Reform) Jews but my grandparents (both maternal and paternal) were Orthodox Russian Ashkenasi Jews who immigrated to the US in the late 1890s or early 1900s (the Fiddler on the Roof era)...during the pogroms.

• Members

Mt 18:4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

Mt 23:11 But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.

Mt 23:12 And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

• Members

I thought they were still the choosen ones, today?

• Members

The Jews are still the chosen nation of God. All the promises and covenants still belong to them and God will not repent of them (Romans 9:4; 11:29). The fact that they are in unbelief and on the shelf is irrelevant. The church DID NOT replace Israel but only got grafted into the olive tree. No sure how this can't be any clearer in Romans 11 unless you spiritualize the whole passage like the RCC and CoC do. We have been grafted into the New Covenant which has NOT been completely fulfilled yet (not until Israel is restored). The NEW TESTAMENT and NEW COVENANT are not the exact same thing though ALL of the new versions change the word "testament" to "covenant" in Hebrews in order to continue to propagate this heresy.

One of the promises of God to his chosen nation is that they would be destroyed for their sins (Duet 28) yet would still return to him some day. Don't mistaken this destruction with a casting off forever.

My brother's wife is a born again Jew. 

• Members

thinking about it (1) all gentiles are lost and (2) all born again people are the real jews "Romans 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God."

• Members

thinking about it (1) all gentiles are lost and (2) all born again people are the real jews "Romans 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God."

Romans 2:28-29

Note the contrasts found in these verses (outward-inward, flesh-heart, letter-spirit, men-God). It’s one thing being a RACIAL JEW; its another thing to be a REGENERATED JEW (a real Jew!). What is on the inside is what really counts. Paul is preparing us for Chapter 3 where we will see what we are really like on the inside (cf. 3:10-18). For "heart circumcision" see Deut.10:16; 30:6; Jer. 4:4; 9:25-26; Jer.6:10 (circumcise your ear!), Acts 7:51,57; Joel 2:13; Phil.3:3; Psalm 51:6.

Please note:  In verse 28, Paul is talking about a Jew (not a Gentile) who is a Jew outwardly.  He has been circumcised and he is a descendant of Abraham, but he is not a believer (his heart is not right with God).  He is a Jew outwardly and physically, but he is not a Jew inwardly and spiritually.  In verse 29, Paul is talking about a Jew (not a Gentile) who is a Jew inwardly.  That is, he is a Jew who believes in the God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob. He is not only a child of Abraham, but he is a child of God.   In verse 29 Paul is not saying that Gentiles are Jews inwardly.  Saved Gentiles are never referred to as Jews and they are never referred to as "Israel."  For a detailed study of this important distinction, please see The Use of the Term "Israel" in the New Testament.  "This passage does not teach that all believers are Jews, or that the church is the Israel of God. Paul is talking about those who are born of Jewish parentage and is insisting that the mere fact of birth and the ordinance of circumcision are not enough. There must also be inward reality" (MacDonald, p. 1685).

"Whose praise is not of men, but of God."   This is a play on words. The term "Jew" is from the name "Judah" (one of the twelve sons of Jacob) which means "may He be praised."

Excerpts taken from The Epistle to the Romans (A Verse By Verse Study): Romans Chapter 2

Paul is not speaking of Gentiles becoming “spiritual” Jews.  He is speaking to the Jews and defining a “true” Jew.  Born again Gentiles do not become “spiritual” Jews  and the Church is never called “spiritual” or the “new” Israel.

“For Dispensational Israelology, the conclusion is that the Church is never called, and is not, a “spiritual Israel” or a “new Israel.” The term “Israel” is either used of the nation or the people as a whole, or of the believing remnant within. It is never used of the Church in general or of Gentile believers in particular.”.... (Israelology--the Missing Link in Systematic Theology by Arnold G. Fruchtenbaum )

Archived