• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Way Of Life - Have A Blessed Christmas New Year’S Season

RSS Robot

• Members
Updated December 24, 2013 (first published December 22, 2001) (David Cloud, Fundamental Baptist Information Service, P.O. Box 610368, Port Huron, MI 48061, 866-295-4143, fbns@wayoflife.org) -

18791006_s copy
I want to take this occasion to bid each of our subscribers a blessed holiday season and a fruitful New Year in God’s will. If we can be of any help to you in this coming year, don’t hesitate to write. We are very busy, but we try to answer as many e-mails and letters as possible. You are always welcome to write. Even with the deluge of mail I receive, I still answer probably 75% of it.

It seems that each year about this time some people write to ask about my views on Christmas. The subject of Christmas seems to stir up as many strong passions as politics! Some of the angriest, most ungracious mail I have ever received (and that is saying something) has been from people rebuking me for having anything positive whatsoever to say about Christmas. When I announced recently that the national Christian ladies on the mission field in South Asia had some handmade Christmas cards for sale, you should have seen the comments. I was called ignorant, hypocritical, double minded, and other such things!

One most gracious Christian gentleman wrote:

“Take me off your list.... I am an ex-Catholic and my wife is also -- from the Philippines! Doubtless you are too stupid to know that worshiping God with Pagan, Dates, Symbols and Rituals does NOT please Him! We stopped 42 years ago - as soon as someone showed us, as Baptists, that it was wrong! How can you miss the encyclopedias, dictionaries, Internet and even God's word - Ex. 32-33, 1 Co. 10:1-5, Jer. 10:1-5 unless you are either not saved or wilfully disobedient! No need to answer unless you want to acknowledge just how stupid you really are!”

It is obvious that this is a deeply spiritual man who should be emulated, and I would guess that his spiritual influence is vast.

Consider a couple more samples:

“I read of your complete hatred of the evils of Roman Catholicism -- but you're surprisingly 'silent' when it comes to the real
'demon' in the room--CHRISTMAS. How you can rant against the 'Charismatics'--but not so much a whimper against the abomination of the filthy dreamers who continue to push this 'garbage' of Jesus' birthday on Dec. 25--as being 'truth'! At least when those Charismatics are Speaking in 'gibberish' -- they aren't singing -- "Oh Holy Night--when Christ was born!"  Or those silly songs about Away in a Manger--pure speculation and myths! So much for your American styled "Christianity"--full of myths and babblings about nothing--every time you sing. Christmas songs!!  The whole Christmas story is purely wives' tales!  But who cares?  Right?”

View the full article

Archived