• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Quoting Not Working

Miss Daisy

• Members

I have windows 7 and IE 11 and have been unable to use the quoting feature for awhile. Not sure how long because I just assumed the quote would appear once I finished and clicked post.

No, at the moment you click on the Quote button, the Quote appears in the post.

I'm not a geek, yet I did do a search to see if I could find a fix for IE, but did not.

• Members

OK, I think I found a fix.

I used it on my IE & I was able to post on online baptist. But this showed up right above the name of the topic.

Javascript Disabled Detected 
You currently have javascript disabled. Several functions may not work. Please re-enable javascript to access full functionality.

And when I 1st try to go to the forum, it took a bit, but when I hit quote, it did that pretty fast.

This is how to do it.

If you disable 'Active Scripting' in IE 11 (Tools > Internet Options > Security tab > Custom Level button > scroll down to 'Scripting' and under 'Active Scripting' select 'disable' then apply), it works. Disabling 'Active Scripting" is what keeps IE from using JavaScripting on a website. 

I'm writing it out below a bit different, maybe it will help you understand it a bit better.

Click on "Tools" at the top right, them click on "Internet Options," them click on "Security tab," the scroll down to "Scripting," & under "Active Scripting" select "Disable," them click on "Ok," them click on "Apply."

If it causes you any trouble its easy to go back & change it back. Anytime I do something like this I keep the instruction in case I need them later.

• Members

Your welcome, Oh, I recently tried Firefox again, I was unable to get spell check to work on it, spell check may not mean anything to you but for me when I'm typing I hit many of the wrong keys & I'm in great need of spell check.

After recent discussions, I downloaded the spellchecker for Firefox and it works perfectly now.  Highlights the mis-spelt words more prominently than Chrome.  It is English spelling as well as Chrome is American spelling.

Archived