• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

That Last Wicked Post Make It To Page Ten

The Glory Land

• Members

last 2 weeks of the month are the hardest. Barely any food, no money or food stamps to get more. Counting squares on the toilet paper to make it last til the 3rd of the month. Hoping somebody puts $20 in a Christmas card. I make my own laundry detergent, softener and cleaning supplies mostly to save that little bit helps but not much. But my needs are always met somehow. :godisgood:

• Members

Don't agree with what, TGL? What is your stance on the subject? As yet, you have not said.

Those members that do not support the churches ministry or the church they are members of, they are robbing God.  How much to give? what ever you feel like, if you are cheap giving to Him, then He will be cheap with you. If He can trust you with a little, then He will give you more. Why would He give you a bigger church membership, more members, if you cannot handle a small church membership.

• Members

So, your answer is just give whatever you feel like giving? 

That would be my answer too.

And that is what the Bible proscribes our giving should be..

How much would you give to your local church, if you had an extra 100 dollar this week? I know ten....  :)

• Moderators

How much would you give to your local church, if you had an extra 100 dollar this week? I know ten....  :)

Okay, TGL, that's enough. Stop stirring the pot for awhile. Capisce?  :knuppel:  

Feliz Navidad!

• Members

An extra hundred dollars!!!!! Is there such a thing??? If I had several hundred dollars right now they wouldn't fall into the "extra" category.

I always give as the Lord leads. If ever I come into a large sum of money, I would seek the Lord's direction not only for how much to give to our home church, but also with regards to what He would have me do with all of it.

• Members

If I had an extra $100, I would give $100.  After all, it is EXTRA. 

But, if on the way to Church, I saw a person who needed the money more, I would give it to that person.

Matthew 25:34-40 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Archived