• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The 144,000 Jewish Evangelists And The Great Harvest Of Souls In The Tribulation

beameup

• Members
Selected Jews from each of the twelve tribes to fulfill a mission during the tribulation:
And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.  Rev 7:4
And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.  Rev 7:13-14

The mission during the tribulation is to preach the gospel of the Kingdom to every kindred, tongue, people and nation on earth:
And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Matt 24:14

For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earthActs 13:47

Examples of supernatural salvation, supernatural transportation, and supernatural linguistic skills:

And as he [Paul] journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:

And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: Acts 9:3-5

And the angel of the Lord spake unto Philip, saying, Arise, and go toward the south unto the way that goeth down from Jerusalem unto Gaza, which is desert.  [The Ethiopian] Was returning, and sitting in his chariot read Esaias the prophet.

Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot. [Philip preached the Gospel to the Ethiopian]
And when they were come up out of the [baptismal] water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing. Acts 8:26-39 excerpts

And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.

Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.  Acts 2:5-6

**We know that God has used/given these supernatural skills already during the Book of Acts, therefore, He can use them again

And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nationRev 5:9

Some have suggested that more people will be saved during the first half of the tribulation than have been saved in almost 2,000 years.

The second half of the Tribulation is when God's wrath is poured out on an unbelieving world...

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Selected Jews from each of the twelve tribes to fulfill a mission during the tribulation:
And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.  Rev 7:4
And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.  Rev 7:13-14

The mission during the tribulation is to preach the gospel of the Kingdom to every kindred, tongue, people and nation on earth:
And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth.  Acts 13:47

That, of course is what the Lord has commanded us.

Examples of supernatural salvation, supernatural transportation, and supernatural knowledge of foreign languages:

And as he [Paul] journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:

And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: Acts 9:3-5

And the angel of the Lord spake unto Philip, saying, Arise, and go toward the south unto the way that goeth down from Jerusalem unto Gaza, which is desert.  [The Ethiopian] Was returning, and sitting in his chariot read Esaias the prophet.

Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot. [Philip preached the Gospel to the Ethiopian]
And when they were come up out of the [baptismal] water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing. Acts 8:26-39 excerpts

And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.

Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.  Acts 2:5-6

And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;  Rev 5:9

Some have suggested that more people will be saved during the first half of the tribulation than have been saved in almost 2,000 years.

The some people are almost certainly wrong.  I do not believe there will be any second chance after Jesus returns.

• Members

Absolutely agree to the signs/wonders/miracles during the tribulation. Vast numbers saved-disagree. There will be no salvation then as we have luckily enjoyed during our time. The Spirit will be removed from the earth no longer regenerating flesh. Those who believe must physically demonstrate their faith as in the OT. IE> must refuse the mark and hold faith till the end to be saved. Either martyred or hide and survive hidden.

• Members

For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earthActs 13:47

Examples of supernatural salvation, supernatural transportation, and supernatural linguistic skills:

**We know that God has used/given these supernatural skills already during the Book of Acts, therefore, He can use them again

And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nationRev 5:9

The second half of the Tribulation is when God's wrath is poured out on an unbelieving world...

I have heard that, as well, beameup.  If that were so, does scripture back this up?  I am not trying to argue, just clarify.  Thank you.  :-)

• Members

Amen, John!  God's grace through faith is the key to salvation.  It starts in Genesis and ends in Revelation.

Do you have any thoughts on Tribulation saints after the Rapture?  I think I know the answer.  I just wanted to clarify.

• Members

Saints yesterday, today and tomorrow have all been blessed and aided by our Lord. God never has and never will look upon someone who has placed their trust in Him and then just sat back and left them on their own.

Ephesians 2:8-9 was, is and will be.

• Members

Saints yesterday, today and tomorrow have all been blessed and aided by our Lord. God never has and never will look upon someone who has placed their trust in Him and then just sat back and left them on their own.

Ephesians 2:8-9 was, is and will be.

Amen, John!  I know that when I get out of God's perfect will for my life, the Lord gently pulls me back in.  Praise the Lord!

What I am asking, though, is will there be any non-Jewish martyrs during the Great Tribulation?  And, will some be hiding, as posted above, to escape the Tribulation wrath?  I get confused on this, b/c I know it is the time of Jacob's Trouble. 

I know God will hide 1/3 of the Jews in Petra.  I am just curious of those who aren't Jewish.

• Members

Amen, John!  God's grace through faith is the key to salvation.  It starts in Genesis and ends in Revelation.

Do you have any thoughts on Tribulation saints after the Rapture?  I think I know the answer.  I just wanted to clarify.

I have heard that, as well, beameup.  If that were so, does scripture back this up?  I am not trying to argue, just clarify.  Thank you.  :-)

Very good questions, Candlelight. There is no clear Scripture support for the doctrinal system of:

rapture of believers only;

leaving behind all the Jews & unbelievers;

7 years tribulation during which 144,000 Jewish evangelists convert the nations;

the future slaughter of 2/3 of the Jews;

a future millennium comprising glorified saints & mortals, the latter having families;

a further second coming of Christ to "tidy up" a very confused situation at the end of the future millennium;

etc.

These things are the development of the "dispensational interpretive system" popularised by the dissemination of the "Scofield "Bible"" in the last century.

• Members

Very good questions, Candlelight. There is no clear Scripture support for the doctrinal system of:

rapture of believers only;

leaving behind all the Jews & unbelievers;

7 years tribulation during which 144,000 Jewish evangelists convert the nations;

the future slaughter of 2/3 of the Jews;

a future millennium comprising glorified saints & mortals, the latter having families;

a further second coming of Christ to "tidy up" a very confused situation at the end of the future millennium;

etc.

These things are the development of the "dispensational interpretive system" popularised by the dissemination of the "Scofield "Bible"" in the last century.

Covenanter, just to clarify, I am a Biblicist.  I am not a Dispensationalist.  I do not own a "Scofield Bible."  I believe the Word of God, as it is written in the KJV.

• Members

Amen, John!  I know that when I get out of God's perfect will for my life, the Lord gently pulls me back in.  Praise the Lord!

What I am asking, though, is will there be any non-Jewish martyrs during the Great Tribulation?  And, will some be hiding, as posted above, to escape the Tribulation wrath?  I get confused on this, b/c I know it is the time of Jacob's Trouble. 

I know God will hide 1/3 of the Jews in Petra.  I am just curious of those who aren't Jewish.

How do you know about "petra" occurs in verses in the KJV ? You may not be a "dispensationalist" but your teachers are. Your questions show that you accept disp teaching, but find it confusing.

• Members

How do you know about "petra" occurs in verses in the KJV ? You may not be a "dispensationalist" but your teachers are. Your questions show that you accept disp teaching, but find it confusing.

No, not a dispensationalist Covenanter.  Neither are my teachers.  "Petra" is something I picked up on Facebook years ago.  I did some reseach on it, as well.

• Members

Petra is speculation, and a distorted one at that. A Christian film crew went to Petra and while filming realized they had been totally misled as to the fortification aspects of Petra. While entering from the traditional way and looking from there it seems to be a rocked in fortress with limited access. However, as they proceeded to look around further, there is a "back way" which we don't see in those films claiming Petra is a safe haven. The "back way" is rather wide and offers much easier access than the way we typically see shown in films where they enter through the narrow direction.

That's not to say God couldn't hide someone there if He chose to. God could hide all of us on the plains of Kansas if that was His will. Yet from a practical aspect, the idea that two or more million Jews are going to crowd into that small area and no enemy will be able to find them or get to them, well...

• Members

No, not a dispensationalist Covenanter.  Neither are my teachers.  "Petra" is something I picked up on Facebook years ago.  I did some reseach on it, as well.

candlelight,

The Jews will be with the survivors of Moab at the river ford on the Arnon River 1/3 of the way down the east side Dead Sea.

Isaiah 16:1-5

1 Send ye the lamb (Jesus)to the ruler of the land from Sela to the wilderness, unto the mount of the daughter of Zion.

2For it shall be, that, as a wandering bird cast out of the nest, so the daughters of Moab shall be at the fords of Arnon.

3Take counsel, execute judgment; make thy shadow as the night in the midst of the noonday; hide the outcasts; bewray not him that wandereth.

4Let mine outcasts dwell with thee, Moab; be thou a covert to them from the face of the spoiler: for the extortioner is at an end, the spoiler ceaseth, the oppressors are consumed out of the land.

5And in mercy shall the throne be established: and he(Jesus) shall sit upon it in truth in the tabernacle of David, judging, and seeking judgment, and hasting righteousness.

• Members

candlelight,

The Five Phases of the First Resurrection

(1) Jesus took the Old Testament saints to Heaven at His ascension. Ephesians 4:8 KJV

(2) The Holy Spirit and the church age saints are caught up to heaven before the antichrist Is given power in the Christian nations. 2Thessalonians 2:3-12 KJV,

(3) The mid tribulation catching up will include the two witnesses Revelation 11:3,7-14 KJV, the 144,000 sealed Jews from Revelation chapter 7 who where redeemed from the earth. Revelation 14:1-4 KJV, and the redeemed dead saints from the first half of the Tribulation. See Revelation 15:1-4 KJV

(4) The dead saints from the last half of the tribulation are redeemed from the earth after the tribulation. Revelation 20:4 KJV

(5) The dead saints from the Kingdom age will be judged at the great white throne judgment along with the second resurrection sinners. Revelation 20:11-15 KJV

Archived