• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Duck Dynasty Patriarch Suspended

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've seen the same thing Jerry. Even among Christians and those from churches that once stood strong against alcohol there is a growing number who think it's okay to "drink in moderation" and they openly drink alcohol.

Here we now even have some Baptists who years ago wouldn't have even thought of setting foot in a bar but today they will. From what I've seen and heard, most of these began going into certain bar and grill type places for the good food. Then somewhere along the line they decided there was nothing wrong with drinking alcohol while there for their good food.

This is the main danger of Christians trying to live as close to the world and sin as they can. If they do so long enough eventually some of that will get on them and before long they have compromised their convictions so they can partake in sin and "enjoy" the world while offering unbiblical justifications for their actions.

The Lord calls us to avoid sin, not get as close to it as possible, not to toy with it.

Can you give me an exegesis of Duet. 14:26? In Psalms and Isaiah God calls alcohol a blessing

• Moderators

When my grandmother on my mother's side got married, there was 28 years difference between her age and granddad's age.  He was the older.  25-53

My wife's mom and dad were 20-some years apart, her mom being the younger.

I'm 10 months younger than my wife. For two months out of the year she tells me I'm as old as she is but for the other 10 I point out that she's older than me. :biggrin:

When my Dad was born, his mother was 34 -- his father was 89   

Archived