• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Duck Dynasty Patriarch Suspended

• Members

My hair is, or was, more of a brown with a red tint in the summer, but for some reason my beard always had more red in it. Now my beard has more white.

My hair is mostly brown, or was I should say, at one time it had a red tint to it, someone told me when that happens it means your hair is turning grey. Seems they must have been right, it turned a grey-white color! No brown left at all!

Some people that really bothers them, it never had bothered me. I'm comfortable with it as it is.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I started losing my hair at 16, losing my teeth in my 30's, started losing my memory in my 20's -- buuuttt  c-a-n'-t   q-u-i-t-e   r-e-m-e-m-b-e-r  

e -x-a-c-t-l-y  w-h-e-n            :drool:

Linda keeps telling me I forget lots of things, yet I think she is 100% wrong, I don't remember forgetting anything! 

:icon_mrgreen:

• Members

My hair is, or was, more of a brown with a red tint in the summer, but for some reason my beard always had more red in it. Now my beard has more white.

My Momma called it Auburn.  My beard is mostly white but has many colors in it, the brown head of hair turned gray and white, sounds like yours!

Some people that really bothers them, it never had bothered me. I'm comfortable with it as it is.

Me neither, I think them bald guys are lucky too!  I would have no problem going bald but don't think it'll ever happen.

• Members

I agree, the color of my hair doesn't concern me. I've had some people ask me why I don't use one of those men's products to make the hair and beard look like it used to. Well, I'm not that vain, I don't really care if a different color hair might make me look younger or something. Some men enjoy having women taking note of them so they go to great effort to appear younger and more handsome. I'm married and not interested in attention from other women; and I'm sure my wife wouldn't appreciate it if I wanted to color my hair so other women might think I'm more handsome!

Whatever hair color God determines is fine with me, and even if I went bald, I would accept that too. Unless something happens the bald thing doesn't seem likely, though both of our pastors have thinning hair.

• Members

Well, the color of my hair, is my natural color.  Although, I had to start coloring it in my late 30's.  My husband is almost 6 years younger than me.  He is not going grey anytime soon.  His mom, is just starting to go grey.  His dad is 74, and is just starting to show signs of grey.  If I didn't color my hair, I would look like Joe's grandmother.  :nuts:   Besides, my hubby loves my hair. 

• Members

While I personally don't care what a woman's hair color is, it seems more the way of things for women to color their hair, as even many women do that when they are young so they can constantly be changing their hair color. It seems to go along with women and make-up and such.

For men, it really doesn't seem right to me, and so far all those men I've known who did color their hair were doing so to try and look younger and more handsome so they could catch the eye of younger women.

• Members

While I personally don't care what a woman's hair color is, it seems more the way of things for women to color their hair, as even many women do that when they are young so they can constantly be changing their hair color. It seems to go along with women and make-up and such.

For men, it really doesn't seem right to me, and so far all those men I've known who did color their hair were doing so to try and look younger and more handsome so they could catch the eye of younger women.

I was never the type of woman to go all colors of the rainbow.  ;)  I have lightened it before, but people tell me that they like my natural color.  These people remember me when I was younger, before I had to get rid of the grey color. 

I am sure that Joe will not color his hair, when he does start to go grey.  Like you insinuated, it really isn't a guy thing.

• Members

Also, in our society, women with graying hair are looked at more as a grandma type thing while guys with graying hair are often regarded as more "distinguished" or "mature" looking. Odd, but that's the way it is.

In many other societies, gray hair is a sign of wisdom and maturity and people in their cultures look up to both men and women with gray hair.

• Members

Also, in our society, women with graying hair are looked at more as a grandma type thing while guys with graying hair are often regarded as more "distinguished" or "mature" looking. Odd, but that's the way it is.

In many other societies, gray hair is a sign of wisdom and maturity and people in their cultures look up to both men and women with gray hair.

That's so true, John.  It would be nice if my hubby would start showing some gray.  Looking at both of his parents, though, it might be awhile. 

Yes, I do want to look wise, but with that comes the grandma look.  It isn't easy being married to a younger man, sometimes.  ;)

• Members

My barber has made several comments about the amount of hair I have, he is younger than I & very thin on top, I believe he wishes his hair was thick as mine.

For years I wore a crew cut, sure was nice, never had to worry about combing my hair nor of it getting messed up.

Archived