• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Duck Dynasty Patriarch Suspended

• Members

Early in the show A&E was adding bleeps when there was nothing to bleep in an effort to make the show more appealing. I think the family complained about that enough they finally stopped. Even so, A&E has edited many things from the shows which they thought were "too religious" or "too redneck, conservative, right wing, etc.".

While A&E had no control over the GQ article, they have tried to manipulate the show to "tame" things about the family they don't agree with.

As we can see by the movements within this conflict, this is just as Scripture says, a spiritual battle going on with the Enemy seeking to discredit Scripture and anyone who agrees with the Word. Those matters some are discussing such as free speech, advertiser support, corporate rights, individual rights, censorship and all these things are side issue. Christians should not allow themselves to be distracted as the world is. We should take this opportunity to keep the focus upon the Word of God and the validity of the Word and our call to abide by the Word.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am so glad that I have never watched this show, nor have followed this family.  I hear people talk about them, but never knew who they were.  Just the fact that they have their own wine is enough for me to stay away from this program.  So, Phil said something about sodomy?  While he stood up for this sin, I think his testimony will be blown, as he is a worldly man.  True Christians are not impressed by his message.  The whole idea of them selling their own wine makes me ill.  Sadly, many people don't know what the Bible has to say on wine.

We visited Pittsburgh, PA shortly after Thanksgiving.  It was during the Jewish celebration of Hannukah.  We were in an area called, "Squirrel Hill" which is a highly Orthodox community.  We went into a bookstore, that happened to sell wine, too.  We didn't know we would find wine in a bookstore.  :saywhat:   An Orthodox woman told us how she loved the show "Duck Dynasty" and how they make their own wine.  It is sad, b/c the Jews are not following the scripture on drink in the Book of Deuteronomy, in Torah.  It is as plain as day and they refuse to see it.  Jews are notoriously known for drinking wine on the Jewish Sabbath, while toasting in their kiddish cups, "L'Chiam, which means "To Life."  18 is their favorite "lucky" number.  I don't know why though, or what significance it has in Judaism.  Maybe someone knows.  

• Members

Some folks like reality shows but from what I've seen they are typically filled with cussing and sexual garbage. Thus, when the reality show Duck Dynasty came on there were folks, some of them Christians, who liked the idea of a reality show that wasn't filled with cussing, near naked women and sexual sin.

There are surely other factors as well, but generally Christians watch a TV program for the same reason a lost person does, because they find it entertaining or informative.

I don't watch much TV. Sometimes I'll check the weather or news; once in awhile I'll watch something on the Military Channel or History Channel. Most of the channels we get go unused or only get looked at rarely, and then mostly just flipping channels and maybe looking at something for a quick bit to see what it is and then moving on or shutting the TV off.

I would rather spend more time reading than watching TV.

• Members

Unfortunately, someone from Phil Robertson's Bible study went to the media repeating what he supposedly said during Bible study! Obviously not there for the Bible study! Taking down quotes from Phil instead and sold them to the media. How sad is that?

• Members

Some folks like reality shows but from what I've seen they are typically filled with cussing and sexual garbage. Thus, when the reality show Duck Dynasty came on there were folks, some of them Christians, who liked the idea of a reality show that wasn't filled with cussing, near naked women and sexual sin.

There are surely other factors as well, but generally Christians watch a TV program for the same reason a lost person does, because they find it entertaining or informative.

I don't watch much TV. Sometimes I'll check the weather or news; once in awhile I'll watch something on the Military Channel or History Channel. Most of the channels we get go unused or only get looked at rarely, and then mostly just flipping channels and maybe looking at something for a quick bit to see what it is and then moving on or shutting the TV off.

I would rather spend more time reading than watching TV.

Your right most of them are trashy. Especially the 1st ones to come out, & in those days I did not watch any of them.

I've watched a few yet after just 2 to 4 shows I'm no longer interested in it.

Recently the one about Railroad in Alaska came on. One thing interesting is to see their living conditions. I fail to understand why anyone would live were it get so miserably cold. Them maybe many flock to Alaska years ago to get away from the law.

• Members

Years ago, (back in the 80's ) I was given the chance to buy property in Alaska at just $2 an acre.  You heard me right... two dollars.

The catch?  I had to go in within 2 years, clear enough of the property to build a home on, build that home, and live in the home for at least 5 years after the home was built.

I had the two dollars.  I could've even swung enough for 10 acres of land.  But I could not afford the clearing of the land and building the house.  LOL

Oh well.  I am sure someone bought it.

• Members

'Duck Dynasty' and the New Blacklist
By Patrick J. Buchanan

Tuesday - December 24, 2013

Pope Francis' call for a truce notwithstanding, the culture war rages on in America.

Last week, a Utah judge struck down part of the state's anti-polygamy law, clearing the way for men to marry multiple spouses.

Methodist pastor Frank Schaefer, defrocked for officiating at the same-sex marriage of his son, refused to recant, and joined a Dupont Circle congregation, declaring from the pulpit to repeated ovations Sunday, "Change is coming" to the United Methodist Church.

Major media stories both.

Yet these were skirmishes alongside the culture war clash last week over the remarks to GQ magazine of Phil Robertson, patriarch of the clan of "Duck Dynasty," the wildly popular show on A&E.

Using crude terms, but biblically correct arguments, Robertson told GQ what he thought of homosexuality and moral relativism. Said Robertson:

"Everything is blurred on what's right and what's wrong. Sin becomes fine. ... Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men. ...

"Don't be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexuality offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers -- they won't inherit the kingdom of God. Don't deceive yourself."

The homosexual lobby GLAAD swiftly demanded that Robertson be purged from "Duck Dynasty." And A&E suspended him indefinitely.

The backlash was swift and huge. Followers of "Duck Dynasty," Evangelicals, politicians and free-speech champions arose to defend Robertson's right to speak without punishment. Millions endorsed his views on what the Bible says and Christianity professes and promises.

The battle revealed an immense and intense hostility in Middle America to the moral agenda being imposed by our cultural elites.

While defenders of Robertson invoked the First Amendment, that is not the issue here. No one is denying Robertson his right to speak.

What GLAAD wants to do is to blacklist Robertson, to punish him by taking away his podium, "Duck Dynasty." The gay rights militants cannot silence him, but they do have the power to cost him his job and take away his megaphone so that his vast audience can no longer hear him.

The blacklist of the Truman era did not deny the Hollywood Ten their right to produce movie scripts. It was an agreed-upon Hollywood policy not to commission or to use the work of unrepentant Communists as writers, producers or directors.

Who were the Hollywood Ten? They were closet Communists, secret members of a Communist Party USA, then a wholly owned subsidiary of the greatest mass murderer in history, Joseph Stalin.

And of what were the Hollywood Ten guilty?

When Stalinists were eradicating freedom and exterminating Eastern European Christians and overrunning China and murdering millions, as President Truman tried to rally the forces of freedom, the Hollywood Ten took the Fifth Amendment. They refused to repudiate Communism or name names of fellow Communists who were still reshaping the thinking of America from their upholstered perches in the film industry.

Today, however, the Hollywood Ten are regarded as martyrs, moral heroes. Had they been secret Nazis rather than secret Stalinists in those years, they would likely not be so beloved of the Hollyleft.

Contrast if you will the sins for which Phil Robertson is being blacklisted with those of the Hollywood Ten.

He is a fundamentalist Christian professing his belief in what he holds to be Bible truths about sin, homosexuality, heaven and hell. For so doing, he is being censored by elites who wish to deny him access to the medium they largely control -- television.

And what were the comparable sins of the Hollywood Ten?

They were witting collaborators in a 70-year Communist conspiracy responsible for the murder of millions, which, in the 1940s, looked on the United States of America as the last impediment to world conquest.

In that era, we were agreed that Communism and Communists were the enemies of America and mankind and should be regarded and treated as such.

To our modern moral and cultural elites, it is those who condemn the values of GLAAD who are the enemies of decency and progress who ought to be fired and blacklisted to prevent their poisonous views from being disseminated.

In the Hollywood of the late 1940s, Communism was persona non grata. In the 21st century, biblical Christianity is persona non grata.

No, this is not the America we grew up in. And it is becoming less so.

According to a CNN poll last week, while belief in God and the divinity of Christ is still shared by two-thirds of Americans, that share -- older, more Republican, less educated -- is falling.

Worldwide, too, Christianity at Christmas 2013 seems in a long retreat. Receding slowly in America, and moribund in Europe, Christianity is undergoing merciless persecutions in Africa and the Middle East -- from Nigeria to the Central African Republic to Egypt, Syria and Iraq.

Compared to these folks suffering martyrdom for the faith, we have it easy here.

So, Sursum Corda. Lift up your hearts. And Merry Christmas.

Read more at: http://buchanan.org/blog/duck-dynasty-new-blacklist-6136

• Members

PETITION TO THE A&E NETWORK DEMANDING THE IMMEDIATE REINSTATEMENT OF DUCK DYNASTY’S PHIL ROBERTSON — #ISTANDWITHPHIL

If you care to support them you can do so here.

Twitter briefly blocks pro-Phil Robertson site IStandWithPhil.com

A&E celebrates Christmas with ‘Duck Dynasty’ super marathon

The channel is celebrating Christmas with a staggering 25 consecutive episodes of their No. 1 show, beginning at 3:30 p.m. on Christmas Day and running until the wee hours of Dec. 26.

According to the schedule on A&E’s website, the Robertsons will take over the channel until 4 a.m., and then paid programming —meaning infomercials—will kick in.

And don’t think controversial papa Phil will be left out of the Christmas Day airings. He is a key character in plenty of the episodes scheduled to air, including “Quack-O-Lantern” and “Drag me to Glory.”

For Christmas, A&E is just giving the fans what they want, said Cate Meighan, senior writer for Celeb Dirty Laundr

• Members

One of them is partnered with some vineyard/winemaker and is now selling his own brand "Duck Commander" wines. That's in addition to them choosing to look worse than hippies with long hair. I doubt they would have as much popularity if they looked more like Christian men should look.  I don't watch 'duck dynasty' and don't care to. But I do agree with "Phil's" speaking out against sodomy....whichever one Phil is.

You mean if they looked like this? Quite a difference! You're right, it might be a little hard to sell their items to hunters if they still looked like preppies.  :nuts:

The mom and sons...

8C9407762-131017-ent-duckdynasty3-hmed.b

Willie and family...

9-willie-and-korie-robertson-beach-duck-

• Members

I don't know. I know LOTs of hunters with clean short haircuts, including my two sons and all their friends. Besides, if you traipse. Through the thick woods around here looking those duck dudes, you're liable to get it caught in a 'wait-a-minute. vine'.

Archived