• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Ifb Is A Cult?

Miss Daisy

• Members

This is in response to those who don't like to include the 'fundamental' into the description of their church or beliefs. I'm proud to call myself an independent, fundamental Baptist! After reading up on what is meant by the word fundamental means to IB's. It means we don't believe in the modernism taking over other churches. That we don't believe the Bible needs to be reinterpreted for today's meaning or language. That we hold to the Bible being the true Word of God, not just the ramblings of men. We believe Jesus is the son of God, not just a good man with good ideals, or a prophet.

If we drop words from our description you're giving over to the devil to make us sound more palatable to others. Aren't we called to be separated? Not try to blend in better to another's perception of the meaning of the word? There will always be churches or people who use the IFB description and will bring shame to it. (westboro) But a few bad apples in the bunch cannot stop true NT churches or members to be used to glorify His Name not ours.

We have some here that do not like the name Baptist, & perhaps they frown on people who use it. The people called Baptist has a very rich history, many of them died for the same beliefs we teach today & they still get put down even today, sometimes even persecuted.

And to think this is a Baptist forum, entitled "Online Baptist An Independent Baptist Community Since 2002!"

Maybe they want Brother Matt to take Baptist out of its name calling it "Online An Independent Community Since 2002!" That way when someone see's it they want think of Jesus or a Christian Community.

I'm a Baptist by choice.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Still can't use the Quote feature...

John are you referring to the quote button at the bottom of the post or the quote mark on the editing bar?

I have no problem with the first, but sometimes I do not get the editing features.  If the latter is the case, click on "View Auto Saved Content" at the bottom of your post.  Then "Restore Content" and you should have the editing bar including the Quote button. It is the one before the (twitter?)

• Members

Do you know how I can figure out what version of IE I'm using?

I use Windows 7 with Firefox. I can find my version by using the "Programs and Features"; which is found in the Control Panel of Windows. Let us know if it works or you need further info.

• Members

Okay.  I got it.  Obviously, I am not arguing with the Word of God, Jerry.  I just agree with lefton, that we don't know the actual figure.  Only God knows that.

Sorry, but I must say this, I did not give no actual figure, I only used the words few & many, by your statement above you seem to be saying you totally disagree with me, that is by what you say it seems to imply I did not use Bible words..

Mt 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Mt 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

And as you can clearly see I only used Bible words, Bible words out of the KJ Bible. I did not set no certain numbers.

• Members

It seems my system upgraded to IE 11. That's not good because our company changed their website and for some reason IE 11 won't work with their new website.  

You can use System Restore to remove your last update, & if IE was working properly before the update it will again work properly again.

I had trouble sometime back & an update messed up my computer, I used System Restore, it fixed the problem.

About two weeks later I applied the update again, & all was well.

Are you could download Chrome & use it.

If you do not know how to use system restore do a search, how do I use system restore on Windows --------- whatever Windows you have.

For instants, I would place Windows 7 after the word search.

are Windows XP after the word search.

are Windows Vista after the word search.

If I can be of help send me a PM, & I will try to help you on this matter.

• Members

Kitagrl, fundamentalist is not a cuss word. Just because some people don't like God fearing Christians is no reason to drop it to make yourself or church seem more appealing to outside world. If you stand for nothing, you'll fall for everything, as the saying goes.

• Members

Kitagrl, fundamentalist is not a cuss word. Just because some people don't like God fearing Christians is no reason to drop it to make yourself or church seem more appealing to outside world. If you stand for nothing, you'll fall for everything, as the saying goes.

Your right.

And when I read verses from the Bible at church I read them as they are, & that's the way I've heard everyone else do down thought my 67 years of life on this earth. In fact I used one of them just this past Sunday. This one right here.

Heb 12:8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

When pointing out if your living in sin & you receive no chastisement from our Lord that means your bastards & not a son or daughter of God, nor are you a brother or sister of Jesus Christ. For if your living in sin & Jesus is your Savior you will receive chastisement because of it.

No one complained nor handed out any chastisement to me.

I guess I should change my name, there's a man that lives in the town down the highway from me, & another one in a town about 16 miles north of that town in another town. Both of them has the same very same name as I including middle name & they're always in bad trouble with their names in the paper several times each year. Maybe I need to think about dropping my name being as I'm a pastor & they're making this name I carry become so soiled.

With that said others can do as they chose, as they please, & I will do what I think is right while defending why I do so. If our church started dropping names off of it no one would know what we stand for & might think we have done went liberal as many others have done. Perhaps even thinking we have joined the homosexual movement as others have & stopped claiming one is only saved by grace though faith.

• Members

Sorry, but I must say this, I did not give no actual figure, I only used the words few & many, by your statement above you seem to be saying you totally disagree with me, that is by what you say it seems to imply I did not use Bible words..

Mt 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Mt 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

And as you can clearly see I only used Bible words, Bible words out of the KJ Bible. I did not set no certain numbers.

Jerry, I already said it was the figure of 5% that John heard someone say.  If it made it seem that way, I didn't do it on purpose.  God knows the heart of man, not man.

Yes, I know you do.  You always use the KJB when quoting things.  I appreciate that.

Archived