• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

While Reading My Bible Yesterday...

candlelight

• Members

I like your analogy, Jerry.  I got so exhausted, on Facebook, trying to help people come out of false doctrine.  I gave them the Word of God and explained to them where they were in error.  One thing that can be said about people is "they are stuck in their ways."  Even if those ways send them to hell.  It is so hard to break the chains that Satan has on them.  I pray the blinders come off their eyes.  When someone is locked into a certain unbiblical doctrine, they tend to block out any type of clear thought they should have on correct Bible doctrine.  I know that Satan is responsible for some of this, but it is also that people just don't want to hear truth.  I will continue to give the scriptures to the lost, as I am back on Facebook.  I have been witnessing to two close friends for awhile, and thought going back on might be the best thing to do.  At least, I believe it is what the Lord Jesus wants me to do.  What saves a person?  The Word of God.  :icon_smile:  

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like your analogy, Jerry.  I got so exhausted, on Facebook, trying to help people come out of false doctrine.  I gave them the Word of God and explained to them where they were in error.  One thing that can be said about people is "they are stuck in their ways."  Even if those ways send them to hell.  It is so hard to break the chains that Satan has on them.  I pray the blinders come off their eyes.  When someone is locked into a certain unbiblical doctrine, they tend to block out any type of clear thought they should have on correct Bible doctrine.  I know that Satan is responsible for some of this, but it is also that people just don't want to hear truth.  I will continue to give the scriptures to the lost, as I am back on Facebook.  I have been witnessing to two close friends for awhile, and thought going back on might be the best thing to do.  At least, I believe it is what the Lord Jesus wants me to do.  What saves a person?  The Word of God.  :icon_smile:  

1 Cor 1:21 tells us ".......it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe"

Rom 10:14 tells us ".....and how shall hear without a preacher?"

• Members

I've come to the conclusion that most people like that are trying to convince their self, much more so that trying to convince you, of course misery loves company! Those who go through the broad wide gate will have plenty of company.

At times we need to abide by Tit 3:10, yet I suppose at other times we need to keep defending our Lord for the sake of others that might be reading the conservation that's taking place on a forum & or some other place.

We just need to try & discern when to stop, & went to keep going, at times that can be very difficult for us mere humans.

• Members

1 Cor 1:21 tells us ".......it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe"

Rom 10:14 tells us ".....and how shall hear without a preacher?"

I said not one word against preaching the Word.

Do you ignore these verses?

Tit 3:9 ¶ But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.
Tit 3:10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;
Tit 3:11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.

Lots of people do.

• Members

I've come to the conclusion that most people like that are trying to convince their self, much more so that trying to convince you, of course misery loves company! Those who go through the broad wide gate will have plenty of company.

At times we need to abide by Tit 3:10, yet I suppose at other times we need to keep defending our Lord for the sake of others that might be reading the conservation that's taking place on a forum & or some other place.

We just need to try & discern when to stop, & went to keep going, at times that can be very difficult for us mere humans.

Agreed, Jerry.  They do try to convince themselves more than they are trying to convince me or anyone else.  Saldy, hell is the destination for these people, if they do not heed the Word of God.

Yes, we certainly do.  Titus 3:10 is a great verse for that.  I also use that scripture when dealing with false prophets.  So true.  Others are reading the threads.  That is the reason I keep going on.  In fact, the childhood friend that I have been witnessing to, on Facebook, came to me in private messages b/c of this.

Amen!  The words "vain babblings" come to my mind.

• Members

I said not one word against preaching the Word.

Do you ignore these verses?

Tit 3:9 ¶ But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.
Tit 3:10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;
Tit 3:11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.

Lots of people do.

"I said not one word against preaching the Word" . My post was in response to what Candlelight had to say;  "What saves a person?  The Word of God.  :icon_smile:".  The verses shown support what Candlelight had to say.  :bang:  :bang:  :bang: 

• Members

"I said not one word against preaching the Word" . My post was in response to what Candlelight had to say;  "What saves a person?  The Word of God.  :icon_smile:".  The verses shown support what Candlelight had to say.  :bang:  :bang:  :bang:

Sorry, but even though the reply was not to me it seemed to be saying I refused to preach by bringing up these verses.

• Members

Sorry, but even though the reply was not to me it seemed to be saying I refused to preach by bringing up these verses.

Sorry to interject, Bro K.  Since I started this thread, I thought I would do this.

Jerry, Bro K, in no way was saying that you refused to preach by bringing up these verses.  He was talking to me, as he stated.  I don't know where you got that idea from.  :puzzled3:

• Members

Sorry to interject, Bro K.  Since I started this thread, I thought I would do this.

Jerry, Bro K, in no way was saying that you refused to preach by bringing up these verses.  He was talking to me, as he stated.  I don't know where you got that idea from.  :puzzled3:

See my post right above yours, >post number 37.

• Members

I saw it Brother Jerry, but I still believe that BroK was referring to me with what he said not you.  He even posted that to you. 

BroK said:

"I said not one word against preaching the Word" . My post was in response to what Candlelight had to say; "What saves a person? The Word of God. :icon_smile:". The verses shown support what Candlelight had to say. :bang: :bang: :bang:

Archived