• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Beliefs About Women

• Members

Women are different. You can't lump them all together.

#1. My Wife is a treasure....some women, I wouldn't give you :02: for.
#2 My Wife is trustworthy; she does what she says, I don't have to worry about her, I can count on her....some women are not that way. They are more interested in self, So a man can never be at ease with them.
#3 My wife is industrious; she does things for people, teaches Sunday School, keeps up the house, loves to make things with her hands, loves to garden...some women are lazy
#4 My Wife is a giver...alot of women are takers
#5 My Wife honours asnd encourages me....some women run their mouth, constantly nag and complain, cut down, and undermine their husbands. They don't realize they are only hurting themselves becasue they are not encouraging their man to be his best. They are in effect "Tearing their house down with their hands"

Yes, I can honestly say, ONE good woman is worth FAR more than all the rubies int he world.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Women are different. You can't lump them all together.

#1. My Wife is a treasure....some women, I wouldn't give you :02: for.
#2 My Wife is trustworthy; she does what she says, I don't have to worry about her, I can count on her....some women are not that way. They are more interested in self, So a man can never be at ease with them.
#3 My wife is industrious; she does things for people, teaches Sunday School, keeps up the house, loves to make things with her hands, loves to garden...some women are lazy
#4 My Wife is a giver...alot of women are takers
#5 My Wife honours asnd encourages me....some women run their mouth, constantly nag and complain, cut down, and undermine their husbands. They don't realize they are only hurting themselves becasue they are not encouraging their man to be his best. They are in effect "Tearing their house down with their hands"

Yes, I can honestly say, ONE good woman is worth FAR more than all the rubies int he world.

:thumb::amen:

• Members

1. Women are to be their husbands help meat - and it is what most truly desire, but don't fully understand

2. Women are the weaker vessel - and they should be treated as such by the appropriate leading of their husband

3. Women are often very wise in their intuition - even if they can't explain it at times or it is for the "wrong" reasons - they should be listened to and encouraged to advise their husband's decision making

4. Women desire togetherness, unity, and understanding just as the desire to share these with others

5. Women have a sixth sense for nurturing and caring for children in the physical and emotional, but, often (not always), lack the will to discern spiritually when it is time to excercise the use of the rod of correction

I could certainly list others, but I will stop at my five.

God Bless All,

Futurehope

Actually, one more - without women, our world as men would often be disorganized, careless, and lacking love for oneanother - notice that God never had to tell the woman to love her husband, but did have to tell the man to love his wife.

• Members

1. Women are to be their husbands help meat - and it is what most truly desire, but don't fully understand

2. Women are the weaker vessel - and they should be treated as such by the appropriate leading of their husband

3. Women are often very wise in their intuition - even if they can't explain it at times or it is for the "wrong" reasons - they should be listened to and encouraged to advise their husband's decision making

4. Women desire togetherness, unity, and understanding just as the desire to share these with others

5. Women have a sixth sense for nurturing and caring for children in the physical and emotional, but, often (not always), lack the will to discern spiritually when it is time to excercise the use of the rod of correction

I could certainly list others, but I will stop at my five.

God Bless All,

Futurehope

Actually, one more - without women, our world as men would often be disorganized, careless, and lacking love for oneanother - notice that God never had to tell the woman to love her husband, but did have to tell the man to love his wife.

Titus 2:4 That they may teach the young women to be sOBer, to love their husbands, to love their children,

• Members

Gleaned from Proverbs 31, I found a few things a woman needs...
...to feel appreciated
...to feel trusted
...hOBbies, skills, to develop her talents, to be busy
...to feel needed
...to be a leader
...female companionship
...to experience mercy, to be forgiven
...a sense of accomplishment
...nice clothes, and modesty
...to please, respect and honour her husband
...security
...praise: to be complimented on
...her husband's and children's respect and honour
...salvation and a relationship with God

• Members

Just a little annoyance here... :frog:

"Help meet" is a noun and an adjective. It isn't all one word or one noun.

"Meet" (not "meat" :wink ) means suitable. God made a helper that was suitable to Adam because when he looked around at all the animals, he noticed there wasn't another creature that was like him.

• Members

I have noticed that most of the men's posts about their beliefs concerning women are in relation to the differences between men and women. I really can't make the same distinctions personally. I believe that women are no different from men in that they are the specific creatures of God which God chose to redeem to himself. They have different roles in the over all scheme of creation, but that is not a belief of mine, but merely a fact of life. I wasn't really in contact with females until college, as I had no close female friends and I went to an all boys school. However, I can list a few "beliefs" that I had about women before I really got to know a few (these are not my current beliefs, however I do believe that several men hold on to these stereotypes):

1. Decision making based on emotion rather than reason
2. Irrational
3. Made for man's pleasure
4. Not good at math
5. Inherently immoral (I used to believe that every single woman was either inherently immoral or that their morals were easily corruptible (Socrates elaborated on this idea), i.e., it was the responsibility of men to instill morality in women or else they had no hope)

Of course, these were my views when I was an imature brat. Sadly though, I believe that many men still hold these beliefs. I also think that many person's beliefs about women will be conditioned by the women they are exposed to.

• Members

I have noticed that most of the men's posts about their beliefs concerning women are in relation to the differences between men and women. I really can't make the same distinctions personally. I believe that women are no different from men in that they are the specific creatures of God which God chose to redeem to himself. They have different roles in the over all scheme of creation, but that is not a belief of mine, but merely a fact of life. I wasn't really in contact with females until college, as I had no sisters or close female friends and I went to an all boys school. However, I can list a few "beliefs" that I had about women before I really got to know a few (these are not my current beliefs, however I do believe that several men hold on to these stereotypes):

2. Irrational
4. Not good at math
5. Inherently immoral (I used to believe that every single woman was either inherently immoral or that their morals were easily corruptible (Socrates elaborated on this idea), i.e., it was the responsibility of men to instill morality in women or else they had no hope)

Of course, these were my views when I was an imature brat. Sadly though, I believe that many men still hold these beliefs. I also think that many person's beliefs about women will be conditioned by the women they are exposed to.

I have known very few men that held the beliefs you've cited above. Pretty sad commentary as it is prOBably true that there are a fair amount that do believe that.

I have found some of the best leaders and managers that I've worked for in the professional world to be women.

• Members

I have known very few men that held the beliefs you've cited above. Pretty sad commentary as it is prOBably true that there are a fair amount that do believe that.

I have found some of the best leaders and managers that I've worked for in the professional world to be women.

I agree. Some of the best attorneys I know are women. In fact, I would venture to say that quite a few work harder than their male counterparts if only to refute the beliefs the men have about them.

• Administrators

2. Irrational
4. Not good at math

Interesting list, pt. I'd like to comment on each one, as a woman.

1: Women are emotional beings. Our basic makeup is emotional. That is the way God made us. So, many times our decisions are based on emotion.

Men make their decisions based on reason, mostly. That is one of the reasons a man and a woman make a good team. Decisions that are jointly made (yes, with the man making the final one...) can be discussed from both angles - because in any decision, there is both emotion and reason needed.

God knew what He was doing when He created women to be emotional based beings and men to be rational based beings. That's not to say women can't be rational and men can't be emotional.

2. I think the idea that women are irrational comes from the knowledge of the woman's emotional makeup. A good husband will realize that his wife is an emotional being - but will also realize that she is quite capable of rationality as well.

Many men believe that when a woman weeps, she is being irrational. And yet, she is merely responding in the way God made her. Some women weep more easily than others, but the majority of women have tender hearts. Ignorant men scoff at that and call it irrational. That's not very rational of them! :lol:

3. Made for men's pleasure - This idea actually comes from the ungodly world, and Christian men who have adopted it have done so out of the flesh. Women were actually made to be helps to their men - filling a need that God created that only a woman can fill. That is one of the reasons that opposites attract. Woman is a completer to man.

The Bible tells us that man is the image and glory of God, but woman is the glory of man...because she was created for him. Not solely to give him pleasure, but, as has been said, as his help, meet for his needs (as he also meets her needs).

4. Not good at math - I honestly don't know where this idea came from, but I know it does exist. There are a great number of women who are very good at math (and science). My mother is. I'm not. My strength is in the language arts, history, etc. My hubby is great at math. Our son is good at math - better than he believes, but he doesn't like it. He prefers history, etc.

5. It's funny, but I never, ever heard that women were inherently immoral (of course, we all are sinners). The thought in this country used to be that women were more spiritual and less immoral naturally than men. That's why even rough men of yesteryear were careful around women - out of respect for them. Even as I was growing up, the idea was that boys would sow their wild oats, but most young ladies wouldn't. Over time that has changed, though - and I personally believe it is due, in very large part, to the women's lib movement.

I'm glad, pt, that you don't hold to most of these ideas any more. It really does put a kink into even friendships between men and women when men view women in this light. (although it is the responsibility of fathers to instill morality in their children - both male and female, as well as the responsibility of the mother)

• Members

Interesting list, pt. I'd like to comment on each one, as a woman.

1: Women are emotional beings. Our basic makeup is emotional. That is the way God made us. So, many times our decisions are based on emotion.

Men make their decisions based on reason, mostly. That is one of the reasons a man and a woman make a good team. Decisions that are jointly made (yes, with the man making the final one...) can be discussed from both angles - because in any decision, there is both emotion and reason needed.

God knew what He was doing when He created women to be emotional based beings and men to be rational based beings. That's not to say women can't be rational and men can't be emotional.

2. I think the idea that women are irrational comes from the knowledge of the woman's emotional makeup. A good husband will realize that his wife is an emotional being - but will also realize that she is quite capable of rationality as well.

Many men believe that when a woman weeps, she is being irrational. And yet, she is merely responding in the way God made her. Some women weep more easily than others, but the majority of women have tender hearts. Ignorant men scoff at that and call it irrational. That's not very rational of them! :lol:

3. Made for men's pleasure - This idea actually comes from the ungodly world, and Christian men who have adopted it have done so out of the flesh. Women were actually made to be helps to their men - filling a need that God created that only a woman can fill. That is one of the reasons that opposites attract. Woman is a completer to man.

The Bible tells us that man is the image and glory of God, but woman is the glory of man...because she was created for him. Not solely to give him pleasure, but, as has been said, as his help, meet for his needs (as he also meets her needs).

4. Not good at math - I honestly don't know where this idea came from, but I know it does exist. There are a great number of women who are very good at math (and science). My mother is. I'm not. My strength is in the language arts, history, etc. My hubby is great at math. Our son is good at math - better than he believes, but he doesn't like it. He prefers history, etc.

5. It's funny, but I never, ever heard that women were inherently immoral (of course, we all are sinners). The thought in this country used to be that women were more spiritual and less immoral naturally than men. That's why even rough men of yesteryear were careful around women - out of respect for them. Even as I was growing up, the idea was that boys would sow their wild oats, but most young ladies wouldn't. Over time that has changed, though - and I personally believe it is due, in very large part, to the women's lib movement.

I'm glad, pt, that you don't hold to most of these ideas any more. It really does put a kink into even friendships between men and women when men view women in this light. (although it is the responsibility of fathers to instill morality in their children - both male and female, as well as the responsibility of the mother)

When I was in school a very respected researcher propelled this argument based on an experiment he had conducted with high school students across the country. He found that, no matter the socioeconomic make up of the schools, one constant was the same: overall, the males performed better at math than the females. Our school couldn't compare the theory to ouselves, as their were no females, however we did discuss the finding. This is prOBably where I got the idea, and in retrospect I see how foolish it was considering I didn't know a single female that had scored worse than me on a math test. :icon_mrgreen:

• Administrators

When I was in school a very respected researcher propelled this argument based on an experiment he had conducted with high school students across the country. He found that, no matter the socioeconomic make up of the schools, one constant was the same: overall, the males performed better at math than the females. Our school couldn't compare the theory to ouselves, as their were no females, however we did discuss the finding. This is prOBably where I got the idea, and in retrospect I see how foolish it was considering I didn't know a single female that had scored worse than me on a math test. :icon_mrgreen:

I know when I was in school, very few of the girls were interested in math - but a lot of that, I think, was because most of us just didn't want to put forth the effort, not because we weren't capable. :lol: Math is a logical number language, so perhaps the idea that women are emotionally based worked into this myth - you know, emotion and logic don't mix. :smilie_loco:4 Funny thing is, foreign languages all follow a logic, and women are usually better at languages than most men! :icon_mrgreen: Maybe it's 'cause our ears are prettier! :lol: