• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Baton Rouge Christmas Parade 2013

2T3:16

• Members

Baton Rouge Christmas Parade 2013: Was joined by a black teenage preacher boy at the parade. He said a very Louisiana "You know when a hurricane is comin' but you don't know when Jesus is gonna come." ... one parade watcher was stopping his ears but hugged the teenage boy before walking off a little later. A gentleman had his picture taken with me holding a sign that said "Humbug on Santa Claus and Santa does not know if you been good or bad But GOD DOES so repent for Heaven's Sake!" windy, some rain ... the parade was loud (speakers on cars/bands) ... still spoke to some people, gave out some tracts ... a salvation army guy criticized the sign ... about how santa gives the world joy and I was ruining that ... got to remind him (and all those nearby) that Jesus Christ is the real source of joy and then I reminded him of how the salvation army was started by an open air preacher and the original salvation army message was repent and believe.

• Members

Praise the Lord for seeds sown!

I recall a couple of years ago some preacher saying something like, "This isn't the time (Christmas season) to be talking about sin, telling people they need to repent, talking about heaven and hell, telling people they need to be born again." He then declared that this time of year is a time to forget all that and other stressful things and just enjoy the magic of Christmas. Wow!

How sad that there are so many lost preachers out there hindering folks from hearing what they need to hear.

Praise the Lord for those who spread the Gospel of Christ no matter what others may think.

• Members

Amen, 2 T3:16!  Praise the Lord for this preacher boy!  :)

Unfortunatley, that is what some preachers are doing John.  :(  This is the best time of year to spread the gospel to the lost and lift up the saints... with scriptures of our awesome Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.  Easter (Resurrection Sunday) is also another great time of the year to do this.  Weddings and funerals are also great places to share the gospel.  However, The Great Commission is not an option for believers, it is a commandment.  Sharing the Word of God, with all people, as much as we can humanly do it... is what we as saints should be doing daily.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

The youth and I went out to our city's Candy Cane Lane last night and passed out candy canes attached to tracts. Most people were in vehicles, but they would roll down their windows and take them! Pretty cool - literally, too.  It was -27 with the wind chill and we about froze. But very  much worthwhile!

Archived