• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Is There Enough Room For You?

2T3:16

• Members

Modern Versions Anthropomorhize God's Universe

Physicists have more vision for the universe than the modern version translators. While physicists talk about quantum mechanics, worm holes, and multiple dimensions the modern translators are relegating God's omnipotent power into the space of a more mangeable room. Yes, your future is being made into a jail cell rather than a mansion by the modern versioners.

When we look in the King James Bible we see the comfoting text in John 14:

1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.

Yes, in MY FATHER's HOUSE there are MANY mansions. A house containing mansions is worthy of an inconcievable BIG omnipotent God of a deep rich universe. How do you fit mansions in a house? A house, or mansion, doesn't just have rooms. A mansion has rooms with purpose ... bathrooms and kitchens and bedrooms and living rooms and anD aND AND MORE!

What do the modern versions say we have to look forward to?

The New Living translation says:

Jhn 14:2 There is more than enough room in my Father’s home. ...

Sounds crowded but an omnopetent wonderful God will manage to make room for you. Really? Someone coming to visit for the holiday and what do you say? "We have more than enough room for you." (It will be an inconvenience but we'll make it happen so you can spend the night.)

the New International Version says:

John 14:2 My Father’s house has many rooms;...

the English Standard version says:

John 14:2 In my Father’s house are many rooms.

Our inconcievable God now has a house with many rooms. We go from mansions to rooms. Who is the god of the NIV bible? Who is the god of the ESV bible? Can they sing "My God is so big so strong and so mighty there's nothing my God cannot do"? Folks a mansion is not a room. Mansions speak of a non-human God's conception for us and rooms speak of a conceivable, to man, future for us.

Not all versions do this in the verse. The NKJV leaves the verse largely unchanged. Several versions do some justice to John 14:2 and give God the honor he deserves. The problem is, that most modern versions do this kind of thing somewhere. We do not honor God by giving publishers that serve money, mammon, to relegate God's power from multiple mansions down to maybe enough room for you. The King James Bible honors God.

• Members

This is something I've noticed over the years and pondered. I find it amazing some preachers will say the KJB got it wrong using the word "mansion" and usually say something to the effect that the "original" wording simply means rooms. This often leads to them preaching about each of us having rooms of our own, with some claiming that some of us may have more rooms than others based upon our works on earth. I've typically found the way their sermon goes really does seem as if they are greatly limiting what God says we have to look forward to and in effect limiting the inheritance God is willing to give us.

So, is our infinite, almighty God going to give us each a mansion (as the KJB says) or are we to be expecting what seems to amount to an apartment (as some MVs suggest)?

As for me and my house...we'll stand with what the KJB says.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived