• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

I Pray On My Knees

Left the Bldg

• Members

I pray on my knees to you God.

I pray on my knees.  It makes me humble.

I pray on my knees.  It makes me submit.

I pray on my knees.  It bring me to worship You.

I pray on my knees.  You soften my heart.

I pray on my knees.  I am aware You are in control.

I pray on my knees.  The deceiver trembles.

I pray on my knees.  You give me peace.

To You Lord Jesus, my Savior and God, I pray on my knees. 

Written by LauraJones after praying on my knees.

• Members

I haven't been on my knees for a long time.  I know we have access to God wherever we are and at all times, but sometimes we just need to get on our knees.  

Absolutely. We can pray to God in any position but sometimes I feel very much led to pray on my knees. Sometimes I need to lift holy hands toward heaven, sometimes my eyes are looking up, sometimes my head is bowed. I try to follow the leading of the Spirit to direct me in this.

• Members

I don't get on my knees much either when praying because it's painful and hard to get up! Sometimes I'm just moved to do it and always feel better when I get up! I did tonight too. Wouldn't mind padded  kneeling benches like the Catholics have at my church!

• Members

I don't get on my knees much either when praying because it's painful and hard to get up! Sometimes I'm just moved to do it and always feel better when I get up! I did tonight too. Wouldn't mind padded  kneeling benches like the Catholics have at my church!

I used a pillow.  :-)

• Members

Absolutely. We can pray to God in any position but sometimes I feel very much led to pray on my knees. Sometimes I need to lift holy hands toward heaven, sometimes my eyes are looking up, sometimes my head is bowed. I try to follow the leading of the Spirit to direct me in this.

Yes.  I started with my head down and then my head looking up.

• Members

My knees aren't what they used to be either. I only get on my knees for praying when the Spirit leads, and if possible I drop a pillow on the floor for my knees. It does seem that when I'm obedient in prayer this way my knees don't seem to bother me as much as they typically would after being in such a position. God is good!

• Members

Right now I feel comforted by knowing that sometimes I don't even know exactly WHAT to pray for, for my problem, but that the Holy Spirit intercedes for us to the Lord knowing just what it is that we do need to be praying for even  if we can't explain it or verbalize it.

• Members

Right now I feel comforted by knowing that sometimes I don't even know exactly WHAT to pray for, for my problem, but that the Holy Spirit intercedes for us to the Lord knowing just what it is that we do need to be praying for even  if we can't explain it or verbalize it.

Amen! Just this afternoon as I was praying I began trying to pray about a matter I just couldn't figure out how or what to pray. I finally just sighed and prayed in truth that I didn't know what to say or how to even approach the matter and asked the Holy Spirit to intercede. What a great comfort!

• Members

Amen! Just this afternoon as I was praying I began trying to pray about a matter I just couldn't figure out how or what to pray. I finally just sighed and prayed in truth that I didn't know what to say or how to even approach the matter and asked the Holy Spirit to intercede. What a great comfort!

Yes.  Me too.  I had several things I needed to be open with God about and all I could do was cry.  No.  I wept.  Maybe it is PMS.  LOL!

• Members

Yes.  Me too.  I had several things I needed to be open with God about and all I could do was cry.  No.  I wept.  Maybe it is PMS.  LOL!

I rarely cry, but over the past 25 or so years the few times I've shed some tears were while I was praying.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't PMS! :biggrin:

Archived