• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

Standing Firm In Christ

Who Are You Worshiping This Christmas Season?

So many people look forward to this time of year. "Honor the newborn King!" they say excitedly.

Where is this newborn King that they want me to honor, to worship, to adore? I know of no such King born this year.

Friends, Christ is no longer a baby in a manger. What are you doing? We are not told to worship a baby. There is no more Baby Jesus. Let's just set the record straight. The Baby Jesus that was born 2017 years ago grew up, died according to the Scriptures, was buried, and rose from the dead three days later according to the Scriptures.

He is no longer a Baby lying in a manger. He is no longer an infant being honored by three wise men. He is no longer a child answering questions in a Temple.

He is our ever-present Lord and King. Sitting in Heaven, awaiting the time when His Father says, "Go, bring My children Home!"

Friends, Honor the risen King of Glory, not a Baby that is no longer there. Christians say they choose to honor Christ's birthday on December 25th each year. Tell me, when your parents honor your birthday by bringing you presents, when your spouse or children have a birthday party for you, do you dress up as a baby for the party? Do your appear to your friends and family as a baby on your birthday? Would you want people to see you as a baby on your birthday?

Of course not!

Well, what makes you want to honor Christ as a Baby if you wouldn't want to be treated like a baby yourself?

Christ is no longer a baby in a manger. Worship Him for who He is, not what He is not.

We don't worship a newborn. But we do celebrate the fact that He was born.

I can agree with that.

But sadly, I see so many say "Worship the Newborn King with us," or "Come worship the Christ Child!"

Even my twin sister said something like that the other day.  Someone else will have to correct her though.  A profit is without honor in his own country.  Every time I get into a Biblical discussion with her she gets hostile.  Partly because she defends the many perversions out there and cannot stand the KJV.

Some of the songs written for the season do mention Him as newborn.  Unless we write our own, though....

My absolute favorite seasonal song is "Emmanuel."  The only thing missing is the resurrection, but when the song is sung at our nurshing home, it's followed by a message on the reason He was born, so it's all tied in.

Who is this baby lying asleep where cattle feed

Who is this babe that merits not a bed?
As angel choirs proclaim the glory of His name
And wise men by the star to Him are led?

He’s Emmanuel,
The God of all the ages clothed in human flesh
To die in sinners’ stead.
Though He was God yet He was pleased to live on earth with men.
But why these swaddling clothes, this cattle stall,
And why this manger bed?

Who is this weary man sitting down upon a well
Too busy with the souls of men to eat?
Who is this man that’s sleeping in tempest-driven boat
Until aroused it’s glory to defeat?

He’s Emmanuel,
Salvation to complete.
Though He was God yet He was pleased to live on earth with men.
But why no palaces, no pillow soft,
And why these weary feet?

Who is this man they’re mocking with thorns upon His brow?
Who is this one deserves such cruelty?
Who is this man suspended on yonder rugged cross,
The object of such shame and blasphemy?

He’s Emmanuel,
To bleed and die for me.
Though He was God yet He was pleased to live on earth with men,
But why these cruel nails, this mocking crowd,
And why this fallen tree?

He’s Emmanuel.

I hear you about family getting hostile!  It's interesting: I don't even have to say anything to some people. They get hostile if I'm just sitting there as they say/do something unbiblical...

Honoring Christ's birthday if not accurate date or using an infant for display is incorrect at least it DOES remind people what the holiday's main reason of celebration is JESUS grown up or in a manger. If may be the ONLY time someone thinks of Jesus all year. Don't nitpick because he's in a nativity or as a baby. Every facet of Christianity is never and will never be correct for everyone. If a nativity in my yard or store makes just one person think of Jesus, then praise God!

As soon as you can show me this "newborn King" that people are infatuated over, I'll consider your statement.

We are to worship Jesus Christ, who is a man in Heaven, not a baby.

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

I get what you are trying to say but who says Jesus is still a baby? Even at some birthday celebrations people will show baby pictures, or film of them as a baby, they will talk about them as a baby, but they don't still view them as a baby.

As far as I can recall, every pastor I've ever heard giving a sermon or lesson covering this area point out the prophecy fulfilled in Jesus birth and talk of the reason for His coming, which takes us to His death, burial and resurrection. Our pastor says the proper way to view the birth of Jesus is in light of the cross.

To answer your question -

Child in the manger, Infant of Mary,
Outcast and Stranger, Lord of all,
Child Who inherits all our transgressions,
All our demerits on Him fall.

Once the most holy Child of salvation
Gently and lowly lived below.
Now as our glorious mighty Redeemer,
See Him victorious o’er each foe.

Prophets foretold Him, Infant of wonder;
Angels behold Him on His throne.
Worthy our Saviour of all our praises;
Happy forever are His own.

Mary McDonald

Tune: Bunessan (Morning has broken)

In the year 4 B.C., IT WAS PROPER TO SAY "Worship the Newnorn King." Though it is doubtful that a great majority said such. Today, our cry should be as that of the first martyr. "Behold the Son of man!"

We should be pointing people to behold the Resurrection and the Life. We should be proclaiming with juyful sound, "Look unto Jesus, the One who defeated death and hell. The One who will have all men to repent and to come to faith in Him.

In the year 4 B.C., IT WAS PROPER TO SAY "Worship the Newnorn King." Though it is doubtful that a great majority said such. Today, our cry should be as that of the first martyr. "Behold the Son of man!"

We should be pointing people to behold the Resurrection and the Life. We should be proclaiming with juyful sound, "Look unto Jesus, the One who defeated death and hell. The One who will have all men to repent and to come to faith in Him.

I've never heard a "Christmas sermon" which didn't point to Christ as the Saviour sent forth as a child, grown into manhood, doing the works of the Father, becoming our sacrifice and only means of salvation through His death, burial and resurrection.

Even my twin sister said something like that the other day.  Someone else will have to correct her though.  A profit is without honor in his own country.  Every time I get into a Biblical discussion with her she gets hostile.  Partly because she defends the many perversions out there and cannot stand the KJV.

They hate the King James because with the many hundreds of MVs, there's always a version of a verse that agrees with their favorite sin, they don't have to be accountable and submissive to God, there's no absolutes with the MVs.

We do not treat Jesus as a baby, never, never do we treat our Savior, the king of Kings, as a baby, we just celebrate His birth, the birth of our Savior, the one who gave so much for us, that paid the unthinkable prices so that we can have that that blessed hope, that lively hope, that hope which is promised from both God the Father and Jesus the Savior.

Mt 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for He shall save his people from their sins.

Its a great time of the year to witness for our Savior, to bring attention to Him by many of the lost that are in this world. 

And even in that day it was celebrated, & He was worshiped, as the Savior, not as a baby.

Mt 2:9 ¶ When they had heard the king, they departed; and, lo, the star, which they saw in the east, went before them, till it came and stood over where the young child was.

Lu 2:13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,
Lu 2:14 Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.

Lu 2:15 And it came to pass, as the angels were gone away from them into heaven, the shepherds said one to another, Let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass, which the Lord hath made known unto us.

​And the Father furnished a star, a  angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men, so they could find the Savior, to celebrate his birth & to worship Him.

Yes, with what happen on that day, & what the Father furnished so that others could find Him, I believe those who argue against celebrating the birth of Jesus the Savior does a large disservice, & helps no one find the One who can saved them from their sins. 

And now we have many who discourage celebrating & worshiping this wonderful birth of the Savior, yet it seems God encouraged the celebrating & worshiping of our blessed Savior.

Many like to talk about the baby in the manger but feel uncomfortable with the King.

Feeling uncomfortable is one thing ..... seeing our sin as the King sees it is humbling ... or ...... something to ignore and suppress.

Jesus Christ the greatest Christmas Gift.

They hate the King James because with the many hundreds of MVs, there's always a version of a verse that agrees with their favorite sin, they don't have to be accountable and submissive to God, there's no absolutes with the MVs.

My son and I visited a church once and noticed we were the only ones carrying Bibles (not a good sign!). After the singing, and then a skit by the children, and then another song, the pastor finally showed up on the platform but he didn't carry a Bible either! He carried out some sheets of paper and laid them out on his pulpit.

It soon became clear why nobody had a Bible as the pastor would read a verse from the NIV, then The Message, then the Amplified, then the Living Bible, and a couple others I don't recall (no KJB, of course!). While he read them off his papers, a screen showed the various MV verses as he was reading them.

It's terrible the way some pastors and Christian authors will use a half dozen or more MVs in preaching a sermon or writing a book just so they can find a verse written in a way that agrees with what it is they are wanting to say.

In all of Jesus' preaching he never once said worship Me on my birthday which is December 25 on a new calendar the Catholics will invent. In all of the apostle teachings never once did they say we better worship Jesus in a special way its His birthday. Jesus told us  what to do in Luke 22. Even the word "Christmas" is catholic. I've often wondered if that is why Christmas is so pagan. The pagan tree became Christmas tree, witches wreath became Christmas wreath, etc. And some Christians would fight an 800 pound gorilla to try and make the pagan traditions Holy. All this got started in America here in the south. The Puritans shunned the 25th, but low and behold European immigrants here in the South got Christmas rolling with dancing and drinking. :( Makes me want to hang my head in shame.

On 12/30/2013 at 8:33 AM, MountainChristian said:

In all of Jesus' preaching he never once said worship Me on my birthday which is December 25 on a new calendar the Catholics will invent. In all of the apostle teachings never once did they say we better worship Jesus in a special way its His birthday. Jesus told us  what to do in Luke 22. Even the word "Christmas" is catholic. I've often wondered if that is why Christmas is so pagan. The pagan tree became Christmas tree, witches wreath became Christmas wreath, etc. And some Christians would fight an 800 pound gorilla to try and make the pagan traditions Holy. All this got started in America here in the south. The Puritans shunned the 25th, but low and behold European immigrants here in the South got Christmas rolling with dancing and drinking. :( Makes me want to hang my head in shame.

We made a personal choice years ago to not celebrate "Christmas" or any other "holiday". There is no biblical command to celebrate anything other than the first day of the week commemorating the day of His resurrection. I just wish I could convince my pastor...I did some research on the history of "Christmas" and the traditions, like the tree...it's not good. I'm of the opinion that there's no point in fighting it, let folks do as they please...we have to all act according to our conscience and conviction. 

The problem with Christmas is that most of those who celebrate it, celebrate it not because of God becoming man and saving our souls -- it's mostly about presents. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the RCC come up with Christ being born on December 25th? The majority of biblical scholars believe that he was born at the end of September, or early October. Something having to do with the "Feast of Tabernacles", and its timeline. I believe that the time the Two Witnesses are slain by the beast from the bottomless pit, the whole unbelieving world will rejoice, and send "gifts" one to another.

And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and a half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves. And they that dwell upon the Earth shall rejoice over them, and make MERRY, and shall send GIFTS one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth. (Revelation 11:9,10)

Christmas is the only time in America that I know when kinfolks, friends, etc. send gifts one to another. Regarding other countries and nations, I'm not sure about that. But the point is that it is in a time where people are making MERRY and sending GIFTS. And I believe that the Two Witnesses will be slain near or at Christmas time. I'm not dogmatic on this, it's just a strong assumption I have from reading the scriptures and praying. Furthermore, IF the Two Witness are indeed slain during Christmas time (which the RCC made up for Christ's birthday), it would make sense, and maybe their attempt to point to the Antichrist as "God." The word Antichrist could go two ways. Anti (according to the Greek concordance) can mean "against", or "in place of". Isn't that why one of the Pope's title is referred to as the "Vicar of Christ"?

I also want to understand why loved ones wait until Christmas to be cheerful, giving, and caring, etc. We should be True Christians and be cheerful, giving, and caring EVERY DAY. Why wait until the END of the year? But most importantly, Worship God!!! Anyways, those are my thoughts.

God Bless!!!

Edited by (Omega)

8 hours ago, (Omega) said:

The problem with Christmas is that most of those who celebrate it, celebrate it not because of God becoming man and saving our souls -- it's mostly about presents. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the RCC come up with Christ being born on December 25th?

Yes It was one of the early popes that "Discovered the date of Christ's birthday."  I can't remember which pope it was.

I personally believe it was at the time of the feast of tabernacles, of more likely on the Day of Atonement.

Spurgeon said we don't know which day Christ was born on, but we know one day he wasn't born on, Dec 25th.