• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Who Are You Worshiping This Christmas Season?

• Members

Even my twin sister said something like that the other day.  Someone else will have to correct her though.  A profit is without honor in his own country.  Every time I get into a Biblical discussion with her she gets hostile.  Partly because she defends the many perversions out there and cannot stand the KJV.

They hate the King James because with the many hundreds of MVs, there's always a version of a verse that agrees with their favorite sin, they don't have to be accountable and submissive to God, there's no absolutes with the MVs.

• Members

We do not treat Jesus as a baby, never, never do we treat our Savior, the king of Kings, as a baby, we just celebrate His birth, the birth of our Savior, the one who gave so much for us, that paid the unthinkable prices so that we can have that that blessed hope, that lively hope, that hope which is promised from both God the Father and Jesus the Savior.

Mt 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for He shall save his people from their sins.

Its a great time of the year to witness for our Savior, to bring attention to Him by many of the lost that are in this world. 

And even in that day it was celebrated, & He was worshiped, as the Savior, not as a baby.

Mt 2:9 ¶ When they had heard the king, they departed; and, lo, the star, which they saw in the east, went before them, till it came and stood over where the young child was.

Lu 2:13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,
Lu 2:14 Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.

Lu 2:15 And it came to pass, as the angels were gone away from them into heaven, the shepherds said one to another, Let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass, which the Lord hath made known unto us.

​And the Father furnished a star, a  angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men, so they could find the Savior, to celebrate his birth & to worship Him.

Yes, with what happen on that day, & what the Father furnished so that others could find Him, I believe those who argue against celebrating the birth of Jesus the Savior does a large disservice, & helps no one find the One who can saved them from their sins. 

And now we have many who discourage celebrating & worshiping this wonderful birth of the Savior, yet it seems God encouraged the celebrating & worshiping of our blessed Savior.

• Members

They hate the King James because with the many hundreds of MVs, there's always a version of a verse that agrees with their favorite sin, they don't have to be accountable and submissive to God, there's no absolutes with the MVs.

My son and I visited a church once and noticed we were the only ones carrying Bibles (not a good sign!). After the singing, and then a skit by the children, and then another song, the pastor finally showed up on the platform but he didn't carry a Bible either! He carried out some sheets of paper and laid them out on his pulpit.

It soon became clear why nobody had a Bible as the pastor would read a verse from the NIV, then The Message, then the Amplified, then the Living Bible, and a couple others I don't recall (no KJB, of course!). While he read them off his papers, a screen showed the various MV verses as he was reading them.

It's terrible the way some pastors and Christian authors will use a half dozen or more MVs in preaching a sermon or writing a book just so they can find a verse written in a way that agrees with what it is they are wanting to say.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

In all of Jesus' preaching he never once said worship Me on my birthday which is December 25 on a new calendar the Catholics will invent. In all of the apostle teachings never once did they say we better worship Jesus in a special way its His birthday. Jesus told us  what to do in Luke 22. Even the word "Christmas" is catholic. I've often wondered if that is why Christmas is so pagan. The pagan tree became Christmas tree, witches wreath became Christmas wreath, etc. And some Christians would fight an 800 pound gorilla to try and make the pagan traditions Holy. All this got started in America here in the south. The Puritans shunned the 25th, but low and behold European immigrants here in the South got Christmas rolling with dancing and drinking. :( Makes me want to hang my head in shame.

• 3 years later...
  • Members
On 12/30/2013 at 8:33 AM, MountainChristian said:

In all of Jesus' preaching he never once said worship Me on my birthday which is December 25 on a new calendar the Catholics will invent. In all of the apostle teachings never once did they say we better worship Jesus in a special way its His birthday. Jesus told us  what to do in Luke 22. Even the word "Christmas" is catholic. I've often wondered if that is why Christmas is so pagan. The pagan tree became Christmas tree, witches wreath became Christmas wreath, etc. And some Christians would fight an 800 pound gorilla to try and make the pagan traditions Holy. All this got started in America here in the south. The Puritans shunned the 25th, but low and behold European immigrants here in the South got Christmas rolling with dancing and drinking. :( Makes me want to hang my head in shame.

We made a personal choice years ago to not celebrate "Christmas" or any other "holiday". There is no biblical command to celebrate anything other than the first day of the week commemorating the day of His resurrection. I just wish I could convince my pastor...I did some research on the history of "Christmas" and the traditions, like the tree...it's not good. I'm of the opinion that there's no point in fighting it, let folks do as they please...we have to all act according to our conscience and conviction. 

• Members

The problem with Christmas is that most of those who celebrate it, celebrate it not because of God becoming man and saving our souls -- it's mostly about presents. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the RCC come up with Christ being born on December 25th? The majority of biblical scholars believe that he was born at the end of September, or early October. Something having to do with the "Feast of Tabernacles", and its timeline. I believe that the time the Two Witnesses are slain by the beast from the bottomless pit, the whole unbelieving world will rejoice, and send "gifts" one to another.

And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and a half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves. And they that dwell upon the Earth shall rejoice over them, and make MERRY, and shall send GIFTS one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth. (Revelation 11:9,10)

Christmas is the only time in America that I know when kinfolks, friends, etc. send gifts one to another. Regarding other countries and nations, I'm not sure about that. But the point is that it is in a time where people are making MERRY and sending GIFTS. And I believe that the Two Witnesses will be slain near or at Christmas time. I'm not dogmatic on this, it's just a strong assumption I have from reading the scriptures and praying. Furthermore, IF the Two Witness are indeed slain during Christmas time (which the RCC made up for Christ's birthday), it would make sense, and maybe their attempt to point to the Antichrist as "God." The word Antichrist could go two ways. Anti (according to the Greek concordance) can mean "against", or "in place of". Isn't that why one of the Pope's title is referred to as the "Vicar of Christ"?

I also want to understand why loved ones wait until Christmas to be cheerful, giving, and caring, etc. We should be True Christians and be cheerful, giving, and caring EVERY DAY. Why wait until the END of the year? But most importantly, Worship God!!! Anyways, those are my thoughts.

God Bless!!!

Edited by (Omega)

• Members
8 hours ago, (Omega) said:

The problem with Christmas is that most of those who celebrate it, celebrate it not because of God becoming man and saving our souls -- it's mostly about presents. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the RCC come up with Christ being born on December 25th?

Yes It was one of the early popes that "Discovered the date of Christ's birthday."  I can't remember which pope it was.

I personally believe it was at the time of the feast of tabernacles, of more likely on the Day of Atonement.

Spurgeon said we don't know which day Christ was born on, but we know one day he wasn't born on, Dec 25th. 

• Members

if the account of Christ's birth is accurate, He was born in the spring when the shepherds were outside with their flocks. December 25th was the date (or somewhere thereabouts) of a pagan festival called Saturnalia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturnalia

Many of the current Christmas customs come from this "holiday". "The holiday was celebrated with a sacrifice at the Temple of Saturn, in the Roman Forum, and a public banquet, followed by private gift-giving, continual partying, and a carnival atmosphere that overturned Roman social norms: gambling was permitted, and masters provided table service for their slaves.[1] "

Once I did my homework on this one...no more "Christmas" at all. 

• Members
17 hours ago, Saved41199 said:

if the account of Christ's birth is accurate, He was born in the spring when the shepherds were outside with their flocks. December 25th was the date (or somewhere thereabouts) of a pagan festival called Saturnalia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturnalia

Many of the current Christmas customs come from this "holiday". "The holiday was celebrated with a sacrifice at the Temple of Saturn, in the Roman Forum, and a public banquet, followed by private gift-giving, continual partying, and a carnival atmosphere that overturned Roman social norms: gambling was permitted, and masters provided table service for their slaves.[1] "

Once I did my homework on this one...no more "Christmas" at all. 

In Scotland this evening's festival is Hogmanay.  It is celebrated by pyrotechnics throughout the world.  In the new year at the turn of the millennium, the TV  showed the images from pacific islands and one of them showed fire worshippers.  Hogamanay is the ancient feast of Mene, Number.  (From which we get our word money)  The Greeks told us that Number was the father of gods and men.  But the Greeks also tell us that Saturn was the father of gods and men. So Number and Saturn must be one and the same.  Saturn was the Fire God.  So Saturnalia and Hogmanay must be one and the same festival.

• Isaiah 65:11  But ye are they that forsake the LORD, that forget my holy mountain, that prepare a table for that troop, and that furnish the drink offering unto that number.