• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

How To Make Christians Criminals

• Members

As they used Daniel's belief in God to trap him, they can use our belief's to trap us. How you say?

They can make a law that every one must take a chip in their right hand. Only the Christians are likely to resist strongly.

Criminals may not own guns!

• Members

I won't be here when "the mark" is instituted...

This is one of the things I don't understand about so many who hold to the pre-trib rapture view. They say the antichrist will come forth after the rapture, the mark of the beast is after the rapture, yet so many are constantly trying to figure out just who the antichrist is and are continually worried about the mark of the beast. Many even worry they will somehow accidently take the mark of the beast and be sent to hell; which is totally contrary to the scriptural teaching of "once saved, always saved" as well as an affront to God in thinking that He would allow born again believers to be tricked into taking the mark and be cast into hell.

• Administrators

This is one of the things I don't understand about so many who hold to the pre-trib rapture view. They say the antichrist will come forth after the rapture, the mark of the beast is after the rapture, yet so many are constantly trying to figure out just who the antichrist is and are continually worried about the mark of the beast. Many even worry they will somehow accidently take the mark of the beast and be sent to hell; which is totally contrary to the scriptural teaching of "once saved, always saved" as well as an affront to God in thinking that He would allow born again believers to be tricked into taking the mark and be cast into hell.

The anti-christ will be an adult when the rapture takes place - hence, he will already exist. (  :th_wellduh:  How's that for a real "duh" statement?  :nuts: ).  Personally, I don't believe he will be someone already prominently in the public eye. I think he will be someone who will come on the scene in a splash and a surprise.  He will be someone who is credible - which leaves BO out... :ROFL:  But no matter what one believes, speculation will continue.

As to accidentally taking the mark or otherwise - one cannot lose one's salvation, no matter what.  I agree totally with the last part of your final statement. 

I think, honestly, that even unsaved people will resist chips.  Some, not all.  There are people out there who are unsaved who are against governmental control, and that's what a chip is, completely.  I do believe that the current chip idea is a precursor to the mark.  Just as BO is a precursor to the antichrist. Steps closer and closer to the real thing make the real thing easier to swallow.

• Members

Or we could have a simple statement like "Caesar is Lord" or "There is no god but Allah, & Mohamed is his prophet" or the worship of the sacrament, or the exclusive use of the Book of Common Prayer .... Down the ages, there have been many such "marks" requiring faithfulness by the believer. Daniel & his friends suffered because they rejected an order by the king. Christians are suffering in our enlightened & free countries because they stand on the Word of God against the new laws enforcing acceptance of sexual perversion.

We need not look to today's or the future's high tech devices. John was writing to his readers who suffered for their obedience to God.

• Members

Or we could have a simple statement like "Caesar is Lord" or "There is no god but Allah, & Mohamed is his prophet" or the worship of the sacrament, or the exclusive use of the Book of Common Prayer .... Down the ages, there have been many such "marks" requiring faithfulness by the believer. Daniel & his friends suffered because they rejected an order by the king. Christians are suffering in our enlightened & free countries because they stand on the Word of God against the new laws enforcing acceptance of sexual perversion.

We need not look to today's or the future's high tech devices. John was writing to his readers who suffered for their obedience to God.

The major thing wrong with your reasoning there is the fact that the Word of God states

"And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:" (Rev. 13:16)

"He causeth all" not some.  Those instances through the ages are not the mark spoiken of in Revelation 13.  That is a future event.

Preterism is a false doctrine.  I place it where it belongs... in the garbage.

• Members

God will send an angel to warn mankind before the mark of the beast is given!

Revelation 14:9-11

9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,

10The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

11And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

There is talk that the government is going to require all who receive benefits from the government to take a chip.

Archived