• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Tower Of Babel

allen32

• Members

There is still only one race.
Certain attributes have gained prominence in certain groups because of isolation.
But every group of people can interbreed with every other group - one race.

God made groups of language - people gathered according to understanding of language and separated on that basis. As they bred, common attributes became prominent.
Simple genetics, not miraculous intervention.

• Moderators

There is still only one race.
Certain attributes have gained prominence in certain groups because of isolation.
But every group of people can interbreed with every other group - one race.

God made groups of language - people gathered according to understanding of language and separated on that basis. As they bred, common attributes became prominent.
Simple genetics, not miraculous intervention.

:goodpost:

• Members

There was one race - one blood - a few generations from Noah. There would be the beginning of genetic variations in the families & the LORD would have divided the languages along the genetic lines he created. Those genetic variations would be accentuated by the separation as intermarriage would not be possible when they all separated. Thus the races would develop, with living conditions diet, climate, etc, playing their part.

• Administrators

i know there is only one race i was asking if it all come down it the tower of babel that all

I believe that is where the differences began to be obvious. When God changed the languages to confound their goal of building the tower to Heaven, people very likely migrated to those who spoke the same language.  I've seen mappings that show where the language groups moved to together.  Then, by breeding only with that group, genetics brought out certain traits that are still obvious in those groups today.   

• Members
Being close to thanksgiving and all, I was recently reading some interesting things about turkeys. Turkeys, being indigenous to the Americas, were first domesticated somewhere in Mexico, I think.many years before Columbus landed. WHen the Europeans arrived, turkeys began to be exported and many wound up in the land of Turkey, hence the name. Anyway, the 'turkeys' which were then bred in the Old World for many years eventually varied greatly from the original indigenous turkeys by the time  they were later brought back to the Americas. Now turkeys come in all sizes, shapes and colors which very different from the ones the "pilgrims" ate for Thanksgiving. :) I doubt very seriously there were breeds of solid white turkeys in the original wild turkey populations, but that's where white turkey breeds came from.

Point being; the potential for diversity was carried in the genes of Noah and his Wife, and his sons' wives.....  confusion of languages at Babel created the scattering of people groups.....genetic isolation did the rest.

• Members

Being close to thanksgiving and all, I was recently reading some interesting things about turkeys. Turkeys, being indigenous to the Americas, were first domesticated somewhere in Mexico, I think.many years before Columbus landed. WHen the Europeans arrived, turkeys began to be exported and many wound up in the land of Turkey, hence the name. Anyway, the 'turkeys' which were then bred in the Old World for many years eventually varied greatly from the original indigenous turkeys by the time  they were later brought back to the Americas. Now turkeys come in all sizes, shapes and colors which very different from the ones the "pilgrims" ate for Thanksgiving. :) I doubt very seriously there were breeds of solid white turkeys in the original wild turkey populations, but that's where white turkey breeds came from.

Point being; the potential for diversity was carried in the genes of Noah and his Wife, and his sons' wives.....  confusion of languages at Babel created the scattering of people groups.....genetic isolation did the rest.

I agree.

I read somewhere that in the 1800s turkeys were herded from Norfolk to Lonon, a fair distance.

• Administrators

Being close to thanksgiving and all, I was recently reading some interesting things about turkeys. Turkeys, being indigenous to the Americas, were first domesticated somewhere in Mexico, I think.many years before Columbus landed. WHen the Europeans arrived, turkeys began to be exported and many wound up in the land of Turkey, hence the name. Anyway, the 'turkeys' which were then bred in the Old World for many years eventually varied greatly from the original indigenous turkeys by the time they were later brought back to the Americas. Now turkeys come in all sizes, shapes and colors which very different from the ones the "pilgrims" ate for Thanksgiving. :) I doubt very seriously there were breeds of solid white turkeys in the original wild turkey populations, but that's where white turkey breeds came from.

Point being; the potential for diversity was carried in the genes of Noah and his Wife, and his sons' wives..... confusion of languages at Babel created the scattering of people groups.....genetic isolation did the rest.

Exactly. We actually see the same thing after the flood. We have a rich abundance of diversity in the animal kingdom today that began as simple 2 and 7 of each species - not every breed of every species. Humankind is the same way. And there's nothing evolutionary about it! 

• Members

Exactly. We actually see the same thing after the flood. We have a rich abundance of diversity in the animal kingdom today that began as simple 2 and 7 of each species - not every breed of every species. Humankind is the same way. And there's nothing evolutionary about it! 

right

• Members

There is but one race of people & we are all humans, homo sapiens, made in the image of God. Yet all people do not have the same color of skin, the same exact characteristics. God was the author of that & it did not come about by evolution. And I fail to understand why anyone would deny there's a difference in humans. Its not being racist its just admitting all humans are not exactly the same. 

The world we live in separates us, divides us, into different races so we can be identified one from the other. And its important to do so especially when it comes to crimes. For example if a crime is committed by a Caucasian, white person the offices of the law will look for a Caucasian, white person. If this was not used them many criminals would never be caught & crimes rate would be even worse than they presently are.

And it would seem the 1st two Adam created out of the dust, & Eve created out of Adams rib where alike except for one being a man, & the other a woman.

• Members

There is but one race of people & we are all humans, homo sapiens, made in the image of God. Yet all people do not have the same color of skin, the same exact characteristics. God was the author of that & it did not come about by evolution. And I fail to understand why anyone would deny there's a difference in humans. Its not being racist its just admitting all humans are not exactly the same. 

The world we live in separates us, divides us, into different races so we can be identified one from the other. And its important to do so especially when it comes to crimes. For example if a crime is committed by a Caucasian, white person the offices of the law will look for a Caucasian, white person. If this was not used them many criminals would never be caught & crimes rate would be even worse than they presently are.

And it would seem the 1st two Adam created out of the dust, & Eve created out of Adams rib where alike except for one being a man, & the other a woman.

Genesis 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. 

We are one race created in the image of God.

This separating and dividing is of the world and creates all kinds of contention and discrimination.

• Members

Genesis 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. 

We are one race created in the image of God.

This separating and dividing is of the world and creates all kinds of contention and discrimination.

Contention? I suppose it does for all who are racist & believes that one race is better than the other, yet for those who are not it doesn't.

Sad we have so may racist people of all colors.

Archived