• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Great Signs From The Heaven Have Begun

• Members

It is most often preached that 2/3 of Jews will die in their sins during the tribulation and the remaining 1/3 will recognize Jesus as their Messiah when he returns.

Those who preach that Jews don't need to be born again, but will receive some sort of automatic salvation simply because they are Jews, are teaching a false message.

Salvation for the remnant of Israel at the end of the Tribulation is conditional.  Who's to say that Jesus will not appear to them as he did to Paul (for example)?

Hosea 5:15

I will go and return to my place, till they acknowledge their offence, and seek my face: in their affliction they will seek me early.
Zech 12:10
And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications:
and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced,
Israel, as a Nation, has to acknowledge that they crucified their Messiah.  Then the Messiah will set up his Kingdom with Jerusalem as its capitol.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thank you, brother Steve.  You cleared up my thoughts on  Romans 11:26-27.  Very true about John Hagee, as well.  Amen, brother Eric.  He certainly is.  People think they are still blinded but the old testament is clear with scriptures to the Jews.  Brother John, Amen!  Those facts are in the Book of Daniel.  I didn't mean to say that the Jews don't need to be born again.  The Bible teaches salvation by grace through faith in Jesus Christ.  This has always been my problem with John Hagee.  Sure, he helps out God's chosen seed, but he does nothing to plant seeds to the Jews and win them to the Lord.

• Members

2 Timothy 3:1-9

1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as their's also was.

• Members

The "problem" with using 2 Tim. 3 as prophecy about end times is that Paul is giving Timothy advice about how to live in the last days, & deal with the situation:

Read on:

10 But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,

11 Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me.

12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;

The Apostles believed they were living in the last days - the last days of the old covenant Israel, before the prophesied destruction.

• Members

It is true that the Apostles believed they were in the last time as 1 John 2:18 states.

They also knew that Jesus could come at any time.

The signs referred to in my 1st post point to the 2nd coming to earth at the end of time when God will judge all the earth not Just the Jews.

• Members

It is true that the Apostles believed they were in the last time as 1 John 2:18 states.

They also knew that Jesus could come at any time.

The signs referred to in my 1st post point to the 2nd coming to earth at the end of time when God will judge all the earth not Just the Jews.

First post:

Great Signs from the Heaven have Begun

So the signs in your first post are over 1000 years too early ?!?

Mark 13:31 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.

32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

33 Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.

34 For the Son of Man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch.

35 Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning:

36 Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping.

37 And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.

• Members

So the signs in your first post are over 1000 years too early ?!?

Mark 13:31 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.

32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

33 Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.

34 For the Son of Man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch.

35 Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning:

36 Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping.

37 And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.

Watch

1 Thessalonians 5:1-11

1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.

2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

7 For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.

8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.

11 Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.

We are to know the signs for the day of the Lord and watch for them.

Why?

We will be going home because the rapture comes before the day of the Lord!

So as Peter said in 2 Peter 3 be diligent.

Archived