• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Great Signs From The Heaven Have Begun

• Members

No doubt, Hagee's stance on this is that the Gog and Magog war is coming within the next couple of years and Christians will be raptured within the next couple of years. There is no other way to take his comments on this.

If the Lord does not return in the next couple of years we can look forward to Hagee's "new revelation" as to why not and I'm sure he'll look at contemporary goings on at that time to come up with more predictions.

One of the main problems with prophecy/end times obsessed folks over the past several decades has been their focus upon current events and trying to force it into Bible prophecy, only to change their tune with each change in contemporary news cycles.

There was once much focus upon the RCC which then gave way mainly to obsession with the Soviet Union and Warsaw Bloc, which then gave way to focus upon Iraq, which then gave way to focus upon Islam, and now special focus upon Iran; and for the blood moon crowd we are back to looking at Russia and Germany leading a coalition of nations against Israel.

I don't believe Scripture is suddenly being "rediscovered" or that "better understanding" or "progressive revelation" is taking place so that each change in the news cycle suddenly can be fit into Bible prophecy.

I also don't believe Scripture teaches we are to give so much attention to the details or timing of the end, but rather to be mindful that the end is coming some day and in light of that, and not knowing just when the end will come about, that we should be giving our time to serving the Lord by drawing ever closer to Him, submitting ourselves to His service, spreading the Gospel, making disciples, shining the light of Christ in this dark world.

I agree.  I have been hearing about this since the '80's.  It seems Paul thought it would happen in his day.  I would love to experience the rapture but at the same time, there are a lot of people not saved, including some of my family.  

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I went back again to listen to the part where Hagee called this a "new revelation".  I'm no longer sure if that's what he called it now.  He's either saying "new revelation" or "new regulation".  IF he's saying "regulation", he's pronouncing it the way "revelation" is pronounced...like this...re-ga-lay-shun rather than re-gu-lay-shun.

Sorry, but I'm not sure what he's saying...and I apologize for even bringing this up.

• Members

Progressive Revelation? ha ha Someone sounds like a "Ruckmanite".

Perhaps like a "Danielite"?  Obviously you overlooked this little "clue" from Daniel 12:

But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end:
many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.  Daniel 12:4

But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.  1 Thess 5:4
However, it is evident that a lot of Christians are "in darkness" (asleep) as to the "times" we are in.

Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober. 1 Thes 5:6

• Members

Proverbs 22:3

3 A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself: but the simple pass on, and are punished.

Proverbs 21:20

20 There is treasure to be desired and oil in the dwelling of the wise; but a foolish man spendeth it up.

Proverbs 6:5-11

5 Deliver thyself as a roe from the hand of the hunter, and as a bird from the hand of the fowler.

6 Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise:

7 Which having no guide, overseer, or ruler,

8 Provideth her meat in the summer, and gathereth her food in the harvest.

9 How long wilt thou sleep, O sluggard? when wilt thou arise out of thy sleep?

10 Yet a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to sleep:

11 So shall thy poverty come as one that travelleth, and thy want as an armed man.

• Members

I agree.  I have been hearing about this since the '80's.  It seems Paul thought it would happen in his day.  I would love to experience the rapture but at the same time, there are a lot of people not saved, including some of my family.  

So, was Paul mistaken?  The Apostles believed they were living in the last days - the last days of Israel as a nation, according to Jesus' Olivet prophecy. They were right.

Mark 13:And Jesus answering said unto him, Seest thou these great buildings? there shall not be left one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

30 Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.

Heb. 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

2: How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;

1 John 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; ....

Jesus gave lots of signs of those end times - some were not specific, but some were given so the Jerusalem Christians could flee the city before its destruction.

Mat. 24:And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

Luke 21:And they asked him, saying, Master, but when shall these things be? and what sign will there be when these things shall come to pass?

And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them.

But when ye shall hear of wars and commotions, be not terrified: for these things must first come to pass; but the end is not by and by.

No. Our Lord's instruction to his people in the millennium since the destruction is clear:

Mark 13:29 So ye in like manner, when ye shall see these things come to pass, know that it is nigh, even at the doors.

30 Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.

Jerusalem was destroyed before that generation passed.

31 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.

32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

33 Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.

34 For the Son of Man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch.

35 Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning:

36 Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping.

37 And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.

Should we be speculating about signs? NOT AT ALL: Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.

Just get on with the work the Lord's has given us.

• Members

So, was Paul mistaken?  The Apostles believed they were living in the last days - the last days of Israel as a nation, according to Jesus' Olivet prophecy. They were right.

Mark 13:And Jesus answering said unto him, Seest thou these great buildings? there shall not be left one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

Heb. 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

2: How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;

1 John 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; ....

Jesus gave lots of signs of those end times - some were not specific, but some were given so the Jerusalem Christians could flee the city before its destruction.

Mat. 24:And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

Luke 21:And they asked him, saying, Master, but when shall these things be? and what sign will there be when these things shall come to pass?

And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them.

But when ye shall hear of wars and commotions, be not terrified: for these things must first come to pass; but the end is not by and by.

No. Our Lord's instruction to his people in the millennium since the destruction is clear:

Mark 13:29 So ye in like manner, when ye shall see these things come to pass, know that it is nigh, even at the doors.

Jerusalem was destroyed before that generation passed.

31 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.

32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

33 Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.

34 For the Son of Man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch.

35 Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning:

36 Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping.

37 And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.

Should we be speculating about signs? NOT AT ALL: Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.

Just get on with the work the Lord's has given us.

I don't mean to seem like a dummy but not sure what your response has to do with my post about the rapture.  ????

• Members

I was in a local Christian bookstore looking at their prophecy section, where they sell Larkin's material.  Some lady came up to me and pointed out Hagee's new book, and asked if I had read it.  I said, "No, I have not."  She then proceeded to tell me about some of it, and blah, blah, blah.  I listened politely for a minute or so, and then pointed to Larkin's "Dispensational Truth" book, and asked if she had read that.  She said, "No."  I said, "Ma'am, you can get a seminary level Bible education for the price of that book.  You will get more than just prophetic teaching, you will get great teaching from the whole Bible, with no guess work." 

She left....

So I have a few points here.

What Bible Believer in their right mind would give the time of day to the charismatic, tongues-talking Hagee?

And...

Why is it that the unstable Christians from these non-denominational/charismatic churches are so quick to jump on the "latest" teachings from the likes of Hagee that they completely IGNORE sound Bible doctrine???

aaarrrggghhh!!!!

In Christ,

• Members

I was in a local Christian bookstore looking at their prophecy section, where they sell Larkin's material.  Some lady came up to me and pointed out Hagee's new book, and asked if I had read it.  I said, "No, I have not."  She then proceeded to tell me about some of it, and blah, blah, blah.  I listened politely for a minute or so, and then pointed to Larkin's "Dispensational Truth" book, and asked if she had read that.  She said, "No."  I said, "Ma'am, you can get a seminary level Bible education for the price of that book.  You will get more than just prophetic teaching, you will get great teaching from the whole Bible, with no guess work." 

She left....

What Bible Believer in their right mind would give the time of day to the charismatic, tongues-talking Hagee?

And...

Why is it that the unstable Christians from these non-denominational/charismatic churches are so quick to jump on the "latest" teachings from the likes of Hagee that they completely IGNORE sound Bible doctrine???

aaarrrggghhh!!!!

In Christ,

Steve and all,

Don't you believe God gives Israel and the Gentiles signs with the sun and moon?

• Members

She left....

And...

aaarrrggghhh!!!!

In Christ,

Years ago I heard (I used to know a few people who watched him on TV) Hagee describe himself as a "Pentecostal Baptist".

I don't know if he still considers himself to be such. In some ways he's like something tossed by the waves. He used to preach that everyone needs to be born again in Christ but as he got more involved in politics he changed his preaching in this area and now says that Jews don't need to be born again in Christ because God has a special plan for them and they will all be saved.

• Members

Years ago I heard (I used to know a few people who watched him on TV) Hagee describe himself as a "Pentecostal Baptist".

I don't know if he still considers himself to be such. In some ways he's like something tossed by the waves. He used to preach that everyone needs to be born again in Christ but as he got more involved in politics he changed his preaching in this area and now says that Jews don't need to be born again in Christ because God has a special plan for them and they will all be saved.

Years ago, my first pastor called John Hagee a "Bapti- costal."  ;)  Anyway, I studied out the blood moons quite awhile back.  Are the Jewish feast days linked to Christianity?  My husband told me not to put too much stock in the blood moons, b/c for years some Christian preachers have been preaching about the Rapture.  Date setters and that.  Born again Christians look like fools. We all know what the Bible says about the Father in Heaven being the only one who knows the day and the hour.

Anyway, the Jews are supposed to make Aliyah (immigrate) to Israel and they are still all over the world.  The USA is filled with Torah Observant  Jews. 

The aposte Paul says in Romans 11:26-27..."And so all of Israel shall be saved;  as it is written, there shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob.  27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins."  I am starting to believe this b/c of this scripture. 

Also, Christians think that will be Raptured without going through many trials and tribulations.  They have been preparing FEMA camps all over the USA for some time now.  Unusual black helicopters are flying across the sky in America.  I saw them on my trip on Southeastern, OH last week.  Also, tanks are on the roads throughout the USA.  I saw those, as well, last week.  Hmmm. 

• Members

Scattered Thoughts:

I heard Hagee on the radio by accident (I wasn't purposefully looking for him...just turned the radio on and heard somebody preaching, not knowing who it was.)  It sounded pretty good, so I tuned it in the next day, and he got into speaking in tongues, and that was the end of that.  I have seen him on TV from time to time, and he has a really good delivery, and sometimes his content is OK, but he can't help but get into the leaven of Pentecostalism.  "A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump."  That's why I leave him alone, because his error are so egregious that they can't be overlooked.

Blood moons, etc.

I believe we are still in the period of time known as "the times of the Gentiles," and as such the Lord will not give Israel any "signs" until the time of "the Tribulation" is here.  The Book of Revelation is clear that the signs don't appear again until the Tribulation period occurs.

All Israel shall be saved:

Hagee is wrong on this.  Any Jew DURING THE CHURCH AGE must be saved just like anybody else - by faith in Jesus Christ.

The Passage in Romans 11 has to do with the Jews in the Tribulation period, and it is dealing with the Antichrist attempting to PHYSICALLY kill all of the Jews.  There will be some Jews who sign the peace treaty with the Antichrist, and even some who will take the mark of the beast.  But the Lord's warning to them is that they run to the mountains and hide (Matt. 24), and the Lord feeds Israel in the wilderness during the Tribulation period, just as the Lord fed Israel in the wilderness wanderings of Exodus.  Towards the end of the Tribulation, there will not be very many Israelites left, but all that are left at the Return of Christ will be saved from certain destruction that the antichrist wreaks on Israel.  It is prophetic; it is not dealing with the individual salvation of each individual Jew and the salvation of their SOUL.....

• Members

God is talking to Israel today.

Zephaniah 1:14-2:3

14The great day of the LORD is near, it is near, and hasteth greatly, even the voice of the day of the LORD: the mighty man shall cry there bitterly.

15 That day is a day of wrath, a day of trouble and distress, a day of wasteness and desolation, a day of darkness and gloominess, a day of clouds and thick darkness,

16 A day of the trumpet and alarm against the fenced cities, and against the high towers.

17 And I will bring distress upon men, that they shall walk like blind men, because they have sinned against the LORD: and their blood shall be poured out as dust, and their flesh as the dung.

18 Neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them in the day of the LORD's wrath; but the whole land shall be devoured by the fire of his jealousy: for he shall make even a speedy riddance of all them that dwell in the land.

(Israel has gathered and the day of the Lord is very, very near!)

1 Gather yourselves together, yea, gather together, O nation not desired;

2 Before the decree bring forth, before the day pass as the chaff, before the fierce anger of the LORD come upon you, before the day of the LORD's anger come upon you.

3 Seek ye the LORD, all ye meek of the earth, which have wrought his judgment; seek righteousness, seek meekness: it may be ye shall be hid in the day of the LORD's anger.

• Members

It is most often preached that 2/3 of Jews will die in their sins during the tribulation and the remaining 1/3 will recognize Jesus as their Messiah when he returns.

Those who preach that Jews don't need to be born again, but will receive some sort of automatic salvation simply because they are Jews, are teaching a false message.

Archived