• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

A still small voice

• Members

In life we walk down a path and that path is called life we live it for the one who created us. We should look for him in life, we should seek after him. When we listen for him we will hear him. Sometimes when we get so busy we forget to listen with hectic lives and others telling us how we should live. We must always remember God knows best and we should be listening to the still small voice.

The devil tries anything to make us be from the voice of our creator. You must not listen to the roaring lion who wants to take away what God has made his a unity in Christ A marriage. You need God in that but if he isn't things will be terrible and that roaring line will get in and destroy marriages. God wants to be that still small voice in a marriage.

so let him be that voice don't listen to all those other voices or you will lose the voice of the one who makes everything right. It gets too loud, people lose the site of the Lord. Listen carefully never let life get too busy to hear that still small voice who knows you oh so well. Oh what a wonderful sound of that still small voice.

This is beautiful, godsgurlie. :smile Did you write this?

YES! We all know as believers to listen to that "Still small voice." I yearn to hear it. :amen:

In Christ ~

Molly

How beautiful! You have such talent, godsgurlie. :thumb That is so awesome. Writing is so good for the soul. Keep it up...I would love to read more of your work. :-)

• Members
How beautiful! You have such talent' date=' godsgurlie. :thumb That is so awesome. Writing is so good for the soul. Keep it up...I would love to read more of your work. :-)[/quote']

It is only by God's gracethat I can write a poem like tht and all the talents come from God that I have and I thank God for them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Very awesome, I used to read alot and enjoyed it. I got away from it more and more though simply because most of it wasn't heathy material. Alot of times I would use it as a means of escape from reality. KInd of like the drug user or any other addiction. Now it seems like life is so busy that I have a hard time keeping up. It should be real important that we do listen to that still small voice. So thanks.....

• Members
Very awesome' date=' I used to read alot and enjoyed it. I got away from it more and more though simply because most of it wasn't heathy material. Alot of times I would use it as a means of escape from reality. KInd of like the drug user or any other addiction. Now it seems like life is so busy that I have a hard time keeping up. It should be real important that we do listen to that still small voice. So thanks.....[/quote']

I've always read a lot but not all of it was the best sort of things to be reading. Eventually I weeded out pretty much all the fiction and about the only things I would read were Bible/biblical, history and politics. These days the vast majority of books I read are biblical-based books. This year I've read over 20 books so far and all of them have been Christian (non-fiction).

For myself, I've found that keeping all that other stuff out of my mind (fiction) and also concentrating upon godly books for edification that my mind is much more focused upon the Lord and His Kingdom.

• Members

I hear that Amen! I read alot of fantasy and science fiction books. Kind of somewhat like my dad. History stuff I used to love reading. I find now I have a different attitude depending on what part of history ones talking about. I'd like reading more about the good stuff in history rather than the bad stuff.

• Members

Yeah, I still love history but I don't want to waste my time with the distorted "histories" put forth these days. I don't read much history these days, maybe a book or two during the year and I'm very picky about what I do take the time to read.

I haven't read a science fiction book in so many years I can't even remember the last one I read. I used to read some westerns too. A person has to be real careful with those too because so many are filled with cussing and some even have sexual garbage in them!

During the summer reading program at the library I might read a Louis L'amour western and that's when I'm likely to read a really old history book or two. I've read their entire selection of Christian books worth reading (not counting their big Christian romance novel section :roll ) and they usually don't have anything new in the Christian section each summer. :sad

• 3 weeks later...