• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Lo! He Comes With Clouds Descending,

Invicta

• Members

Yet being as the way Christ return shall come & with the Bible telling about it, it needs to be told in the right manner, not the wrong manner.

As far as to keeping going on & on about it, I've stated how it will come about for all who read this topic so there's nothing else needs to be said. One either accept the Bible way are they do not.

• Members

And a half dozen people give a half dozen different views on this point and each one of them declares their view is the Bible way.

Most are unable to scripturally support their view or to scripturally refute one or more of the other views.

For those few who do actually go in the Word and present Scripture to support each point of their view, and Scripture to refute other views, I give them much credit whether I find their case to be sound or not; at least they are willing to give scriptural support and face the challenges which come from doing so.

It's too bad more of them don't hold discussions on these matters in meeting halls in this area as they do in some.

• Members

And a half dozen people give a half dozen different views on this point and each one of them declares their view is the Bible way.

Most are unable to scripturally support their view or to scripturally refute one or more of the other views.

For those few who do actually go in the Word and present Scripture to support each point of their view, and Scripture to refute other views, I give them much credit whether I find their case to be sound or not; at least they are willing to give scriptural support and face the challenges which come from doing so.

It's too bad more of them don't hold discussions on these matters in meeting halls in this area as they do in some.

Take what I posted, get your Bible out, & see if it lines up with the Bible or not. And do the same with what others have stated, them come to your conclusion. That is my suggestion, & I say that for when this topic comes up you seem to act as if your not sure which is the right way. 

And of course there will be different views, different teachings, those who though the ages that separated from the true teaching church did so because they completely disagreed with the Bible truths. That was already happening during the days the New Testament was being written, & the falling away is much worse now than them.

• Members

Take what I posted, get your Bible out, & see if it lines up with the Bible or not. And do the same with what others have stated, them come to your conclusion. That is my suggestion, & I say that for when this topic comes up you seem to act as if your not sure which is the right way. 

And of course there will be different views, different teachings, those who though the ages that separated from the true teaching church did so because they completely disagreed with the Bible truths. That was already happening during the days the New Testament was being written, & the falling away is much worse now than them.

My post was not directed toward you or I would have quoted one of your previous posts or mentioned your name. As noted at the end of my post I mentioned the discussions that are held in some places between differing views of eschatology.

I know what I believe in this area but I'm not closed to learning more.

When statements are made regarding a view but Scripture is not given to support the view they are not giving anyone anything to look up and study for themselves.

• Members

Jerry said:

The verses we just read is speaking about when Jesus’ comes in the air for his own, we commonly refer to as the rapture-
  We could also read about it in 1 Corinthians 15:51-57, page 1227-

That of course is misquoting scripture as I have shown you before.  The scripture does not say that Jesus is coming to the air.  It says that he is coming and we will meet him in the air.  Something completely different.   

I was taught that Jesus is coming for His saints, and then with his saints, two comings.  However when I asked where the scripture mentions two comings, they said well it is not really two comings but two parts of one coming.  However we had a preacher at my current church a couple of times about 2 years ago, just before he died.  He said that when Jesus comes in Acts 1. 9  And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.

10  And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;
11  Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.
He is not coming for or with his saints, but only to the Jews as Jesus was speaking only to Jews,  I asked him where the church was at this time and he said "In heaven."  So here we have a third second coming.  

Someone who has since gone to be with the Lord, said to me afterwards "But the angel was speaking to Christians,"

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Sing the hymn boldly and joyfully.  "When he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight. And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven."

Watch those clouds!  Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

• Members

I hope this hymn posting will not cause any cntroversy

Oh Where Are the Reapers

O where are the reapers that garner in
The sheaves of the good from the fields of sin?
With sickles of truth must the work be done,
And no one may rest till the harvest home.

Refrain

Where are the reapers? O who will come
And share in the glory of the harvest home?
O who will help us to garner in
The sheaves of good from the fields of sin?

Go out in the byways and search them all;
The wheat may be there but the weeds are tall;
Then search in the highway, and pass none by;
But gather them all for the home on high.

Refrain

The fields are all ripening, and far and wide
The world now is waiting the harvest tide:
But reapers are few, and the work is great,
And much will be lost should the harvest wait.

Refrain

So come with your sickles, ye sons of men,
And gather together the golden grain;
Toil on till the Lord of the harvest come,
Then share ye His joy in the harvest home.

Refrain