• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

boy.rocket1

Amy Grant is a Hypocrite

[quote="John81"]On a similar note, while scanning the radio in our car, I've come across Christian groups singing hymns that sounded horrible! Including Amazing Grace...which they changed some of the words to (I recall they left out the part about being a wretch). Such a beautiful and inspiration song when sang properly and when backed by appropriate music but not as this Christian group put it forth. :sad[/quote]

:ot: John, you mentioned Amazing Grace, and I was just wondering what you thought about Chris Tomlin's version (My Chains Are Gone). Personally, I kind of liked it.

:back: While I know we shouldn't judge a person when he/she falls, but the problem is you see a lot of these CCM artists openly living in sin and they don't seem to be bothered by it at all (I have no idea what their heart is like, but their words make it seem as though they don't care). In those cases it's hard not to question their salvation.

I think in some cases, that sort of "judging" isn't all that bad, because when we see a person (who we can contact, of course) who seems to be unsaved, we have to witness to them. While if we never "judge" anyone in that way, I don't think we would witness to them either. Of course, talking about them on a message board is quite a different story, though it's useful to warn those who might be influenced by them.

It's 1:40AM here, so sorry if anything I posted doesn't make sense. :Green

:ot: John, you mentioned Amazing Grace, and I was just wondering what you thought about Chris Tomlin's version (My Chains Are Gone). Personally, I kind of liked it.

:back: While I know we shouldn't judge a person when he/she falls, but the problem is you see a lot of these CCM artists openly living in sin and they don't seem to be bothered by it at all (I have no idea what their heart is like, but their words make it seem as though they don't care). In those cases it's hard not to question their salvation.

I think in some cases, that sort of "judging" isn't all that bad, because when we see a person (who we can contact, of course) who seems to be unsaved, we have to witness to them. While if we never "judge" anyone in that way, I don't think we would witness to them either. Of course, talking about them on a message board is quite a different story, though it's useful to warn those who might be influenced by them.

It's 1:40AM here, so sorry if anything I posted doesn't make sense. :Green

Sorry, I don't know who Chris Tomlin is.

I agree that a great many CCM artists look, act and talk very worldly. We are to judge one another by the fruits we see just as we are to examine ourselves likewise. If we see someone who claims to be a brother in Christ yet their fruit appears worldly, then we are right to talk with them in an attempt to find out the state of their soul.

For many CCM artists, as well as many professing Christians in general, there seems to be the attitude of, "I'm a Christian but I think this or that and I don't think the Bible means this or that, and ever present I don't see anything wrong with...

For the most part, when confronted with Scripture on a topic, whether it be about speech, homosexuality, women pastors, mannerisms, dress style, dating, etc., it's all about what they think rather than what the Bible actually says.

Over and over you hear, "God made me this way so it must be okay", which is used to justify a plethora of sins. Then you hear how part of the Bible doesn't apply to us, just to the bigoted, culturally prejudiced people back then. Or the ever popular, "God called me this", even if it's something the Bible clearly says is wrong and therefore God would never call them to that.

So yes, we should be concerned about the condition of anyones soul who professes to be a Christian yet their lives don't seem to bear this out. Professing Christians who are not actually biblically born again are just as lost as those who are outright not biblical Christians and are in need of salvation.

[quote="kevinmiller"][quote="HappyChristian"]I don't like the breathy, breaky-voice style of singing.[/quote]
I'm not crazy about it either, honestly. I like a good full voice behind a song. :thumb[/quote]
Me, too. I have heard the extra verse he penned to Amazing Grace - I like the words to that!

Guest Guest
[quote="John81"]
Over and over you hear, "God made me this way so it must be okay", which is used to justify a plethora of sins.[/quote]

That is an excuse to sin. YES, you are right, John.

:hijack: God doesn't make a person a "Homosexual." People are NOT born into the sin of "Sodomy." They chose to do it. It is life choices and circumstances that make a person choose that sin. Just like any other sin. Medical science has proved this. :thumb

[quote="candlelight"][quote="John81"]
Over and over you hear, "God made me this way so it must be okay", which is used to justify a plethora of sins.[/quote]

:hijack: God doesn't make a person a "Homosexual." People are NOT born into the sin of "Sodomy." They chose to do it. It is life choices and circumstances that make a person choose that sin. Just like any other sin. Medical science has proved this. :thumb[/quote]

I was thinking about this very thing this morning in the shower. I'm sure that here in CT someone is going to challenge law in order to get it to include all manner of perversion that they will say they were born to love. If one used their argument as truth that one is born with a "sexual orientation" to the same sex; what is to prevent those others to claim they were born with a "sexual orientation" to a type of animal? or to polygamy? or to children?

If you are able to control those, then you are certainly able to control same sex urges.

Sorry, I don't buy it. At least be intellectually honest enough to say you just plain choose it!

Guest Guest

Yep, trc. I will have to get the information from my sister. She took a class on this subject through the RCC. The RCC has the medical information out there.

It might be available on the Catholic Encyclopedia website. The RCC isn't fearful of exposing this sin...b/c they have the Vatican to protect them. LOL.

:hijack: God doesn't make a person a "Homosexual." People are NOT born into the sin of "Sodomy." They chose to do it. It is life choices and circumstances that make a person choose that sin. Just like any other sin. Medical science has proved this. :thumb

:amen::amen::goodpost:
It bugs me when people sayit is genetics when it totally isn't they just choose to be animals and choose to live in sin.

Guest Guest

Yes...godsgurlie. It is sin...and, what is bothersome these days is that we have the medical knowledge to go with it. People love to excuse any old sin. :roll

Medical evidence doesn't lie. :smile

Here's a link about Amy Grant:

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evils%20in%20America/CCM/amy_grant-exposed.htm

Note I do not endorse everything on the website.

I read somewhere of a song of Amy's, showing that she thought baptism equated forgiveness, because of her Church of Christ background.

Thanks for showing us that and showing us how she is not really saved considering what that says :goodpost: :thumb

My dad has told of a preacher saying from the pulpit that if they knew him like he knew himself' date=' they would want nothing to do with him. He then said for them not to walk out, but to consider that if he knew them like they each knew themself, he would want nothing to do with them. I believe this to be very true. And those who get in the spotlight are going to be seen more clearly as to what the rest of us may be able to hide. Yes I see that she was divorced, not something that can be hid. I am not a fan of hers, but feel it unfair to say she is not saved!! What would you think of a man professing to be very religious, and looked up to having an affair???? Adultry!!! What if he found out that the woman he had the affair was pregnant, so he has the husband killed so he can hide the affair and marry her. Adultry, Murder!!! His name was King David. We need to be careful how we decide who is saved and who is lost!!!![/quote']

Very good thoughts. Very true. King David was and still is a great role model.