• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Amy Grant is a Hypocrite

boy.rocket1

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

[quote="kevinmiller"][quote="HappyChristian"]I don't like the breathy, breaky-voice style of singing.[/quote]
I'm not crazy about it either, honestly. I like a good full voice behind a song. :thumb[/quote]
Me, too. I have heard the extra verse he penned to Amazing Grace - I like the words to that!

[quote="John81"]
Over and over you hear, "God made me this way so it must be okay", which is used to justify a plethora of sins.[/quote]

That is an excuse to sin. YES, you are right, John.

:hijack: God doesn't make a person a "Homosexual." People are NOT born into the sin of "Sodomy." They chose to do it. It is life choices and circumstances that make a person choose that sin. Just like any other sin. Medical science has proved this. :thumb

• Members

[quote="candlelight"][quote="John81"]
Over and over you hear, "God made me this way so it must be okay", which is used to justify a plethora of sins.[/quote]

:hijack: God doesn't make a person a "Homosexual." People are NOT born into the sin of "Sodomy." They chose to do it. It is life choices and circumstances that make a person choose that sin. Just like any other sin. Medical science has proved this. :thumb[/quote]

I was thinking about this very thing this morning in the shower. I'm sure that here in CT someone is going to challenge law in order to get it to include all manner of perversion that they will say they were born to love. If one used their argument as truth that one is born with a "sexual orientation" to the same sex; what is to prevent those others to claim they were born with a "sexual orientation" to a type of animal? or to polygamy? or to children?

If you are able to control those, then you are certainly able to control same sex urges.

Sorry, I don't buy it. At least be intellectually honest enough to say you just plain choose it!

Yep, trc. I will have to get the information from my sister. She took a class on this subject through the RCC. The RCC has the medical information out there.

It might be available on the Catholic Encyclopedia website. The RCC isn't fearful of exposing this sin...b/c they have the Vatican to protect them. LOL.

• Members

:hijack: God doesn't make a person a "Homosexual." People are NOT born into the sin of "Sodomy." They chose to do it. It is life choices and circumstances that make a person choose that sin. Just like any other sin. Medical science has proved this. :thumb

:amen::amen::goodpost:
It bugs me when people sayit is genetics when it totally isn't they just choose to be animals and choose to live in sin.

Yes...godsgurlie. It is sin...and, what is bothersome these days is that we have the medical knowledge to go with it. People love to excuse any old sin. :roll

Medical evidence doesn't lie. :smile

• Members
Here's a link about Amy Grant:

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evils%20in%20America/CCM/amy_grant-exposed.htm

Note I do not endorse everything on the website.

I read somewhere of a song of Amy's, showing that she thought baptism equated forgiveness, because of her Church of Christ background.

Thanks for showing us that and showing us how she is not really saved considering what that says :goodpost: :thumb

• Members
My dad has told of a preacher saying from the pulpit that if they knew him like he knew himself' date=' they would want nothing to do with him. He then said for them not to walk out, but to consider that if he knew them like they each knew themself, he would want nothing to do with them. I believe this to be very true. And those who get in the spotlight are going to be seen more clearly as to what the rest of us may be able to hide. Yes I see that she was divorced, not something that can be hid. I am not a fan of hers, but feel it unfair to say she is not saved!! What would you think of a man professing to be very religious, and looked up to having an affair???? Adultry!!! What if he found out that the woman he had the affair was pregnant, so he has the husband killed so he can hide the affair and marry her. Adultry, Murder!!! His name was King David. We need to be careful how we decide who is saved and who is lost!!!![/quote']

Very good thoughts. Very true. King David was and still is a great role model.