• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Amy Grant is a Hypocrite

boy.rocket1

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Amy Grant is a complete hypocrite. She says that she's for God and sings songs about him. Then she goes and gets divorced and remarried and has shown no repentence or sorrow for this sin.

I've always thought that hypocritical Christians like Grant are the worst and most dangerous people on this planet. They sucker everyone to think certain evil things are okay.

I've always thought that hypocritical Christians like Grant are the worst and most dangerous people on this planet. They sucker everyone to think certain evil things are okay.

I don't think Amy Grant is really a Christian. I heard somewhere that she believes she's a Christian because her grandma was a Christian... or something like that. I don't know if that's true, but she doesn't show any fruit of being a true Christian...

Btw, since you're new here... you should go post a thread in the "Introduce Yourself" forum! :cool Ya know... like let us know who you are, how you found this site, etc.

• Members
Btw' date=' since you're new here... you should go post a thread in the "Introduce Yourself" forum! :cool Ya know... like let us know who you are, how you found this site, etc.[/quote']

Okay I'll do that. I'll just make this last point. She thinks she's a Christian and she relays that. That's what makes her so dangerous.

• Members

I don't know much about Amy Grant. I know some of the early songs she sang were edifying and a blessing to many. Then she seems to have decided to try and "reach a wider audience" by singing non-christians songs. While those songs might not have been "bad", they were nothing more than pop fluff and her attempt to break into the pop market never really took off.

I do know that she married Vince Gill, another professing Christian who was divorced after his wife left him for the last time. I don't really know the story of his marriage and divorce nor of Amy's and their divorce.

I've never come across anything where Amy has discussed her divorce so I don't know whether she's ever spoken of it rightly or not. Vince and Amy do works for charities and stuff but that about ends what I know of them.

• Members
I don't know much about Amy Grant. I know some of the early songs she sang were edifying and a blessing to many. Then she seems to have decided to try and "reach a wider audience" by singing non-christians songs. While those songs might not have been "bad", they were nothing more than pop fluff and her attempt to break into the pop market never really took off.

I do know that she married Vince Gill, another professing Christian who was divorced after his wife left him for the last time. I don't really know the story of his marriage and divorce nor of Amy's and their divorce.

I've never come across anything where Amy has discussed her divorce so I don't know whether she's ever spoken of it rightly or not. Vince and Amy do works for charities and stuff but that about ends what I know of them.

Charity doesn't bring salvation.

• Members

She claims she is but that doesn't mean she is.

True, but not knowing her and not knowing enough about her there is no way I can rightly determine in my own mind whether I believe she is likely saved or unsaved.

All born again Christians sin. It's just that most of us don't live in the spotlight so many of our sins are not known ourside of ourselves, our homes or our little circle.

While it's a shame, there are born again Christians who do divorce just as there are some who steal, kill, rape, lie, gossip, cheat, etc.

None of us grow in the Lord at the same pace and there are some who only grow to a certain point and they stall out or begin to stagnate or some backslide.

My point being, I'm don't know enough about Amy to rightly judge as to what I think the likely condition of her soul is.

• Members

True, but not knowing her and not knowing enough about her there is no way I can rightly determine in my own mind whether I believe she is likely saved or unsaved.

All born again Christians sin. It's just that most of us don't live in the spotlight so many of our sins are not known ourside of ourselves, our homes or our little circle.

While it's a shame, there are born again Christians who do divorce just as there are some who steal, kill, rape, lie, gossip, cheat, etc.

None of us grow in the Lord at the same pace and there are some who only grow to a certain point and they stall out or begin to stagnate or some backslide.

My point being, I'm don't know enough about Amy to rightly judge as to what I think the likely condition of her soul is.

The thing is, she had no biblical reason to divorce. She said this at one point. No adultery.

• Members
My point being' date=' I'm don't know enough about Amy to rightly judge as to what I think the likely condition of her soul is.[/quote']

I think what you said John is right on! We can't be casting out the speck in our brothers' eyes when there's a moat in ours... If we do, then whatever measure we mete by that judgment then we will receive the same measure.

Matthew 7:1
Judge not, that ye be not judged.
Matthew 7:2
For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

John 7:24
Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.