• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Near Confrontation During House To House

• Members

Oh yeah, and for those who are nitpicking at the "salesmanship" approach....

as a young teen, my buddies father led me through the sinners prayer with that much belittled "salesmanship" approach.  I said the sinners prayer just to go along with the man, he was well liked by me and everybody else and he felt is was important so I played along.....and I did NOT get saved, though he thought I did.   He hugged me and dropped some big tears of joy right on my lap, handed me a little new testament and told me all of the answers for life I ever need are in that book.   I did not get saved, but I sure knew what I was walking away from as I said no to God and chose to go my own way for the pleasures of my sin.    I never forgot, and when life became confusing I sought the Lord, got saved in my young twenties....thanks to some other preachers who felt so compelled to go out trying to tell strangers about Jesus wherever they could get an opportunity.

Of course a person may not actually get saved when they say that sinners prayer, but I STILL say God bless every believer who cares enough to try to show a  sinner like me how I can be saved........and shame on the scholars who want to prop themselves up as Christian leaders when they put down simple people who lead other simple people through a simple sinner's prayer to be saved.

Edited by Saintnow

• Members

We've knocked on every door in this city something like seven times over the last five years, and now are putting more focus on community outreach events, inviting people in while some are continuing the systematic door knocking.  If you live on back roads and you know the people well enough and know they don't want you knocking on their door, then don't knock.  There are a million ways to try to bring people in where you can befriend them and give them the gospel.  It might cost some money, might take some time and effort, but it's worth it.   There are rewards in heaven, are there not?  Are we not rewarded for giving a cup of water in the name of a disciple?   I get myself fired up talking about these things, and when I go out in public I'm quick on the draw to hand somebody a tract or steer the conversation to sow seeds of the word of God and water it with a prayer.  Jesus promised if we go forth weeping, bearing precious seed, we would doubtless come again bring out sheaves with us, and His word will not return to Him void....just do something.....

It wearies me to hear people criticizing others who are trying to spread the gospel.  Paul rejoiced that the gospel was being spread by charlatans.........the fact that the messenger Is faulty does not negate the power of the gospel......

I love to hear the testimonies of people who got saved and the stories of how God used them to reach out to others who get saved or say the dumbest and saddest things when they think they don't need to be saved.......

• Members

Rolling Stones concert 45k plus in attendance.  There had to be more.  Because they just kept coming to the stadium.  4 hours of holding signs, witness, tracts and people reading their Bibles out loud to the crowd.  That was this week.  I forgot to film it lol.  Tonight is a country western band at the large stadium.  Then back to the arena for a very popular comedian.  I film to give people and idea of what to do handing out tracts, signs, witnessing, Bible reading etc.  Events are varied from the con events.  Starcon, Musicon etc.  Plays, concerts, festivals etc.  

I like some of the ideas up there.  Mass mailings etc.  One thing of note is not entering a screened in porch.  I always wondered about that lol.  That's some good etiquette.  I like that lol.  I won't give tracts to small kids.  But to their parents.  

One thing I won't do is witness at work.  Or to business associates.  I let some know that I evangelize.  For a variety of Bible reasons.  I don't bring the Gospel to my workplace.   I don't recommend that.  However some have strong feelings about that. I have seen people crash and get bounced for bringing the Gospel to work. You have a duty to yourself and to your own.  To take care of them.  

• Members

Potatochip,

If it is possible, and the moderators do not disagree, I would like to see some of you evangelizing methods that you have filmed. Probably, some of the other brethren would like to view a clip or two also.  

Or, if you have some film clips on Youtube; could you possibly give us a link to one, or, two?

May the Lord richly bless your efforts. I think what you are doing is great and is a good example to all of us.

• Members

Potatochip,

If it is possible, and the moderators do not disagree, I would like to see some of you evangelizing methods that you have filmed. Probably, some of the other brethren would like to view a clip or two also.  

Or, if you have some film clips on Youtube; could you possibly give us a link to one, or, two?

May the Lord richly bless your efforts. I think what you are doing is great and is a good example to all of us.

Thank you Alan.  I sure don't come close to the commitment you have made to the Gospel in my life.  I've asked for the level of dedicating my life to the Gospel. However this seems to be what I have been given.  Which I love doing.   You won't seem me in any of these videos. lol.  However you will hear me lol.   I am camera shy.  Always have been.  You will see a lot of the people I go with in outreach's however.  We have been doing this for years.  Only recently have I started my channel.  The channel was started as an outreach.  The places we go which are quite popular.  That maybe they would listen to the Gospel.  Also what you forwarded.  That it would give evangelists and street preachers and or potential evangelists and street preachers.  Some thoughts on what to do.  

I use Bible Fellowship League for tracts.  They are very inexpensive.  A really worthy ministry to donate too.  As they send tracts to missionaries all over the world.  In all languages.

Mark Cahill the really tall fellow in the Hawks playoff's video (former Auburn basketball player).  Also has tracts he prints and distributes for free. (Donations also)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmJIvjPdNsiNsn9YY6cGrmg

Edited by Potatochip

• Members

Rolling Stones concert 45k plus in attendance.  There had to be more.  Because they just kept coming to the stadium.  4 hours of holding signs, witness, tracts and people reading their Bibles out loud to the crowd.  That was this week.  I forgot to film it lol.  Tonight is a country western band at the large stadium.  Then back to the arena for a very popular comedian.  I film to give people and idea of what to do handing out tracts, signs, witnessing, Bible reading etc.  Events are varied from the con events.  Starcon, Musicon etc.  Plays, concerts, festivals etc.  

I like some of the ideas up there.  Mass mailings etc.  One thing of note is not entering a screened in porch.  I always wondered about that lol.  That's some good etiquette.  I like that lol.  I won't give tracts to small kids.  But to their parents.  

One thing I won't do is witness at work.  Or to business associates.  I let some know that I evangelize.  For a variety of Bible reasons.  I don't bring the Gospel to my workplace.   I don't recommend that.  However some have strong feelings about that. I have seen people crash and get bounced for bringing the Gospel to work. You have a duty to yourself and to your own.  To take care of them.  

​I agree. When we're working by the hour for some else, we're on their time. However, if it's a type job where the "mouth" doesn't slow the hands down, I would see nothing wrong with it,. Anyway, if one can't verbally "witness", they can BE a witness and one huge part of that is by not wasting time and being the best working employee in the department.

Edited by heartstrings