• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Thanksgiving

Left the Bldg

• Members

With Thanksgiving approaching I think it would be a fun and good way to get to know each other a little more personally by sharing 5 things we are thankful for.

1. I am thankful for God's grace, mercy, provisions, salvation and His agape love for me.

2. I am thankful that while I was in a dark place, God put in my path of self-destruction, someone who is a loving, supportive, loyal, hard working and family oriented man that I can respect and stand by his side and call him my husband.

3. I am thankful that God chose ME to be the mother of Evelyn, Nickie, Jackie, Anthony, Kelly and Joey.  They are a blessing beyond words.

4. I am thankful that through all the tragedies in my personal life and the world around me that I can still have joy in the midst.

5. I am thankful for the simple things in life I sometimes take for granted.  The home that provides shelter, a safe haven and security.  Our employment, although at times can be hard and stressful, provide us with food, shelter and clothing.

Lord bring me closer to you and your ways.  Open my spiritual eyes so I can see you more clearly. Let my life be a testimony to reach out to people that need you.  Let it start with my children, that you gave to me, so they too can be a living testimony of who you are, what you did and what you continue to do. 

• Members

I tried to "like" it but it said I had reached my quota for the day! Impossible! I just got on!

Love your post! You're so in depth :clapping:

My top 5 without going into detail.

1-my salvation

2-being American

3-my mother

4-my daughter

5-pastor/church family

only 5? hmm, too many blessings to stop at five! :godisgood:

• Members

I tried to "like" it but it said I had reached my quota for the day! Impossible! I just got on!

Love your post! You're so in depth :clapping:

My top 5 without going into detail.

1-my salvation

2-being American

3-my mother

4-my daughter

5-pastor/church family

only 5? hmm, too many blessings to stop at five! :godisgood:

I didn't want to overwhelm anyone.  I also have more.  :-)  You mentioned some I forgot.  #2 and #5.

• Members

1. My salvation

2. All powerful God and my spiritual family in Christ

3. My husband and 2 sons

4. Church we can openly attend here in USA and the pastor

5. the Bible and bible study

6. My German Shepherd, Bear and Chocolate Lab, Moose

7. My simple, but luxurious house (I have seen housing in a few 3rd world countries)

8. Our bountiful harvest of food, personal necessities, and a few "luxuries"

Sorry could not stop at 5- no self control- like a city without gates sometimes .........

• Members

1. My salvation

2. All powerful God and my spiritual family in Christ

3. My husband and 2 sons

4. Church we can openly attend here in USA and the pastor

5. the Bible and bible study

6. My German Shepherd, Bear and Chocolate Lab, Moose

7. My simple, but luxurious house (I have seen housing in a few 3rd world countries)

8. Our bountiful harvest of food, personal necessities, and a few "luxuries"

Sorry could not stop at 5- no self control- like a city without gates sometimes .........

:godisgood:

• Members

I'm glad your dad is still with you.  Mine passed a year ago in Dec.  My mom just this past July.  :-(  I believe I will see them again.

My mom died in July 2002. She had battled with cancer for 15 years (doctors told her she had less than 5 to live when she was first diagnosed). My dad has a heart condition and other ailments and nobody thought he would live long after mom passed, not even him. It's a blessing to have him still with us and considering he's not saved it's best for him too. I also don't know how my sister will handle him passing. She's very close to him and also unsaved. So I thank God for each day, pray for their souls and enjoy the time we have.

It's a good thing that you can look forward to seeing them again!

• Members

My mom died in July 2002. She had battled with cancer for 15 years (doctors told her she had less than 5 to live when she was first diagnosed). My dad has a heart condition and other ailments and nobody thought he would live long after mom passed, not even him. It's a blessing to have him still with us and considering he's not saved it's best for him too. I also don't know how my sister will handle him passing. She's very close to him and also unsaved. So I thank God for each day, pray for their souls and enjoy the time we have.

It's a good thing that you can look forward to seeing them again!

Since my parents didn't bring us up in church and their lives didn't display spiritual growth because of that, I questioned their salvation even though they were very moral, old school and strict.  They both told all of us kids that they believed even though they didn't go to church.  I stand on Romans 10:9 anytime I have doubt.  I know we each have to make our own decision when we accept Christ and no one can do it for us, but I also believe that if He loved us enough to die for all those who would believe in Him, he would have mercy on our loved ones for our sake.  He loves our families more than we could ever love them.

I pray that God shows himself to your dad and sister in such a marvelous way that they can't resist the Spirit's call.  I pray that you have hope and comfort until that day comes.

• Members

1.  Thankful for the blood of Christ; without which there would be no remission
2.  Thankful for the forgiveness of Christ; without which none could ever have any hope of escaping hell
3.  Thankful for the Words of Christ; without which I would foolishly be doing things my own way
4.  Thankful for the Righteousness of Christ; without which God's wrath would surely be upon me
5.  Thankful for the godly woman God gave to me as my wife

• Members

I am very thankful for:

1)  My salvation, and God's untiring grace, mercy and longsuffering.

2)  My family.  My husband and son.  My first family and relatives, my aged mom, and my husband's family and relatives, which are also my family.

3)  My church family, my pastor and pastor's wife.  My friends, in real life and online.

4)  My husband's income and my retirement.

5)  To live in the "Land of the Free and Home of the Brave."

6)  My two dogs... Duke and Dusty

7)  Food, shelter and clothing

8)  Being able to read my Bible, pray, have devotionals and witness to the lost.

**This list is really not in any particular order.  I could go on and on, but these are the things I am mainly thankful for.** 

• Administrators

Well, there is so much to be thankful for! 

1. Knowing that my Dad is in Glory and that I will see him again.  As well as my FIL, MIL, and oldest BIL, and others who have gone before.  I'm battling tears often these days because I miss my Dad so.  But he's so much better off where he is!  :clapping:

2. My son and DIL.  God has been working in their lives to increase their faith.  He has done some marvelous things just the past 2 days. They've been rather down and we've been able to encourage them and walk with them through this growth time in their faith.

3. The Word of God.  To be able to read His Word and share it with others is such a blessing.

4. Church. I'm thankful that we still have enough freedom in this country to be able to attend church without having to go underground as so many Christians have to.

5. Food.  God provides so well for us. Not just what we need, but what we like, too.  Even chocolate cherry cordial ice cream   :hungry: !

The list could go on and on.  "Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation."  Loadeth.  What a wonderful truth!

• Members

I'm so thankful that we can know that even though life may rough in many way, & become more difficult as we increase in age, that the best is yet to come, & we have so much to look forward to, that God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away & we shall be with our Lord forever, along with our saved loved ones that have gone before us to Glory.

• Members

Jerry, I love that scripture you quoted.  It is one of my favorite verses.  My pastor refers to it as... "The Divine Handkerchief."  It makes me cry out of love with that blessed hope we will all share in heaven one day with Our Saviour and oneanother.  Our God is so awesome, words cannot describe it!  :)

Archived