• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Thanksgiving

Left the Bldg

• Members

I'm glad your dad is still with you.  Mine passed a year ago in Dec.  My mom just this past July.  :-(  I believe I will see them again.

all of the above!

Your mom and Dad are doing what my Mom and Dad are doing in glory.

Read Psalm 149:4-6a

4For the LORD taketh pleasure in his people: he will beautify the meek with salvation.

5Let the saints be joyful in glory: let them sing aloud upon their beds.

6Let the high praises of God be in their mouth,

• Members
2 Corinthians 4:15 For all things are for your sakes, that the abundant grace might through the thanksgiving of many redound to the glory of God.

2 Corinthians 9:11 Being enriched in every thing to all bountifulness, which causeth through us thanksgiving to God.

Philippians 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

Colossians 2:7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.

Colossians 4:2 Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving;

1 Timothy 4:3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

1 Timothy 4:4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:

Revelations 7:12 Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.

Here is the verses in the New Testament that has thanksgiving in them, & its always associated with giving thanksgiving to our Father & not about the man made holiday. And we should give Him thanksgiving every single day, or even more often.

Yet some people who are not a member of any church & even many church members visit church only on some of the man made holidays such as Thanksgiving, I suspect hoping to get a blessing from God on a man made holiday for attending church services.

Let us remember to give Him thanksgiving for all He has done for us all the time, while being faithful to Him, Jesus, & Jesus' Church which we are a part of. He is faithful so we ought to be faithful too.

Archived